Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 10-10-2008, 09:32 AM   #1
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Water in boot - hatch

There's been a thread on here about water in the boot from opening the hatch. Mine even lets water in when I wash the rear window. Hopeless. Try opening the hatch after it's been raining and watch the water pour in on the groceries, pram other stuff.

So, over on the European Mondeo site, a guy has got a fix from Ford. See here: http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/show...p?pid/1568706/

There is a link below for the full explanation of the saga, and I've been following it for a while.

I believe that this is only really an issue for the first set of cars that were imported. But not sure when the fix was put in. I know mine lets in lots of water, but later ones don't. Mine was an Oct 07 build, and I got it in Jan 08.

Who's up for a bit of calling Ford Customer Service to see if we can get this fix here? Feel free to PM me and we can set up a separate thread with the responses we get from Ford CS and the dealers. Not too sure they will like that, so will probably try to do it to shut us up.

I've used this site and the European site to get the autolocking fitted, so perhaps a bit of agro will get Ford Australia moving.

Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2008, 10:00 AM   #2
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What about Water-on-Shoes?

Is it jsut my car that eveytime I open the door after rain or a wash a wave splashes down onto my feet? Seems the water gets in thetop somewhare and cant get out the bottom. My lady was NOT happy one evening in her going out clothes n shoes!

I worked out a solution to boot problem, only open hatch half way... and have Crowned myself severely on the latch when i lifted a box out.!

Bastard of a car after wet days, Open the doors and your feet get soaked, open hatch and your luggage gets wet.

Does it never Rain atr Ford Europe design centre?
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Yes! that happened to me the other day. Opened the passenger door and all this water came in! Hopefully these issues are addressed soon!

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2008, 05:03 PM   #4
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
There's been a thread on here about water in the boot from opening the hatch. Mine even lets water in when I wash the rear window. Hopeless. Try opening the hatch after it's been raining and watch the water pour in on the groceries, pram other stuff.

So, over on the European Mondeo site, a guy has got a fix from Ford. See here: http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/show...p?pid/1568706/

There is a link below for the full explanation of the saga, and I've been following it for a while.

I believe that this is only really an issue for the first set of cars that were imported. But not sure when the fix was put in. I know mine lets in lots of water, but later ones don't. Mine was an Oct 07 build, and I got it in Jan 08.

Who's up for a bit of calling Ford Customer Service to see if we can get this fix here? Feel free to PM me and we can set up a separate thread with the responses we get from Ford CS and the dealers. Not too sure they will like that, so will probably try to do it to shut us up.

I've used this site and the European site to get the autolocking fitted, so perhaps a bit of agro will get Ford Australia moving.

im in
Old 10-10-2008, 06:07 PM   #5
warren77

Mine is a May 08 Build and still does it.
Most annoying after it has just been washed and you get water splashing down the paintwork. Got to go wipe it off again.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2008, 08:17 PM   #6
Dusty1
Giddy up!

It's sorted then.

I'm sure a few others will join in as well.

I will be calling the customer service number (13 36 73) on Monday and asking them to fix the following issues:

Water in hatch - I will point out that there is a fix available in Europe and why can't it happen here.
A/C - I want it re-gassed or at least looked at
Driver's side speaker - this has hummed since I got it, it's been replaced but still does it.
Bluetooth - needs to be re-set as it doesn't always read my phone
Any other updates available - there are updates all the time, and if you don't ask you don't get.

I didn't want to waste my time taking it to the dealer for just one thing, and if I give them a few things to look at it might spark them up a bit more.

I've had enough. I'm sure if we all hit them up, they might do something about it.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:15 PM   #7
ian b

Count me in too.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:10 PM   #8
Zippy7

Count me in as well.

Build date on mine is 12/07

I took my car to the dealer and showed them a list of things to fix. Unfortunately, although I had booked it in, they were concerned that they couldn't get it all done on the day, or even by the end of that week (this was Tue 30/9, before the long weekend in Sydney).::

I've now arranged for my wife to take it in on Mon 20th Oct.

I'm willing to give the dealership a go (the service manager seems a decent guy), but I am skeptical of them being able to do anything. When I pointed out that the fuel flap didn't lock, they were initially amazed. Then the salesguy says that it has "special filters so that sugar doesn't get into the tank" used:, and then proceeds to advise me that its okay. :
Old 10-10-2008, 11:57 PM   #9
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Yep, water in hatch is not good enough. I think I'll still be on file at Ford CS after my last attempt to get my rubbish BA falcon handbrake fixed. Go for it.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:50 AM   #10
warren77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7
I'm willing to give the dealership a go (the service manager seems a decent guy), but I am skeptical of them being able to do anything. When I pointed out that the fuel flap didn't lock, they were initially amazed. Then the salesguy says that it has "special filters so that sugar doesn't get into the tank" used:, and then proceeds to advise me that its okay. :
Mine locks. If you press it whilst it is locked, it stays locked. But if you then unlock the car, it does spring out. A bit annoying but at least it locks.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:53 AM   #11
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have an open call with the CSC regarding the start problems I've had. I'm pushing for a few 'free' fixes as well; upgraded dash software, Roadside service; might as well add the hatch!
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2008, 08:54 AM   #12
PedroinTas
Frozen White Mondeo TDCI

I seem to remember reading in one of these threads that build dates after feb or march 08 had the locking fuel hatch. Those built prior to this don't lock and there's no retrofit fix for it
PedroinTas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2008, 12:05 PM   #13
FRIKA
FRIKA

excellent keep us informed. They definately have my name on record already as well.
im sure they would love to hear from me again
Old 11-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #14
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Count me in as well
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #15
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Spoke to Ford Customer Service.

