Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 28-03-2016, 04:44 PM   #61
bundybear75

Default Re: My 2011 MC Ford Mondeo Titanium Wagon Tdci

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion65 View Post
My VY Berlina radio stays on, with the keys removed, until the door is opened.
Not that hard for Ford to do really!!

Good tips on cruise control.

Any tips on getting mine away from my wife???
My MC LX wagon radio stays on until the drivers door is opened, even with keys removed
bundybear75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-03-2016, 04:47 PM   #62
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So only an issue with the Titanium, then.
Moondust silver
2016 Focus Trend, 1.5ecoboost, 6sp manual.
Frozen white

Previous
2004 Berlina Wagon (LS1) Vespers Blue
1995 Camry 2.2, white
1971 Ford Fairmont wagon 302w, C4 Polar white
1971 TC Cortina, 2L 4sp, Ermine white
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2016, 08:02 PM   #63
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Its interesting comparing the Mondeo to the conceptually similar Falcon and the differences between the Euro and Aussie large Fords.

Minor details like hidden windscreen washer jets, gas struts for the bonnet, "set point cruise control", 4 and 8 way powered seats, market suitable climate control and modern infotainment are all things that I feel are bizarre admissions on the Mondeo when considering its much larger development budget.
Thanks mate, yeah your spot on! Little things like these don't take much to finalise a great package.

Think I've read somewhere perhaps some of these additions were left off due to Falcon still running and not wanting to steal too many sales from the Aussie model?
Old 28-03-2016, 08:09 PM   #64
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
2. "Global Closing" press and hold the lock button, all windows / sunroof will close. Or press and hold un-lock button and they will all open...
7. Press the "RES" button and you can increase the increments by 1km/h. So you can set at 100km/h and then increase to 103km/h for example by tapping RES 3 times.
8. As mentioned before, you have Auto High Beams, does this not help you in the darker areas? Also I believe this is an EU regulation regarding the operation of Fog Lights. They should always be independent (switched) and will not come on in AUTO mode (unless you manually press the button).
2. GC, I guess I'm still used to the Territory which has a timer for you to close any window.
7. Awesome thanks, tried this today and it works a treat!
8. I still need to play/experiment with this. I travel at low speeds when most need the light, therefore Auto High Beams are sometimes cancel due to 40km/h speed limit. I still need to adjust sensitivity I think.
Old 28-03-2016, 08:11 PM   #65
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondaveo View Post
I think the root problem here is the keyless starter button. With a keyed ignition switch, you have the choice of switch positions for Off, Accessory and Ignition/Engine On - so you can turn engine off, but stop at Accessory to keep radio on.

But with the keyless start button, your only options are press-on and press-off; and press-off from engine running (essentially) turns the whole car off. I don't know if there's any special combo with the button to go from engine running straight to Accessory (as it does when you press-on without foot on brake)? Or if the default behavior of the head unit could be changed (it could stay on for an hour, or being a little more clever, until a door is opened or the car locked)?

He means that he turns the fog lights on with the manual switch, and expects they will still be in the 'on' setting the next time he starts the car. Even though it's a manual switch, the operation is more like a 'soft' switch in that it resets itself.

Thank you for this tip!
Thanks mate, every thing you have said here is spot on.
Old 28-03-2016, 08:19 PM   #66
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6 View Post
Wow, that's a long list! You do have to remember that the Mk 4 Mondeo was released in Europe in 2007, so it actually quite an old design now.

8. That's a Euro requirement. Does that switch also turn on the rear fog lights?

9. That's a diesel thing. I understand the cold climate models have an electric heater, but mine definitely doesn't. At least you have electric seats!

10. At first I was disappointed that my runout MB didn't have the Powershift. But not any more! I really don't mind the higher fuel consumption during city driving as a trade off for the smoothness.

So that makes it poverty pack MB 5, Titanium 0! But then there are all the toys ...
Ha ha, we'll let you get away with that one for now!

8. Separate switch for rear fogs
9. I reckon your spot on with being Diesel, will have to look into this additional electric heater, to boost temps quicker I presume?
10. Don't put the Wet PowerShift down that quick. Sooo nice to drive (at speed that is!)
Old 28-03-2016, 08:25 PM   #67
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundybear75 View Post
My MC LX wagon radio stays on until the drivers door is opened, even with keys removed
That would be nice, would be very happy with that.
Although the lack of a key is the missing ingredient I reckon.
Old 28-03-2016, 09:07 PM   #68
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

Well took the family for a good drive to Anglers Reach (Adaminaby, Snowy Mountains) to catch up with some other family members for Sunday/Monday Easter.

Was my first real drive of the car through decent twisty roads at speed. We covered about 400km for the total travel back and forth. The car didn't miss a beat and performed beautifully through the Snowy Mountains Highway. The Titanium hugged the corners and road superbly with 2 adults and 2 kids aboard, plus a boot full of luggage.

