Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 14-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #121
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Re: New Focus On The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR4ORD

One other thing of interest you guys might want to know in regards to the iPod cable. Ford has the integrated usb/audio one for crazy money. My wife and I just went to Daiso (Japansese $2 shop in Richmond.. look it up) and bought a $2.80 ipod usb cable which actually has the same connectivity and doesn't need to be plugged in to the audio & usb port. It plays and displays the same and costs about $50 less!
Good info on the cable for under $3..
We plugged in a 16gb usb stick $18 full with her favorite music..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #122
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Back... man I feel like a stooge. Looking at the pre Nov cars I can see mine has a larger screen. Egg on face I walked away laughing at myself.

I guess easy done, not much difference in size.

You owe the guy a beer
especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #123
MR4ORD
Slow going

Johny I so don't owe them a beer. They pushed out my delivery date from 1 month to 3! and I still dont have the SD card for maps!!! lol
MR4ORD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #124
MR4ORD
Slow going

Just got my SD card today and had a look at the contents

Map date: SCCS-Vers 7.22 11-08-10

OLD OLD OLD!
Old 24-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #125
harveyr

My Mapping is ancient too. When and how do Ford update yhe mapping?
harveyr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2012, 07:35 AM   #126
MR4ORD
Slow going

When they get maps from Whereis (the company I work for!) but I imagine it takes time to put it all together in an image when they receive/request map updates. I've given the contents of my SD card to one of the guys here who works in the mapping business unit to see if they can put the latest maps onto it for me. I'll let you guys know how that goes ;)
Old 26-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #127
Foconatic

Quote:
When they get maps from Whereis (the company I work for!) but I imagine it takes time to put it all together in an image when they receive/request map updates. I've given the contents of my SD card to one of the guys here who works in the mapping business unit to see if they can put the latest maps onto it for me. I'll let you guys know how that goes ;)
Yes please do let us know.
Foconatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 12:21 AM   #128
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Just got my SD card today and had a look at the contents

Map date: SCCS-Vers 7.22 11-08-10

OLD OLD OLD!
That's poor. Can't be that out of date, date could be wrong.
especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #129
MR4ORD
Slow going

johnydep believe it mate. Even my mate in the mapping unit said "don't expect your maps to be up to date!"