Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #151
Aussie XB12SS
Buell Man

Default Re: 2011 Focus out in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
Wait until they realise the indicator stalk is on the LHS.
Ahhhhhhhh man that explains it. I was going to take it back cause the wipers come on every time I indicate.
Harley Fat Bob
Aussie XB12SS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #152
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

The latest edition of Wheel has a comparo of the Titanium tdci against the Golf 103tdi. Golf won as per usual but a side bar noted that the Titianium had a larger turning circle because of the larger wheels it has compared to the rest of the range. It also noted that Ford had fix for this issue from Oct/Nov (I think) production onwards. So they knew it was an issue and have addresed it.
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #153
blatchie

Quote:
The Sport and Titanium also get a six-stack CD player with a nine-speaker Sony sound system that offers plenty of punch for such a small car.
All the information I have doe's not mention a 6 stack CD player That's impressive. I have seen a Sony system with a sub on a US site. that would be a good option too
blatchie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #154
irs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blatchie
All the information I have doe's not mention a 6 stack CD player That's impressive. I have seen a Sony system with a sub on a US site. that would be a good option too
I cannot find any reference to a 6 stack CD player on the Ford Focus sites in UK, Germany, USA and South Africa, Will check with my dealer, as I have a Sport diesel on order for delivery in about two weeks,
irs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #155
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It doesn't have a six stacker matey. Was at Ford getting info to get work some of those new Rangers (which are bloody awesome BTW) and it does not have a six stacker. Fact is most people stream music via Bluetooth, utilise the iPod connectivity and/or USB their music.
Old 26-09-2011, 12:50 AM   #156
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
I can't believe people care, let alone complain, let alone call it a deal broker about turning circle!!! FFS!!

I drive a big Falcon in tight in city car parks with no problem.. People need to learn how to drive if they think it is a problem!!
Falcon has always had a great turning circle....
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2011, 01:49 PM   #157
blatchie

Mine should be at the dealer on Wed.I told them when it comes in not to touch it until I see it.( I have read focus lemon story) I told them I want to see it at its worst. Been waiting since Aug 18 .
Old 26-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #158
Aussie XB12SS
Buell Man

Quote:
( I have read focus lemon story).
Is this on the new model & where would I find this story.
I'd be interested to have a look
Harley Fat Bob
Old 26-09-2011, 05:33 PM   #159
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
So apparently the old Focus was 'pedestrian' to drive? Is the reviewer being serious?

Every other Focus review I've read/seen has stated that the new Focus isn't anywhere near as fun to drive as the outgoing model.
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #160
rand0mn00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0i OHC
So apparently the old Focus was 'pedestrian' to drive? Is the reviewer being serious?

Every other Focus review I've read/seen has stated that the new Focus isn't anywhere near as fun to drive as the outgoing model.
I was kind of surprised by that statement too since the outgoing Focus handles exceptionally well compared to its rivals and is to me one of its key selling points.

My hope was that his statement meant that the new Focus handles even better than the LS/LT/LV models and in a sense making it seem pedestrian by comparison to the new, rather than in an absolute sense.

Perhaps his daily is an Evo lancer. Or he's just an idiot :p
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2011, 07:23 PM   #161
ConradP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand0mn00b
My hope was that his statement meant that the new Focus handles even better than the LS/LT/LV models and in a sense making it seem pedestrian by comparison to the new, rather than in an absolute sense.p
The way he worded it doesn't make it sound like that at all though, so I guess he never really drove a ls/lt/lv focus to know how great it actually handles!
Old 26-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #162
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

When it's all said and done it's only one persons opinion and some of these guys are very biased as well.

I love my LV Zetec and it handles brilliantly especially with the new 22mm Whiteline swaybar. The improvement was instantly noticeable from the time I drove out of the driveway, the car feels well planted to the road now.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #163
blatchie

Quote:
Is this on the new model & where would I find this story.
I'd be interested to have a look

This was on an older model one that was made in south Africa. It's under the same heading as this topic just on another page.
Old 27-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #164
Aussie XB12SS
Buell Man

Quote:
This was on an older model one that was made in south Africa. It's under the same heading as this topic just on another page.
Interesting read but not sure if I can compare the older model with this one.
Must admit I'm a little disappointed with rattles in the doors & dash but it will get fixed.
Check the speedo before you take delivery as well. I sat in ours when it had 1.5 km's on it. When I picked it up a week later it had 54 km's & 2 phones had been linked to the blue tooth & I know one was a salesman's
Harley Fat Bob
Old 27-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #165
ConradP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie XB12SS
Interesting read but not sure if I can compare the older model with this one.
Must admit I'm a little disappointed with rattles in the doors & dash but it will get fixed.
Check the speedo before you take delivery as well. I sat in ours when it had 1.5 km's on it. When I picked it up a week later it had 54 km's & 2 phones had been linked to the blue tooth & I know one was a salesman's
Yeah they do wind the K's back, I thought they weren't allowed to do it once over 1000 though but I guess some push it..
Old 27-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #166
rand0mn00b

I don't think Aussie XB12SS is implying the Ks on the odometre was wound back

What I think he's talking about is the 50KMs that the car had been driven by at least 2 people in the week between inspecting it and taking it home