A few things which shone above all were,
The PowerShift Manual. This is where I believe these box's were made for. In fact in both manual and auto mode the shifting was absolutely sublime and felt so much like a drivers car, it is so well packaged coupled with the sports suspension for these types of roads. One of the things on these box's which I reckon gets overlooked is the down shifting, Wow it really knows what's going on and shifts down through the six gears for sweeping bends, corners and fast approaching intersections. Does it so well it brings a smile to my face all the time, so well tuned!

Another is the Adaptive Cruise Control, how good is this piece of engineering and so safe it's not funny. Using it amongst some minor traffic at 100km/h on the way down was faultless, and coming through 60km/h towns it slowed up beautifully by itself utilising some firm braking on it's own which was so smooth and unobtrusive (tested whilst following a car in front obviously) and sped back up to speed through the other side back up to 100km/h. This coupled with the lane departure works hand in hand so well I thought.

And one of the best traits for this Mondeo compared to my old AWD Territory was the so little fuel used again. Still trying to get used to it! I had done around 500km around town previously which was showing a half tank remaining and grumbled about possibly filly up for the trip, but though nah lets keep trucking along and reassess as we go. Well I ended up stressing over nothing as I made it all the way there and home again with just about 900km complete on the same tank and still showing 150km DTE remaining.

I love my Titanium Mondeo
Old 28-03-2016, 09:08 PM   #69
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

_______

Last edited by NZ XR6; 28-03-2016 at 09:25 PM.
NZ XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2016, 10:01 PM   #70
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

Just a couple of notes
* Worked out from info on AFF that in fact if I set my Heater to Max it certainly starts up with great heat pretty much as I pull out of the driveway. Very happy, must be the electric heater kicking in to boost temp. From previously I would leave it set to 22deg which never really heated up as mentioned for around 5min after driving. Thanks all.

* Adjusted my Auto Highbeam to Sensitive in the settings and found it works so much better than before. Previously it was set on Low which is why they barely switch on/off when really needed. Another great tip from on here, thanks

Cheers
Old 06-04-2016, 10:12 PM   #71
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

First go with my trailer the other day. Needed to grab 1/2m3 of very damp bedding sand for some paving. Went OK I guess, estimate I would have been pulling around 500kg+ of sand and trailer so around the limits of 750kg.

One thing which I didn't plan on after connecting the LED trailer lights to the Mondeo, is the fault/alert come up on the Convers+. Played havoc with the trailer lights so I had to chance it without the trailer plugged in. Any advice how to modify the trailer wires, read I may need some resisters wired inline?

Old 07-04-2016, 03:19 AM   #72
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

yeah sounds like you need load resistors. You could do the trailer but that only helps that one trailer, another alternative is to use an adaptor on the plug with the load resistors, so that acts as the middle man between the vehicle and any trailer. Seems less fuss that way ;)

http://tiny.cc/51klay

enquire on that one if it's suitable for your needs.

looks like someone has done similar already:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...&postcount=581

Last edited by cobrin; 07-04-2016 at 03:26 AM.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2016, 10:37 AM   #73
DougalXR6

They must have sorted this out with the MDs. I've towed my trailer, which has LED lights, and they all worked as they should and there were no errors messages on my MD Trend. The display indicated " Trailer Connected " when I first started the car and then indicated "Trailer Disconnected" the next time I started the car after disconnecting, which was the next day.

I was also pleased to notice that the reverse sensors automatically turned off however, the reverse camera gave me an excellent view of the trailer.
DougalXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2016, 04:42 PM   #74
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrin View Post
yeah sounds like you need load resistors. You could do the trailer but that only helps that one trailer, another alternative is to use an adaptor on the plug with the load resistors, so that acts as the middle man between the vehicle and any trailer. Seems less fuss that way ;)

http://tiny.cc/51klay

enquire on that one if it's suitable for your needs.

looks like someone has done similar already:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...&postcount=581
Thanks mate, enquired through the local Ford Spare Parts. They don't know if the adapter would work but said if I was to bring my trailer out and test it before purchasing would be OK. Ford price $57.50 which isn't too bad, only $10 more than Ebay Bayford Ford. Part No. AB3615436BF

V's

Supercheap Auto 'Narva LED Load Resistors' at $18 a pop, x 4 from that diagram. $72!!!!!
I'm sure I could get them much cheaper on Ebay, but this method as mentioned wont be no where near as flexible as an adapter.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:45 PM   #75
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougalXR6 View Post
They must have sorted this out with the MDs. I've towed my trailer, which has LED lights, and they all worked as they should and there were no errors messages on my MD Trend. The display indicated " Trailer Connected " when I first started the car and then indicated "Trailer Disconnected" the next time I started the car after disconnecting, which was the next day.

