Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 01-11-2008, 02:50 AM   #31
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When it comes to BlueTooth + Voice problems they are just monkeys do as the book say's no fault finding skills let alone understand the problem

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2008, 12:11 PM   #32
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

I had mine at the dealers, they are saying there's nothing they can do. So I'll be watching this thread to see what response everyone else gets.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2008, 12:25 PM   #33
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Here's the email I'm sending off to Ford CRC today with my ref no. in the subject line:

Hi

This is the fix in Europe: http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/show...?post/1568706/

My understanding is that the metal work hasn’t changed (http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/show...?post/1558630/) so it should be a pretty simple fix for the small number of cars affected. Again, it would only be the first maybe two shipments that came in, as the fix was implemented on April 08 built cars on (http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/show...?post/1585981/).

I guess Ford can be thankful of two things, the current drought here in Australia and also for the number that have been sold with this issue. Most that have been sold will have this issue fixed now.

I will look forward to hearing from you in relation to the progressing of this issue.

Regards,

Dusty1
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #34
FRIKA
FRIKA

well done Dusty. be interesting what reply you get
Old 09-11-2008, 09:05 PM   #35
Zippy7

Just had a phone call from the dealership after having the 3,000km service. I told them I would like them to raise an official complaint to Ford about this water leakage issue (and also the non locking fuel flap). They promised to call me back, but no calls as yet.
I'll keep an eye on this thread and probably have to initiate my own complaint to Ford.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:25 PM   #36
TheColonel

I've just shot off my complaint via email and post to Ford CRC about the issue
Old 14-11-2008, 10:09 AM   #37
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Had a phone call back from Ford CSC yesterday.

Apparently the technical guys are discussing the issue with Ford Europe to see if the boot fix will be available here. They will get back to me when they have a solution. If it isn't "we will fix it" I will be escalating it further.

I also have a dodgy speaker in the rear driver's passenger door, and that part is sitting at the dealer, because there isn't much point in taking the car back, and having it off the road for a day just to re-fit the speaker. BTW, this will be the third speaker I've had in that door.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 14-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #38
TheColonel

Well mine now has a lovely water issue in the cabin... the AC is leaking from the unit itself along with the AC drain pipe leaking... good times, booked in on monday to get fixed... should be off the road for 3 or 4 days and hoepfully the dash does not have to come out... have also raised the point of the rear hatch water issue also
Old 26-11-2008, 11:44 AM   #39
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I had another call from Ford CSC. They are still looking into it. How long does it take.

It was a different person this time, I normally deal with Jess. He isn't too bad. I told this new woman who called me that the problem will also effect the re-sale as the newer cars don't have this issue, and I wasn't very happy about the water pouring in on my child's pram.

Will see.
Previous:
Old 26-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #40
FRIKA
FRIKA

Ive lodged the problem as well. I dealt with Scott. He is very good.
Old 27-11-2008, 11:32 AM   #41
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
I had another call from Ford CSC. They are still looking into it. How long does it take.
Amazing listen to the salesman talking about this and that,what this and that does,with all the features and as soon as you have a problem errr that's a service problem not a sales one.......people get ****ed off and tell their friends & family members when asked "how is the car?" Ford should listen as in this climate a sale lost could mean $$$$

apstar
Old 03-12-2008, 02:55 PM   #42
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Call today. Looks as though it could be coming to a resolution. Don't want to say too much in the open, but if you PM me I'll let you know the status.

It's taken a long time to get this far.
Previous:
Old 04-12-2008, 08:43 AM   #43
r2d2

Dusty you got one of those calls from CRC as well. I got one, they are ringing me back again of Friday with the results. ;)
Old 04-12-2008, 10:07 PM   #44
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Call today. Looks as though it could be coming to a resolution. Don't want to say too much in the open, but if you PM me I'll let you know the status.

It's taken a long time to get this far.

PM sent
Old 05-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #45
ian b

Spoke to Alan at Ford CRC this afternoon.

He claimed to have no knowledge of a fix for this issue.

He rang my dealer whilst I waited and they claimed to have no knowledge either.

Suggested that I return vehicle to log the fault and he would call me in two weeks to follow up. Seems that if there is a resolution out there either Ford or the dealers are keeping it quiet.
Old 15-12-2008, 12:46 PM   #46
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Anyone heard anymore from Ford CSC?

I put a call in last week and haven't heard anything back. They were waiting for the service mananger to get back to them.

With the rain here in Melbourne over the weekend, the fix is certainly needed.

