Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-03-2005, 03:15 PM   #1
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Devastated

: This morning on the way to work the passenger side rear wheel and surrounding panels made heavy contact with a tree : Going about 45 around a corner on David Hill road in Monbulk outside rear went just far enough to drop 200mm off the asphalt into mud, car was sidways straight away, then the tree came up hard and fast.
Police attended, no action will be taken, apparently it is a notorious corner - 5 barkless trees attest to that. This I was unaware of and had only tried going that way to work today, great call.
So now I wait for RACV and my panelshop to dicide if it is worth repairing. Costs will be too much for me either way and I will have to ask for help which I hate.

Anyway hope all your days have turned out better than mine.
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2005, 03:24 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Bugger, hope it gets repaired, finding another car is a big pain let alone when you dont want to.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2005, 03:36 PM   #3
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Stooged majorly. Too nice a car to see written off. All the best of luck.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:39 PM   #4
neb
hibernating

damn that sucks hope it all works out ok
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2005, 04:02 PM   #5
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

I know you dont wanna hear it mate, but its better to lose the car and walk away rather then lose the car and leave in an ambulance. Hope it all turns out better for ya.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2005, 04:10 PM   #6
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Any prang you walk away from is a good one.
Don't worry it will work out.
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2005, 04:32 PM   #7
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it only saves you once a year...

However if it doesn't 3 times in 18 months give up. I'm not an idiot, I don't drive stupidly yet this shit happens and always at the worste time. I grow rather tired of it and will now no longer be able to afford insurance on my car even if it is fixed. I don't know why I bother.

Will know the true extent of the dammage tomorrow.
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:34 PM   #8
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Time to trade the car in on a small front wheel drive echo, you'll never get sideways by accident again!
Old 08-03-2005, 04:44 PM   #9
au-steve
fully *** turboooo

Quote:
Time to trade the car in on a small front wheel drive echo, you'll never get sideways by accident again!
no, life isn't over yet! dont do it!
au-steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2005, 05:18 PM   #10
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
OUCH, that's just mean. I think an echo may still be too much for me to handle :
Old 08-03-2005, 06:07 PM   #11
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Sorry to hear about the Car. Hopefully it can be fixed. As long as you are okay mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2005, 06:21 PM   #12
b2tf
not here much anymore

I always hate to hear things like this, and i agree with you about insurance. Unfortunately, it's a neccesary evil, and when it bites, it bites hard. Im in the same boat as you - cant afford to insure the car i want (XR6) due to an accident that was not entirely my fault, but being new to it all i ended up being painted out to be at fault and thus it stuck, and my premiums rose.

As has been said tho - better to have bunged up a car than yourself. Its always a bastard of a thing to happen, however it will get better, always does.

Time to look at a smaller version of the Blue Oval's Finest, and work on getting that insurance rating back up to where it should be.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:47 PM   #13
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like the Ghia will survive. Was informed the car would not have made it off the truck if it was going to be written off.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:56 PM   #14
b2tf
not here much anymore

Thats great to hear, but as i say to everyone who's needing smash repairs - watch the repairer like a hawk, check it, check it and check it again before you sign off on it, and be VERY particular about what parts get used and what gets done.

I have been burned because i didnt do that, id hate to see it happen to anyone else.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:39 AM   #15
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Lucky your ok manAccidents suck!! Hope your car is mickey mouse again soon.
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2005, 12:59 AM   #16
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Sad to hear the news about the car but at least you're ok. Thats the main thing. You can always replace the car if it ever came to that. Hope things work out for you.

Quote:
Thats great to hear, but as i say to everyone who's needing smash repairs - watch the repairer like a hawk, check it, check it and check it again before you sign off on it, and be VERY particular about what parts get used and what gets done.

I have been burned because i didnt do that, id hate to see it happen to anyone else.
Not all repairers are the devil incarnate. I'm lucky enough to have one that is insurance approved and pretty good too. Just do the ring around and see who you're comfortable with and try and get some feedback first.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2005, 01:06 AM   #17
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont99
OUCH, that's just mean. I think an echo may still be too much for me to handle :
Dont loose your confidence this stuff hurt, just lucky your ok..!! thats what really important. Echo na buggar that, you be back soon enough..
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2005, 01:27 AM   #18
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura

My oldest lad is Panel Beater. The shops are tied by the insurance companies on costs a lot of the time. So it might lead to cost cutting on some parts.(eg cheaper imported or good secondhand )
But what ****es him of is someone you treats their car like a toilet inside with crapp everywere with heaps of scracthes on the piant work and hardly washes the car but becames a scientist on paint finishes & complains of a minute dust spec in the paint after the car has been fixed and detailed for them.
But most insurance companies will take a genuine complaint back to have the shop fix it if it was on the quote or poor repair done on the car. But a wise person would do a good check on the repair before signing anything

buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2005, 02:06 AM   #19
b2tf
not here much anymore

yep, dont get me wrong - i wasnt meaning to imply all repairers are dodgy buggers, all i meant was it is always a good idea to pay close attention to the finish and quality of the work being done.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:29 AM   #20
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm not at all worried about the quality of repair or parts used. I have been to Martin's Panelmasters before with my previous car and the it drove better after it had been there. Would be difficult to check on some of the repairs anyway as I wouldn't know what I was looking at with the suspension mounts etc.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:52 AM   #21
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Sad to here that the car is damaged but at least u were coverd. I did a similar thing on similar roads to my AU without being coverd..I'm still havn't recoverd the debt i put myself into to fix it. Don't give up
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2005, 12:03 PM   #22
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Won't be giving up on this one, I like the Ghia too much for that. It just chucks all the plans so far back it's depressing. If I can't afford insurance I will just have to get a shitter to drive around till I can. The Ghia stays, no matter what. That's actually not such a bad idea *starts looking for said shitter*.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:03 AM   #23
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Yeah i know what u maen by it stuffing up all the plans u had for the car I have lost atleast a year and now with a baby not far away that'll slow things right down
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2005, 03:13 PM   #24
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A couple of the assessment shots :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mvc-005s.jpg (41.2 KB, 251 views)
File Type: jpg Mvc-017s.jpg (40.8 KB, 238 views)
Old 11-03-2005, 03:52 PM   #25
Cheahman
BOSS 260

Im suprised none of the windows smashed.

BA XR8
EB XR8
Cheahman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2005, 04:01 PM   #26
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cause it's super strong AU glass :P I was quite surprised too.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:02 PM   #27
Kryton

sad to say it but that will probably be written off. if the roof is buckled in anyway then definately kiss it good bye.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2005, 04:06 PM   #28
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope it can be saved... If not you could still sell a few parts off it. I would be interested in the interior, but i hope it doesnt get to that point.

Chin up, life goes on.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:27 PM   #29
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Basically everything that is not damaged goes into another shell if it is written off. Possibly get a pov pack XR8 and put all the Ghia goodness into it. Don't know.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:50 PM   #30
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
sad to say it but that will probably be written off. if the roof is buckled in anyway then definately kiss it good bye.
The roof seemed ok, however there is rippling in the boot sill and other very concerning stuff. :(