Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 23-06-2010, 07:52 PM   #91
warren77

Yes they have a battery.
As it gets low, the HMI tells you it is low.
I occasionally get key not detected but the car still starts.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2010, 10:04 PM   #92
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hate to say this but why not try TodayTonight or A Current Affair JMHO

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #93
Timf350
Starter Motor

We are thinking of buying a XR5 MB Mondeo. After reading this thread I am having second thoughts. How often does this problem happen ? Has any one come up with a fix. Can I take the car to some one to prevent this happening to us? We live in country NSW and if we have to go to a Sydney I would be OK with that 3.5 hrs away. As much as we like the car if I told her about this problem she and I would not be into taking a chance with what is otherwise a good car IMO.Can anyone help with some information on this.
Timf350 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #94
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timf350
We are thinking of buying a XR5 MB Mondeo. After reading this thread I am having second thoughts. How often does this problem happen ? Has any one come up with a fix. Can I take the car to some one to prevent this happening to us? We live in country NSW and if we have to go to a Sydney I would be OK with that 3.5 hrs away. As much as we like the car if I told her about this problem she and I would not be into taking a chance with what is otherwise a good car IMO.Can anyone help with some information on this.
Forums such as this are a place to discuss issues. People search issues out and if they haven't had an issue they probably won't search for an issue they haven't had. Or they are like you and just doing some research.

I've had a flat battery in my Mondeo, which meant a trip to the dealer on the back of a truck and two days away. It can happen, but others had a flat battery and didn't require the trip I had to do.

I don't think that something might happen to you should put off a purchase. It's been five months since the last post (and over two since the first), so it isn't something that's happening and being reported on here that often. I'll probably be proved wrong.

$0.02
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 01:02 PM   #95
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

The MA's had a few electrical niggles but I haven’t heard of any MB's having the problem. My BCM (body control module) failed at about 3 months old, my dealer picked the car up on a tow truck, gave me a car to drive while they fixed mine, had it back 24 hours later, 70,000 k's later and I haven’t had an ounce of trouble with the car since.
Great car, mines up for replacement mid next year and I will be sad to see it go.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #96
ian b

My MA died after about 5 weeks with the non starting issue, which took 3 weeks to fix as the parts were not in the country. This was April 2008 so the car was new to the country which maybe explains the lack of parts, although the dealer was not good at dealing with the issue.

Once fixed everything ran like clockwork for 43000k until I upgraded to an MB last month.

One possible solution raised at the time was that mobile phone/key fob proximity could cause problems.

Suggest that you don't hang about if you want an XR5 as there are not that many left, and not all colours are available.
Old 23-11-2010, 07:26 AM   #97
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Ian interesting re the closeness of the key and mobile.
I also heard that those anti theft things in the doors of shops can play with cars.
Who knows.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #98
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I don't think that something might happen to you should put off a purchase. It's been five months since the last post (and over two since the first), so it isn't something that's happening and being reported on here that often.
sound advice you gave there dusty1... my MB has 25,000km on the clock and i have had no issues other than minor cosmetic ones...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post