Can anyone with an April 08 build on, take some close up photos of the rear hatch, where the bottom of the glass meets tailgate? I'm sure you will have the fix we are all after.
Previous:
Old 15-12-2008, 02:03 PM   #47
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Can anyone with an April 08 build on, take some close up photos of the rear hatch, where the bottom of the glass meets tailgate? I'm sure you will have the fix we are all after.
I posted photos a while back can't remember which thread
:

apstar
Old 15-12-2008, 08:24 PM   #48
Erax
Starter Motor

I don't know if this is what you're after - Mondeo hatch TDCI delivered 12/2008

Gee my car gets dirty quickly - had it 1 1/2 weeks so far
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG2634.JPG (53.5 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG2635.JPG (44.1 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG2637.JPG (44.7 KB, 63 views)
Erax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2008, 04:10 PM   #49
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erax
I don't know if this is what you're after - Mondeo hatch TDCI delivered 12/2008

Gee my car gets dirty quickly - had it 1 1/2 weeks so far
That's the stuff! Excellent!

Thanks a lot for the pictures, mine doesn't look like that. Hang on, it does, it's just as dirty!
Previous:
Old 05-01-2009, 12:08 PM   #50
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Looks like things are moving on.

A response to the query has been received by Ford CRC. The CRC manager is on leave until 12/1, and he reckons I will have an answer by 14/1, as to whether or not it can be done.

Have an 'service oil' message come on now, so want to get the hatch, speaker and oil service all done at once. Hopefully before Feb.

Jess said that he has another one as well, so our complaints must be working!
Previous:
Old 05-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #51
FRIKA
FRIKA

Ive got a complaint in as well. Wrote a huge complaint email addressing Aircon, Water in the Hatch and Update. So the more complaints the better.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:30 PM   #52
scribbly

Quote:
Looks like things are moving on.

A response to the query has been received by Ford CRC. The CRC manager is on leave until 12/1, and he reckons I will have an answer by 14/1, as to whether or not it can be done.

Have an 'service oil' message come on now, so want to get the hatch, speaker and oil service all done at once. Hopefully before Feb.

Jess said that he has another one as well, so our complaints must be working!
You know Dusty, I get the oil message as well except it happens always about 2000km after a service. I just reset it with the brake & accelerator method and keep going.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #53
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

I included the oil service message as one of my enquiries along with the water in the boot to Ford. Can't say I received a response from Ford but I just had my 15K service done and was informed by my dealer that I need an ECU flash to fix the oil service message issue. Off to the dealer we go.....

I think there is a thread on this over at MEG's.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #54
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIKA
Ive got a complaint in as well. Wrote a huge complaint email addressing Aircon, Water in the Hatch and Update. So the more complaints the better.
Just a thought with the Aircon... It finally got hot here in Melbourne (33C) and I've noticed that the a/c will not give you full cold unless you decrease the temp setting. For instance I had mine set for 23C and it felt not too cold but once I dropped the temp to 21C it went colder.

MA Mondeo
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
Old 06-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #55
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Actually the system that Ford uses to control the AC is stupid I bet you many are driving around with the fresh air vent in the open position not in the recycle position if you have selected the recycle position via the pushbutton and then select auto it will revert back to fresh air vent same if you switch off engine then restart it will not remember that setting crazy if you ask me it's something many drivers don't look at thinking its in the same position before they switched off :

apstar
Old 06-01-2009, 09:46 PM   #56
FRIKA
FRIKA

I had mine on Lowest setting, fan on the highest and on recycle and it still worked very poorly.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:50 PM   #57
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIKA
I had mine on Lowest setting, fan on the highest and on recycle and it still worked very poorly.
Sorry to hear that I have no complaints with mine if anything it gets too cold so I have to have it set at 24deg mine is a May 08 built car

apstar
Old 07-01-2009, 08:17 AM   #58
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

I leave mine on full auto all the time and it works flawlessly. I simply switch the system on or off. The system will auto select fresh or recycled air depending on the temp of the air in the cabin verses the temp of the air outside. If you set it for say 22 it will self determine the most effective way to bring the temp down, every occasion will be different, if its 35 outside it might recycle the inside air until the inside air temp stabilizes at 22 but if you than turn it down to 20 it might than switch back to recycled again for 2 or 3 minutes until the temp stabilizes again at the new setting. The default is fresh (as it should be) but it will select recycled if it determines that that is the quickest way to bring the inside temp down.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 08:36 AM   #59
scribbly

Paulie, how do you know its doing all of what you described when its in auto?

MA Mondeo
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
Old 07-01-2009, 12:08 PM   #60
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

The little logo appears on the screen for recycle or fresh.

Whack it in auto and you will notice it will go on or off depending on conditions as Paulie has mentioned.

You cant see fan speed, but you can hear it.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post