I have to book the car into the dealer, then call Ford CSC up to tell them of the date when the car is going in. Once that is done, CSC will liaise with the dealer to sort the issues out.

I can see what's going to happen here... I will have to take the car back multiple times. They will look at it, not be able to fix it on the first go and advise me to bring it back when they can fix it. This happened when the suroof leaked (the dealer stuffed it), the replacement passenger's side 'a' pillar and also with the rear speaker.

I will try and book it in again for this week or next.

How's everyone else going?
Previous:
Old 13-10-2008, 01:52 PM   #16
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So dusty can't you get it to leak with a hose!!

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2008, 03:04 PM   #17
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
So dusty can't you get it to leak with a hose!!

apstar
It will take the service guys a day of nut scratching to figure out they don't know anything about any fix that may or may not be available.

I can get water to enter the boot, that's easy to do, but it's getting them to do something about it that will require multiple trips back.
Previous:
Old 13-10-2008, 07:14 PM   #18
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fair enough sorry to say this from past experiences they normally create other problems trying to find the one you are trying to fix I always first see what the outcome is if I leave it alone as oppose to what damage they can do!!

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #19
warren77

I dropped mine in today to get the air conditioning done and have registered the "water in the boot" as an issue. I was pretty clear that it was only when you opened the boot and not a problem with it being not sealed properly.

The person I spoke to do seemed to know about the problem, this forum but I am not sure there is going to be a solution that can be retro-fitted.
Old 15-10-2008, 06:18 PM   #20
warren77

Update: problem has been logged. No fix is currently available for Australian cars.

I think the more people who make an issue of this, the more likely something is going to get done.
Old 15-10-2008, 08:32 PM   #21
Erax
Starter Motor

could plug in a refrigerator into each power socket :-)
Erax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2008, 10:08 PM   #22
Erax
Starter Motor

oops - wrong thread
Erax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2008, 09:12 AM   #23
Dusty1
Giddy up!

It's moving ahead.

Car is booked in for Thursday 30 October. Nice time for me.

How's everyone else been going with their dealers?
Previous:
Old 25-10-2008, 10:08 PM   #24
FRIKA
FRIKA

Made my complaint to ford last week about the water leek and airconditiong they advised to take into dealer and make sure that i call them when im planning to do so.
Old 26-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #25
Zippy7

My car has gone in for service and come back.
The service manager is on leave this week.
The answer I got was along the lines of "there is nothing that we can do, it is a design fault". Given that these guys are quite junior, I figured that there is really no point arguing with them, or trying to discuss further.
[To be brutally honest, I was quite shocked when I arrived at the service area to pickup the car, it was really basic, tired and old. It would have been fine in the 60's, but really not up to scratch these days.] I will call the service manager later this week and discuss, and probably follow up with a letter, and a phone call to Ford Customer Care. This is turning out to be soooo much effort to explain anything to them, its like they just don't want to understand.
Old 26-10-2008, 07:07 PM   #26
Katoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7
The answer I got was along the lines of "there is nothing that we can do, it is a design fault".
Same answer I got Zippy + we'll register your complaint with Ford.
Old 26-10-2008, 08:38 PM   #27
warren77

If they call it a "fault" then Ford knows it is an issue and have acknowledged it as such.
Therefore, logic says they are responsible for fixing it.

P*ssed me off today - washed the car, gave it a quick wax, had it looking oh so shiny. Drove it 50km 3 hours later and ended up with water in the boot all over my nice clean umpiring uniform. Not happy.
Old 31-10-2008, 10:52 AM   #28
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Took mine in yesterday for a warranty service.

News from what I was told is that Ford is aware of the fix for the water in boot issue that is being offered in Europe and is looking to get it out here for cars with the issue.

My suggestion is that if you have one of the early Mondeos with this issue, get onto Ford CS and register a complaint. You will probably have to take it in for a warranty look-see at the dealer as well. The more that do it the better the chance of the fix being done.

I have to get the rear passenger's speaker replaced for the third time. The a/c in mine is fully gassed up, they reflashed the software, but I don't have instant fuel consumption, my bluetooth was checked all good, however, they did say that some of the rear suspenstion was loose and they had to tighten it up. That's not real good, and it's the second time it's happened. End result is that the car will have to go back in at least once more for the speaker and then again to fix the water in boot issue - never stops!

I'll wait to hear from Ford CS and then rev them up about the boot fix. The more who do it the faster we can get it.
Previous:
Old 31-10-2008, 04:09 PM   #29
r2d2

Mine has been registered. I have also spoken to the dealer and showed him the difference and also pointed out that seeing they havent changed series then they have noted a problem and have address it. They are taking it to Ford CSC to see what the out come is.
Old 31-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #30
Zippy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2d2
showed him the difference and also pointed out that seeing they havent changed series then they have noted a problem and have address it.
Grrr - When I went to the dealership I bought my car from, they still have 07 builds on display. They must not be selling any at all. :(