Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 24-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #31
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: LW Focus - any info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxj
Hi,

Test drove a Titanium petrol model on Saturday. A very quiet car but found it to be a bit sluggish during initial acceleration from traffic lights and when climbing hills.

Has anyone else experienced this? I found that I had to continue putting the transmission into sports mode to get any decent revs and acceleration.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from a 2.0 Litre engine, but saying this I find my Mazda 323 Astina which is automatic seems to have more power.

The dealer suggested that the car is still quite tight and will improve once it reaches over 1000kms. Is this true?

I'm looking at purchasing a "Frozen White" Titanium with the Sports Pack as my weekday car.

Cheers,

rxj.
Have you looked at the TDCi model? By all account, everyone says it's the better of the two available in the Titanium?
Old 27-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #32
rxj

I haven't been a fan of diesel cars previously and really haven't considered it for this purchase. All my current and previous cars have been petrol Ford/FPV turbos or V8s.

Although it does have a lot more torque it is nearly $4k more and noiser according to the ford dealer.

Cheers,

rxj.
rxj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #33
Squirrell
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxj
I haven't been a fan of diesel cars previously and really haven't considered it for this purchase. All my current and previous cars have been petrol Ford/FPV turbos or V8s.

Although it does have a lot more torque it is nearly $4k more and noiser according to the ford dealer.

Cheers,

rxj.
Yep has more torque and if your out side a little noisy but inside you cant hear a thing. I've had mine for 2 weeks now and loving it more every day.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:25 PM   #34
dburrast
Starter Motor

hi all
i have owned a lw trend 2l auto for about 5 weeks now.
3021ks on clock. still having problems with the gearbox being in too high a gear at lower revs when coasting then when accelerating it does not change down it labours the engine and vibrates until the revs pick up. the dealer recognises the problem but can do nothing to help and ford are no help either.
i also have another problem , when driving the car and after it warms up when turning a left hand corner there is a loud rattle cimming from the engine area. I can hear it with the windows up. the dealer has made another car in their yard do the same thing but once again connot locate or fix it.
i am now very frustrated with the car after being excited at firast (wish i hjad bought a mazda)
dburrast is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #35
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

keep at them until they fix it. If not, go through other channels.

is the rattle a clicking sound?

dad takes delivery of his LW Focus Sport tomorrow. He could have had an auto ages ago but was waiting for a 5 speed to be delivered. Haven't seen any others at all on carsales..
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #36
dburrast
Starter Motor

no it is a definite rattle. i am not going to let it lie
Old 11-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #37
blatchie

I have had no problems with this car at all .However I drive a manual car not the powershift.Mine is responsive and quick off the mark.

Last edited by blatchie; 11-10-2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Add pic
blatchie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #38
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blatchie
imageI have had no problems with this car at all .However I drive a manual car not the powershift.Mine is responsive and quick off the mark.
nice - that's a sport isn't it? so now i know of two manual sports in existence (aside from the test model that reviewers used a few months ago).
Old 12-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #39
blatchie

I ordered mine in August and it arrived at the dealer on wed 5/10. Picked it up on Friday and have not looked back since.Love it
Old 12-10-2011, 10:38 AM   #40
dburrast
Starter Motor

thanks for sufggestions i have not let this go. i rang ford and lodged a formal complaint. they will be ringing back on thursday. if i do not get a satifactory reply i will be taking it up the ladder until i have to go public.
they should not be aloud to get away with the dismissive attitude they are displaying.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:22 PM   #41
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Dad took delivery of his LW Focus Sport 5 speed manual today, here she is:

Last edited by Professor Farnsworth; 12-10-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #42
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So glad I went Moondust Silver now too. Thanks for the post, looks great! Hope he enjoys it
Old 12-10-2011, 06:44 PM   #43
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

yeah he's happy with it, doesn't like the indicator wand & wipers swapped position (coming from a BA) but i told him he'll get used to it quick enough. I personally prefer the indicators on the left. Kinda ironic that the 'Sport' model pretty much matches and outdoes the G6E in most features, being basically the "XR" and the Titanium being the luxo model. Nice car.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:58 PM   #44
blatchie

There is a demo manual at Adrian Brien Ford in Adelaide they liked mine so much they just had to register one for a demo.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:53 PM   #45
Pete A
Boss 260

That's true. You can change the transmission response but haven't tried it yet. Missus has had the Titanium for about 6 weeks. So far so good. Took it to Qld last week. Went like a dream. Takes a while for the auto to learn your driving style. After that, very good. Can't wait for the hot Turbo next year. Serious consideration to replace my FG6T. Need to consider smaller car with good grunt.

Last edited by Pete A; 12-10-2011 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Missing detail
Pete A is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #46
sysh
A few screw loose

Any idea why Ford decided not to badge the models up to distinguish from one another e.g. Sport or Titanium. Would be nice to strut that around, IMHO
sysh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #47
Aussie XB12SS
Buell Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysh
Any idea why Ford decided not to badge the models up to distinguish from one another e.g. Sport or Titanium. Would be nice to strut that around, IMHO
Saved me de badging it.
Harley Fat Bob
Aussie XB12SS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #48
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
no idea personally, i find it a bit odd too
Old 14-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #49
blatchie

Ok so the Brochure tells me that the Sports has Auto Wipers . How do you turn these on?

Last edited by blatchie; 14-10-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 14-10-2011, 09:10 PM   #50
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

is is the button on the end of the wiper stork? i haven't seen this car in person yet
Old 17-10-2011, 02:50 PM   #51
F6 Aimz

That's for the rear wiper isn't it? Mum's got a LW TDCI sport
F6 Aimz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #52
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Ok so the Brochure tells me that the Sports has Auto Wipers . How do you turn these on?
dad said move the wiper stork one click up and it will perform one wipe then stay in auto mode.
Old 18-10-2011, 08:11 AM   #53
blatchie

oh one click up .I thought that was inter. Ill give it a go
Old 19-10-2011, 03:21 PM   #54
sysh
A few screw loose

.. what do you reckon is the best colour for the LW. I'm leaning towards the Moondust Silver and Frozen White. Although the Ink Blue does look mean too
Old 19-10-2011, 04:02 PM   #55
F6 Aimz

Mum's Frozen White Sport looks sweet, the white brings out the lines of the car
Old 19-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #56
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anything bar the Mustard yellow...

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #57
sysh
A few screw loose

Yea, the Mustard Olive is a hit and miss for me. Okay, will compare both Silver/White again this weekend.

.. and mind me for asking, is the additional $3k worth plonking in to get the Sport over the Trend. I don't mind the specs of the latter, but I'm a little cheesed that they couldn't have the arm-rest across all models. Feels empty.
Old 19-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #58
F6 Aimz

Quote:
.. and mind me for asking, is the additional $3k worth plonking in to get the Sport over the Trend. I don't mind the specs of the latter, but I'm a little cheesed that they couldn't have the arm-rest across all models. Feels empty.
Probably not, but Mum liked the extras. She got a sweet driveaway deal anyway
Old 19-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #59
blatchie

Ink Blue is the best
Old 19-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #60
sysh
A few screw loose

Quote: