Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 29-12-2007, 08:50 AM   #61
monkeyboy666

Hi Superoo,

The Penrith Ford dealer has a Blue Ambition hatch parked out the front - sure is an eye-catching colour, really stunning. I've tried to attach a pic for you. MY dealer said mine would be at their yard on Christmas day (yeah right!) so I wasn't surprised when I dropped in there yesterday (28th) to get told that it would be 'any day now'.

I was on the train yesterday - the line runs behind the huge vehicle transport distribution centre at Minto, Every imported car in NSW goes there on arrival before delivery to the dealerships. Theres acres and acres of cars and vans... Closest to the train line was a row of Mondeos (out in the open, NOT under the hail-proof cover :evil3: ). I guess mine is there somewhere...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image025.jpg (114.6 KB, 112 views)
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2007, 11:15 AM   #62
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i just had a bit of a look at the mondeo on ford.au looks like a keeper ,lots of wizz bang gadgets too, did you guys see the you tube 5 gear link worth a look if you havent, i like the remote start feature on the xr5 in particular , it would be nice to hop into the car with the aircon going after its been sitting in 30/40 celcius all day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2a2JerrjOI
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2007, 10:18 PM   #63
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Thanks for the pic monkeyboy. I've seen a couple of other pics of the colour but its often hard to judge until you see one in the flesh.

On another issue, as this is my first diesel, I assume the usual running in procedures still hold true? Don't cane it but don't baby it either etc? Anyone know any different?
Old 30-12-2007, 09:26 AM   #64
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superoo
Thanks for the pic monkeyboy. I've seen a couple of other pics of the colour but its often hard to judge until you see one in the flesh.

On another issue, as this is my first diesel, I assume the usual running in procedures still hold true? Don't cane it but don't baby it either etc? Anyone know any different?
Drive it like a normal car. The Auto in the Diesel is a pearler, so just drive it normally. Diesels (as you will know) don't rev as high, but they make their power lower. It might require some adjustment to your driving style, but once you are comfortable with it, you will wonder how people drive breathless Petrols.

It is really hard to cane a Diesel. I know for a fact my Patrol wouldn't get to the 5200 Red line. It would run out of puff. Having only driven one Mondeo Diesel, I would imagine the motor in it would be similar.

Andrew.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2007, 11:14 AM   #65
Turbodiesel
Torquer

Try to vary the revs every now and then, I did mostly motorway cruising when my Focus was new but I'd occasionly drop a gear and rev it out a bit.

Surprisingly the engine doesn't mind a few revs, I'm not sure how it behaves with an auto but it has plenty of top end grunt. The fuel economy will settle within the first 5000km too

I love the turbo whistle when you give it some, can you hear it at all in the Mondeo?
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2007, 03:25 AM   #66
christo_fiesta

Hey guys,

Sorry to jump in out of no-where..but I test drove a few Focus TDCI's over the weekend, and found the same thing...you really need to adjust your driving style to take advantage of the engine's sweet spots in the rev ranges.

The new diesel engines are great, in my opinion it actually felt alot more fun and responsive to drive than the diesel Golfs i drove.

Now I am very happy..ended up purchasing a Focus TDCI privately with 2,600 kms on it

I cant wait to start collect it at the end of Jan to start driving it !!
christo_fiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2007, 10:32 AM   #67
Turbodiesel
Torquer

Quote:
Originally Posted by christo_fiesta
Hey guys,

Sorry to jump in out of no-where..but I test drove a few Focus TDCI's over the weekend, and found the same thing...you really need to adjust your driving style to take advantage of the engine's sweet spots in the rev ranges.

The new diesel engines are great, in my opinion it actually felt alot more fun and responsive to drive than the diesel Golfs i drove.

Now I am very happy..ended up purchasing a Focus TDCI privately with 2,600 kms on it

I cant wait to start collect it at the end of Jan to start driving it !!
Hey congratulations, excellent choice you will love the car.

Feel free to share your experiences in this thread:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...&goto=lastpost
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #68
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Spoke to my dealer today. Mine is at the dealership, should be able to get it on Friday morning or Thursday afternoon. Been a long wait since 3 November. Pretty hard to get by without wheels too. All about to end. Have had a Blue Ambition Ford Motor Co demo for the last few weeks (rego VAB 820 - it's been in pictures), and I got over 500 Kms in a combination of city/highway over Xmas. On the highway drops to under 7 ltrs, city about 8. I was expecting between 7.9 and 8.1, I reckon I'll get this too. I filled it up on 19/12, and had to put $10 in it on 28/12, just to get me around until mine comes in. At $1.45 a litre for diesel here in Melb, you'd want it to go a long way.
Pretty happy with the Blue Ambition, now just can't wait for mine. I'll post pictures, if not here then on my Flickr page.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2008, 11:00 PM   #69
jared79
Sock Puppets

This is to everyone that has one, what I am trying to find out is if I plug my iPod into the AUX port, can I control the tracks or pause with the HMI. I can't find anything about it anywhere. It's seems silly that I have to put my iPod into the glove box and thats it. If I want to change something I have to pull over and take it out of the glove box.

Can anyone shed light on this. And Dusty1, congrats mate. Let us know how it goes.
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 12:43 AM   #70
Richmalbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Very nice. Don't mind the look of those mondeo's. I think we will see a small group of people move from falcon to Mondeo.
More than a small group I fear. I think the Mondeo is a far bigger threat to the Falcon's future than any Holden ever has been.
Richmalbill is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 01:38 AM   #71
TheColonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared79
This is to everyone that has one, what I am trying to find out is if I plug my iPod into the AUX port, can I control the tracks or pause with the HMI. I can't find anything about it anywhere. It's seems silly that I have to put my iPod into the glove box and thats it. If I want to change something I have to pull over and take it out of the glove box.

Can anyone shed light on this. And Dusty1, congrats mate. Let us know how it goes.
Pretty sure it's just an AUX audio input in there, dunno why they call in an Ipod connector when it's just a stereo pair.... feel free to correct me if i am wrong...
Old 03-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #72
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:

In the Ford demo I've got at the moment, all the iPod socket does is act as an aux input. You still need to use the control on the iPod to change songs etc. They sell a cable for it through the dealers, but I got one from an hi-fi store for about $7. All it is is a lead with a male plug on either end. Nothing too fancy. If you get it long enough, it is best to leave the iPod outside the glove box near where the seat heaters are. Also, I found the volume on the stereo needed to be right up too, as there wasn't a lot of sound coming out of the iPod at 60-70% of volume. I actually found my iTrip tuned to 99.9 FM gave a better sound than the aux input.

On my Mondeo, it should be ready today, or tomorrow. I purchased the leather protection as an option, so that should take a day or so. The dealer is also most likely going to throw in the iPod cable (fat lot of good that will do), a tow bar, bonnet protector and rear scuff thing to go over the rear bumper when the hatch is up. I've already found that I need to get up to the bumper in order to get anything out of the hatch, so this is one accessory anyone buying the hatch should look into. http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/ContentServer?cid=1178823559055&pagename=FOA%2FDFY Page%2FDefault1024&c=DFYPage
Old 03-01-2008, 08:42 PM   #73
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Thanks for the tip Dusty1.
My car will be ready next Tuesday but now I think I'll add the scuff guard for the hatch. Only needs to save one scratch and it has paid for itself. Getting a window tint done and will be applying my own form of paint/leather protection. Can hear the wife screaming now....
Old 03-01-2008, 10:32 PM   #74
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Thumbs up

Arrived back in Brisbane today after a road trip to Vic for Xmas and am yet to see a Mondeo on the road.

Dealer has advised that mine, TDCi in Frozen White with leather, sunroof and bluetooth, will be ready for delivery either late tomorrow or early next week.

Euro plates have been confirmed.
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 10:19 AM   #75
monkeyboy666

Mine arrived at the dealers yesterday, after sitting in the hot paddock at Minto that is the imported vehicle transport distribution centre for the last 10 days...

Currently its at the window tinters, then off to the paint protection people so it will be ready for me next Tuesday, just like every one elses seems to be.
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 04:44 PM   #76
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Here it is

Just picked the new car up at 1500 this afternoon. Can't figure out how to load up photos, but if you go to the below, you'll see them.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theworl...7603630052439/
Old 04-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #77
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthxr6t
We ordered the Mondeo XR5 in white with sun roof and blue tooth and we have to wait till May 08 till we get it as we are the first in the country to order that combo :

But you get that i spose
If you're interested the dealer where I got mine from has a blue XR5 in the showroom. It hasn't been sold. Looks good.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:26 PM   #78
bearass
FG XR8

[QUOTE=jared79]Well I spoke to my dealer on Monday and he said it's coming in on the 20th of Jan for me.

Do you have anymore on when yours arrives, it seems that we both ordered ours around the same time?
Old 04-01-2008, 10:44 PM   #79
FRIKA
FRIKA

Im lookimg at purchasing the turbo. for those that have purchased one did you have any luck on reducing cost ie negotiating. dealer said no as they are new.???????????????????
Old 04-01-2008, 11:45 PM   #80
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIKA
Im lookimg at purchasing the turbo. for those that have purchased one did you have any luck on reducing cost ie negotiating. dealer said no as they are new.???????????????????
I think you will struggle to do much in terms of pricing - especially on the XR5 turbo. You should be able to get a few small freebies thrown in but that would be about it for now. It's pretty much the same with most new models and with some of the quoted wait times, I don't think there is much incentive for the dealers to move. You may have more luck around March once the new Mazda6 is released.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:24 AM   #81
jared79
Sock Puppets

[QUOTE=bearass]
Quote:
Well I spoke to my dealer on Monday and he said it's coming in on the 20th of Jan for me.

Do you have anymore on when yours arrives, it seems that we both ordered ours around the same time?
I went and saw him yesterday to ask about my iPod question and he still said the 20th. I also am getting tinting done and the paint/upholstery treated. So I expect it a little after that. He did say it would only take a day or so to do those extras. I tell you what, it's killing me. I have a brochure and it's getting all ratty and worn out from me looking at it all the time. I have even put a count down on my Facebook page. My wife thinks I am crazy.

Did everyone see that the UK show Top Gear gave the new Mondeo 'Car of the Year' which blew me away as they get to drive Lambo's and BMW etc. I am so glad that I choose it now. I was so close to getting a Falcon.

On the iPod thing, some good news (maybe). They said the may be an actual proper iPod connector down the track that can be controlled by the head unit. They rang Ford spare parts and they said there isn't one in the system yet. Now I know that doesn't say that there will be one for sure. But the guy said he expects one. So, the AUX will do for now, and we can hope that they will release one soon. Please!!

Last edited by jared79; 05-01-2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:33 AM   #82
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Just picked the new car up at 1500 this afternoon. Can't figure out how to load up photos, but if you go to the below, you'll see them.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theworl...7603630052439/

Looks great dusty, very nice and I think I speak for everyone here who doesn't has theirs yet in saying Congratulations and we are so Jealous.

How did you get the yellow on red in the display. I thought it was red on black?

I so wish they gave the option to upgrade to the colour display for the Zetec and TDCi, like they do in the UK.
Hopefully some aftermarket mob will start installing them. Fingers crossed.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:31 AM   #83
jared79
Sock Puppets

Oh and by the way guys, I was bored so I put together a little web page about the coming purchase of my Mondeo. You can check it out here http://web.mac.com/jared79/The_New_M...n/Welcome.html

I also (time permitting) plan to put together a little mini Doco about my purchase of my new car. It may not happen as I pretty busy, but my brother and I have been looking for something to make a doco on. So why not this. I will let you all know if we go ahead with it.

Cheers,
Old 05-01-2008, 04:43 AM   #84
bearass
FG XR8

Quote:

No luck from me $41990 + on roads and bluetooth etc for the same reason that they were new - if people get them cheaper than goodluck to them.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:53 PM   #85
ajay1940

Quote:
No luck for me. Which isn't surprising really as demand exceeds supply at the moment. All Mondeos come off a single production line in Belgium, and supply is tight everywhere.
ajay1940 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2008, 01:54 PM   #86
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

Has anyone had the Turbo Diesel long enough to comment on the fuel efficiency? Any while i'm at it anyone with the petrol economy? Are they close to whats written on the windscreen???
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2008, 03:47 PM   #87
FRIKA
FRIKA

Well its all signed sealed and now await delivery of a 08 Mondeo Xr5. Purchased this morning and I must be one of the lucky ones who recieved discount on the motor vehicle. not too much but still something. only option i chose was blue tooth. colour stardust silver.

3 weeks til delivery. gonna be hard to adapt to after owing a AU xr8 but im sure ill manage.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:04 PM   #88
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well its all signed sealed and now await delivery of a 08 Mondeo Xr5. Purchased this morning and I must be one of the lucky ones who recieved discount on the motor vehicle. not too much but still something. only option i chose was blue tooth. colour stardust silver.

3 weeks til delivery. gonna be hard to adapt to after owing a AU xr8 but im sure ill manage.
Good stuff! Be sure to post few pics when you get it
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2008, 04:32 PM   #89
FRIKA
FRIKA

no worries at all
Old 05-01-2008, 05:04 PM   #90
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:

3 weeks, dang. How did you get yours so quick? Must have been one in the country. Mine is taking a total of about 7-8 weeks. Anyway, enjoy your purchase.