Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #31
Rodge
Banned

Default Re: Focus Titanium vs Cruze SRi-V

Doesn't the new Focus Titanium get adaptive cruise control and the fancy self parking technology ? Looks like a top pick in the small car segment to me.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #32
warpsp33d

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep
Cheers. Taking the Titanium for the weekend, this will be the car we get if all goes well. Optioned with the Sport wheels.
Please post your thoughts back, very interested to hear.

I'm in the market for a Titanium TDCi Sedan with Sports Exec pack. I'm trying to hang out till production moves to Thailand in the hopes that:

(a) they add the 8' touch screen,
(b) they fix the turning circle
(c) offer 17's instead of 18's and
(d) swap the frigging indicator and windscreen wiper stalks around to where they should be!
warpsp33d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #33
Nichol

I really don't know if they'll add the 8' touch screen when the production shifts to thailand. I don't think they'll switch the indicator and wipers stalks around aswell - possibly to keep the european in it. When production of the Fiesta moved to Thailand, they didn't switch it around which makes me think they won't do it for the focus.
This might not help alot, but this is what was said in an article about the focus production shifting to Thailand.
"The move is likely to be accompanied by a small specification upgrade for selected models rather than a price reduction."

Not too sure what models will get the spec upgrade. They might add the convenience pack as standard on the trend models or even make some models to have a manual transmission aswell as the auto.
Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #34
warpsp33d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichol
I really don't know if they'll add the 8' touch screen when the production shifts to thailand. I don't think they'll switch the indicator and wipers stalks around aswell - possibly to keep the european in it. When production of the Fiesta moved to Thailand, they didn't switch it around which makes me think they won't do it for the focus.
This might not help alot, but this is what was said in an article about the focus production shifting to Thailand.
"The move is likely to be accompanied by a small specification upgrade for selected models rather than a price reduction."
The 8' touch screen is definitely coming this year, just a question of when.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/107709/f...12-ford-focus/

They already have it in the U.S. so it's hardly much of a re-engineering effort.

The switch to Thailand would be the logical change point, unless they wait till they announce the 2013 model.

That could also be classed as being an increase in specifications rather than a price reduction.

The indicator thing is wishful thinking... I doubt they'll change it too, but I can live in hope. It's such a cop out not swapping it over. IMHO ADR should force all manufacturers to oblige.
warpsp33d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2012, 12:34 AM   #35
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpsp33d
Please post your thoughts back, very interested to hear.

I'm in the market for a Titanium TDCi Sedan with Sports Exec pack. I'm trying to hang out till production moves to Thailand in the hopes that:

(a) they add the 8' touch screen,
(b) they fix the turning circle
(c) offer 17's instead of 18's and
(d) swap the frigging indicator and windscreen wiper stalks around to where they should be!
I've also thought about waiting, but how long? My wife told me tonight that she's over it, thaat means I'll probably be ordering it in the next couple of weeks

Not sure it's possible to fix the turning circle without major modifications.
especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2012, 03:54 AM   #36
1TUFFUTE
Banned

ive read evry comparo under the sun and the cruize is nearly a whole gen behind the ford. On a side note my wife has both cars at her work and all the chics love the focus styling as the cruize apparently has horrible interior compared..but the biggest complaint they made was the vision out the back and sides...and they all hate it....go figure.Its the second least driven car behind (the dangerously quiet prius). I love hearing all these office girls talking car shop...with no respect to the brands..haha its sooo funny.
Oh and im sure the dealers not pushing black cars is purely due to the fact that they mark and dirty up alot faster. I have a friend with a black 2010 focus who is not a car buff by any means...and its rooted already....
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #37
ConradP

[QUOTE=1TUFFUTEOh and im sure the dealers not pushing black cars is purely due to the fact that they mark and dirty up alot faster. I have a friend with a black 2010 focus who is not a car buff by any means...and its rooted already....[/QUOTE]

I intended on getting mine in black, but the dealer, who I also personally know said not to get it so I listened, and I'm more happy with this.
Old 20-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #38
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
..but the biggest complaint they made was the vision out the back and sides...and they all hate it....go figure.....
It's true, my wife and I noticed straight away. The North American reviews have also noticed, but their version gets 'blind spot' mirror inserts on both side mirrors.