I was also pleased to notice that the reverse sensors automatically turned off however, the reverse camera gave me an excellent view of the trailer.
Yeah the New MD Mondeos certainly do look like a well sorted and complete package, including the drop dead gorgeous styling! Thanks.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:08 PM   #76
Binny

Thats weird. When I changed my camping trailer tail lights to LED ones I didn't have any issues at all.
An upside to having the povvo pack I guess lol.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:52 AM   #77
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binny View Post
Thats weird. When I changed my camping trailer tail lights to LED ones I didn't have any issues at all.
An upside to having the povvo pack I guess lol.
Sometimes less is more!
Old 09-04-2016, 08:14 PM   #78
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

So I ended up getting myself a LED Trailer Adapter Plug to try see if it stops the 'Trailer Bulb Fault' on the Convers+ screen.

The part listing is for a Ford Ranger and the Ford Spares employees could not guarantee that it would work for Mondeo. So I just bit the bullet and got one to take home to try. And yep, works a treat. No more 'Fault' messages in the car. Nice neat setup that can stay with the vehicle, probably stow it away under the wagon floor when not in use.
It's quite a stiff setup so not sure it would need tying up at this stage!

On a side not the BLIS becomes inactive when the trailer is attached.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:18 PM   #79
Mondaveo

Thank you for this informative post

P/N. FO- AB39 15436 BF

Might get one just so I'll have it to hand if and when I ever need to tow something.

Edit: oop, didn't see you posted the part number earlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2016, 02:14 PM   #80
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondaveo View Post
Thank you for this informative post

P/N. FO- AB39 15436 BF

Might get one just so I'll have it to hand if and when I ever need to tow something.

Edit: oop, didn't see you posted the part number earlier
No worries!
BTW, I asked if I can get it at trade price as I was about to pay and they agreed. Good blokes.....

For future reference this is what comes up on the Convers+ screen prior to the LED Adapter Plug being installed inline.
As well as the actual trailer lights continually flashing when the engine was running, and a constant dim to the trailer lights when the car was completely turned off.

Trailer stopl. Bulb fault

Trailer turnl. Bulb fault
Old 10-04-2016, 05:10 PM   #81
DougalXR6

Hi V8kado, Did you buy the adapter from John McGrath Ford at Woden? If they supplied the part at trade price I will have to try that myself the next time I am after any Ford parts.

Last edited by DougalXR6; 10-04-2016 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-04-2016, 05:22 PM   #82
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

Quote:
Did you buy the adapter from John Mcgarth Ford at Woden? If they supplied the part at trade price I will have to try that myself the next time I am after any Ford parts.
Yep, I figured the worst they could say is no!
Old 11-04-2016, 10:51 AM   #83
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

Bit of a scrub

Old 11-04-2016, 11:07 AM   #84
DougalXR6

Great looking car!!!!!!!
Your location looks good as well, probably not far from where I am.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:45 PM   #85
cyclone1410

The Titanium grille and side skirts really add to the overall look. Looks fantastic even though I am not a lover of white cars.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:18 PM   #86
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

Quote:
Great looking car!!!!!!!
Your location looks good as well, probably not far from where I am.
Thanks mate, yeah nice quite spot where I am.
Where about you located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone1410
The Titanium grille and side skirts really add to the overall look. Looks fantastic even though I am not a lover of white cars.
I too was never a fan of white cars, but for some reason this make, model with all the gloss Black additions and the Frozen White paint makes it really stand out as a sporty/sophisticated wagon. I like!
Old 12-04-2016, 10:48 AM   #87
DougalXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8kado View Post
Thanks mate, yeah nice quite spot where I am.
Where about you located?
I am located at Royalla, probably just down the road.
Old 12-04-2016, 05:16 PM   #88
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

^ Very nice spot.
Pretty close, I'm actually in Greenleigh a bit closer to town.
Old 22-04-2016, 10:24 PM   #89
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

Decided to change out some T10 Bulbs in the Mondeo and replace them with some T10 LED's from Ebay.

Few shots showing some decent results.

Before - T10 Parker bulb

After - T10 7020 10LED

7020 SMD's (7mm x 2mm x 10ea = 500LM)

Was an absolute PITA pulling these Mondeo Headlights out, a lot of force is needed!

Comparison. Left 7020 10LED, Right normal T10 5W

Also done the Number plate lights, 5 SMD 5050. Probably not the best comparo, shot taken before I plugged them back in.

Interior pics, door light, map lights, & visor lights all 5 SMD 5050 LED's

Foot wells - passenger, also 5 SMD 5050 LED

And drivers foot well, also 5 SMD 5050 LED

Had to put these in the Mirror Puddle Lights, LED's would not work powering both the mirrors for some reason, only the one side with LED's would light up! No picture sorry.

Also did the boot space in the Wagon, 1 x LED in the side trim panel & 1 x LED in the Tailgate

And a final night shot, front parkers are almost like DRL's
Old 22-04-2016, 11:17 PM   #90
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

yeah looking good, I did the same. Really disliked the yellow colour so did the low/high/park/fog with Narva Intense. Pair of T10's came with low and high beam packs.

Then knew the boot would be left open for extended times (on occasion) and LED'd the boot.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post