Or maybe he did imply the odometre had been wound back from 1,500 to 54
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #167
blatchie

At 54 Ks I would call the car a Demo and I would pay the demo price.However mine being a Manual Sports the so few have been delivered I would expect some curiosity however I wont accept too may K's on the clock.
Old 27-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #168
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

From my understanding the amount of kms on the clock when you take delivery may vary under certain conditions - for example if you are having paint protection done as part of the pre delivery package the car may need to be driven to and from the dealership to another business to have the work carried out, the same could apply to window tint or any other added options you may choose that are fitted or applied to the vehicle through the dealer but not by the dealer. The distance from the nearest inspection station may also be a few K's away if the dealer is not licenced to do inspections, it doesn't take long to run up a few k's. I don't consider 54 kms on the clock at delivery to be excessive but at the same time if anyone is not happy with the amount of kms on the odometer when taking delivery of the car be sure and bring it to the attention of the dealer at that time as it's no good complaining about it once you've driven away :(
Old 27-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #169
Aussie XB12SS
Buell Man

Yep. The car had done 1 and a half kms on the showroom floor when I signed the paper work. A week later when I picked it up it had done 54 km's
Only driving should have been to the window tinter approximatelyy 1 km (one) away. I do consider the km's excessive when I paid for a "new car".
I didn't notice the Km's until I was driving away after I signed the "I am happy with the car" form.
Car did get left at tint shop from Friday morning till Monday because they forgot to pick it up.
I didn't notice that Archie & another phone had been set up until I got home.
I did mention that I was not happy with the boot scuff marks on the doors, kick panels & big smudge on the windscreen.
Smudge about 5cm wide x 10cm long ended up being some sort of glue that I had to get off with a razor blade. How the hell it got there I'll never know.
Won't be surprised if the door rattles have been caused by the window tinter
Issues I have are not with the car itself.

I think if they had of gone through all the options with us, showed us how to use the park assist etc like I'm pretty sure they are meant too then I would have seen the km's.
Harley Fat Bob
Old 27-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #170
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They can reset the odo three times whilst its still under 100km. They probably just forgot to reset it before giving it to you, or had already done too many resets....

I dont believe 1.5km is possible, so my guess it was reset atleast once.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2011, 10:53 PM   #171
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine had done about 100 k's when I first test drove it, it wasn't an actual demo but had been driven by a few potential buyers during the runout sale prior to the LW release. I put up about 30 k's on my test drive as the dealership is right next to a Freeway and I was gone for a good 30 mins trying it out. I put a deposit on it and the K's were exactly the same when I picked the car up a few days later
Old 27-09-2011, 11:46 PM   #172
ConradP

Mine had 61 I think, flown in from SA but tinted in ringwood so about 10-15km from the dealer, and then driven to my house so another 5-10kms there. Really 54km's isn't alot, it's nothing and it's not like it's going to hurt the car at all so you shouldn't really threat about it.
Old 28-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #173
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6
The latest edition of Wheel has a comparo of the Titanium tdci against the Golf 103tdi. Golf won as per usual but a side bar noted that the Titianium had a larger turning circle because of the larger wheels it has compared to the rest of the range. It also noted that Ford had fix for this issue from Oct/Nov (I think) production onwards. So they knew it was an issue and have addresed it.
Why exactly did Ford decide to move downmarket with the new Focus and target the Golf instead of the 1 Series?
In that very Wheels article, the Focus was described as uninvolving; apparently it "never involves the driver like the original Focus". What did Ford get out of shifting the focus of its small car from being a driver's car (with excellent handling and sharp steering) to, well, a poor imitation of the Volkswagen Golf? At least Euro Ford lovers still have the Mondeo. Let's hope that all the goodwill built up by the current Mondeo (from 2007 onwards) isn't defenestrated with the arrival of the next Mondeo if Ford decides to capture the Camry market.
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #174
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The WHEELS comparison left a lot to be desired, hence the reason I read it while shopping in Woolworths and never bothered to buy it. Firstly, they compared a car that wasn't technically comparable, they admit to that, it should have been put up again the Golf GTD as it's a better match, with its sports suspension, more powerful engine and better equipment levels. But they did get some points right about the Focus IMHO.

Then again, I haven't looked at WHEELS since I canceled by subscription in 2006 as I find their reviews woeful. At the end of the day, people can say all they want, but if you like a car, and it makes you happy, evokes a bit of emotion, suits your needs, and gets you from A to B, what more can you ask?
Old 07-10-2011, 12:00 AM   #175
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Put my money where my mouth is today, and ordered a Focus Titanium 2.0L Petrol with the optional Sports Executive Pack in Moondust Silver. Expecting delivery either late December to mid January, hopefully. But they'll know more when the Satellite Navigation gets launched supposedly.

Very happy with Southern Cross Ford, and I'm over the moon with the price! Yippie!

Old 07-10-2011, 10:12 AM   #176
blatchie

pick mine up today

sports in ink blue with titanium tint

5 speed manual
Old 08-10-2011, 11:09 AM   #177
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What are your thoughts mate? You like it? Feel free to post up a few pictures!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #178
blatchie

Wow it this car a great ride. I need to return to School to operate all the toys on the dash however I'm sure I'll cope.