A lot of interesting reviews on You Tube; just type in 2012 Ford Focus.

Old 20-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #39
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
It's true, my wife and I noticed straight away. The North American reviews have also noticed, but their version gets 'blind spot' mirror inserts on both side mirrors.

A lot of interesting reviews on You Tube; just type in 2012 Ford Focus.
i havent driven the petrol turbo cruze, only the diesel's...best choice.
and the 6 speed auto is a clutch to clutch unit,, a joint venture with GMNA and FORD to spread the development cost.
burnz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #40
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
and the 6 speed auto is a clutch to clutch unit,, a joint venture with GMNA and FORD to spread the development cost.
Strange that Holden & Chevrolet don't push that in their advertising like Ford and VW do.

The petrol Cruze uses a full Automatic, designed by their GM division; Hydramatic - the 6T40

Actually, while typing this I just remembered that I saw the specs for the Cruze transmission (maybe the GMH sales brochure), all the Autos are a Hydramatic 6t4? in either 40 or 45 and possibly a third one, the last two digits indicates different codes for different gear ratios.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc...vl-x-A&cad=rja

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_6T40_transmission

Unless GM have changed very recently, I think they're still using the full auto trans.

Old 20-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #41
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
at first I thought you meant the dual clutch manual/auto trans, I now think I know what you mean; the auto trans uses clutch packs only for gear changes, rather than the clutch and band process. If so, this has been a GM Hydramatic and Aisan Warner method for years.

Good on Ford and GM for working together.

Old 20-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #42
burnz
VFII SS UTE

http://www.autotrends.org/2008/04/23/transmissions/
Quote:
General Motors and Ford teamed up a few years back to begin building a six-speed automatic transmission, a project neither automaker could tackle individually. By sharing costs, each automaker has been able to provide an important engineering component to keep pace with the competition.
it probably the only way to beat the competition, pool resources..
Old 20-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #43
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Strange that Holden & Chevrolet don't push that in their advertising like Ford and VW do.

The petrol Cruze uses a full Automatic, designed by their GM division; Hydramatic - the 6T40

Actually, while typing this I just remembered that I saw the specs for the Cruze transmission (maybe the GMH sales brochure), all the Autos are a Hydramatic 6t4? in either 40 or 45 and possibly a third one, the last two digits indicates different codes for different gear ratios.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc...vl-x-A&cad=rja

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_6T40_transmission

Unless GM have changed very recently, I think they're still using the full auto trans.
the last two digits typicly designates torque limit ..
4L60= 4 speed logitudanal 600nm
6T45= 6 speed transverse 450nm
Old 21-01-2012, 02:43 AM   #44
SaCrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge
Doesn't the new Focus Titanium get adaptive cruise control and the fancy self parking technology ? Looks like a top pick in the small car segment to me.
Adaptive cruise is an extra pack with sunroof & turning lights etc .
I got it on mine ! Don't think I would buy another car without it ! It's my favorite bit of tech on the car !
SaCrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #45
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What is adaptive cruise?
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #46
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino
What is adaptive cruise?
Uses a radar based system to detect vehicles in front, then maintains a safe distance between you and the other vehicle; no having to apply brakes.

Old 21-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #47
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looked at a Panther Black Focus, mmmmmm very nice. But damn it would be a lot of work to keep it looking so nice.

Swaying towards another colour. Silver has always been a favourite of ours, but I don't like the Focus's "Moondust Silver" it's too light a silver.

We've given up on our usual dealer; Stillwell Ford Medindie. Purchased our Territory Ghia new from them with options, and this time around they miss out due to attitude issues (also still waiting for a promised phone call).

www.maughanthiem.com.au are very nice to deal with, and we will be buying from them.

Edit: Grammar

Last edited by johnydep; 21-01-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 21-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #48
wombat66

We got Ink Blue. Looks great in the sunshine.
wombat66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #49
jjw