Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-01-2024, 12:26 AM   #61
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: F-150 Sales Halt

Wasn't the RHD engineering done overseas? Somewhere in SE Asia?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2024, 08:20 AM   #62
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
Wasn't the RHD engineering done overseas? Somewhere in SE Asia?
RMA HQ is in Thailand but Melbourne factory next to Ford's customer service warehouse.
https://www.rmagroup.net/global-reach/australia/
new facility in northern suburbs of Melbourne.
https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=11d98...=2&form=S00027

Last edited by Dr Smith; 31-01-2024 at 08:34 AM.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2024, 10:37 AM   #63
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I still think it's an assembly issue rather than a component failure, I guess time will tell as a longer sales halt would probably indicate an engineering issue.
Old 01-02-2024, 08:32 AM   #64
bundera

The steering issue is an assembly fault with the shaft not fitted correctly

The turbo issue is a joining hose with insufficient molded strength in its design
bundera is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2024, 11:07 AM   #65
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundera View Post
The steering issue is an assembly fault with the shaft not fitted correctly

The turbo issue is a joining hose with insufficient molded strength in its design
Sounds like easily fixed, one by QC, one by uprated spec choice.
Old 22-03-2024, 07:54 PM   #66
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Yet another recall.................

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...150-recalled-2

Quote:
Ford Australia has recalled the F-150 once again, this time due to a fault which means a total of 2020 examples of the pickup are non-compliant with local road rules.
Quote:
“The vehicle may have been fitted with side direction indicator lamps that do not comply with the Australian Design Rule (ADR) 13/00 – Installation of Lighting and Light Signalling Devices on other than L-Group Vehicles,”
I still can't believe Ford let this happen to their own product. The decision makers within Ford Australia should be asking for discount on these conversions, each recall due to this conversion company is basically killing the vehicle before it gets established.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-03-2024, 08:08 PM   #67
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Yet another recall.................

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...150-recalled-2

I still can't believe Ford let this happen to their own product. The decision makers within Ford Australia should be asking for discount on these conversions, each recall due to this conversion company is basically killing the vehicle before it gets established.
Should have approached HSV instead of trying to reinvent the wheel with a new kid on the block.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-03-2024, 09:46 PM   #68
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did RAM or Chev have these sorts of problems starting up? I can't recall so is it just a Ford thing?
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2024, 10:26 PM   #69
jgmdat

“There is no safety hazard associated with this recall and the defect will not affect the performance of the vehicle. Vehicles are not compliant with ADR 13/00.”

I don't see the problem, like the Mustang recall for the Brake Fluid warning, it is not a safety recall.
jgmdat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2024, 11:10 PM   #70
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmdat View Post
“There is no safety hazard associated with this recall and the defect will not affect the performance of the vehicle. Vehicles are not compliant with ADR 13/00.”

I don't see the problem, like the Mustang recall for the Brake Fluid warning, it is not a safety recall.
Agreed, but the general public/consumer see's "recall" and immedicably thinks the worst. Overall, its not a good look. In the case of the F-150 and its 3 recalls to date, these issues have been caused by the company doing the RHD engineering/conversions on Ford's behalf and not allowing Ford a say in the process.
Mustang GT

Old 22-03-2024, 11:44 PM   #71
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Did RAM or Chev have these sorts of problems starting up? I can't recall so is it just a Ford thing?
Brake cable issue, because they went with someone making control cables in their back yard/shed initially

Thats the only one that comes to mind.

https://www.drive.com.au/news/2018-ram-1500-recalled/
Old 23-03-2024, 06:28 AM   #72
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Not as many according to the Government recall website. RAM had one for the Occupant Restraint Control module, so that's pretty serious, and the Silverado had one for the remote supplied for the retractable tonneau being non compliant because it didn't have a warning for the button battery.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2024, 08:11 AM   #73
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are these the stupid lights on the doors?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2024, 11:30 AM   #74
fatgas
Purveyor of fine filth

After having been walked through the Walkinshaw chop shop very recently... I'll never buy one of their transgender products.
fatgas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2024, 01:29 PM   #75
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Only Ford could take a no brainer decision like the RHD F150 and butcher the launch so badly
that its high end buyers have serious reservations about paying so much for such a vehicle
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2024, 02:16 PM   #76
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgas View Post
After having been walked through the Walkinshaw chop shop very recently... I'll never buy one of their transgender products.
Their warehouse crew are hilarious, never seen such a bunch of unmotivated people in my life, their work day is like smoko interrupted by the odd deliveries here and there.

They had a guy who was a bit slow who was the butt of all their jokes
Old 23-03-2024, 02:21 PM   #77
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Their warehouse crew are hilarious, never seen such a bunch of unmotivated people in my life, their work day is like smoko interrupted by the odd deliveries here and there.

They had a guy who was a bit slow who was the butt of all their jokes
I was wondering where the crew at our local landscape suppliers went.
Would go in there to load up sand and instantly come out feeling depressed.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2024, 02:30 PM   #78
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
We only had one ratchet strap in the work ute, I went down there to drop off a pallet and pick up a pallet.

I'm like to the other guy, make sure they have everything boxed up on one pallet.

I get there, and they've got it on two pallets, and they couldn't be ****ed putting it into one pallet, so they spent like 45 minutes there trying to figure out if they could secure two pallets with one ratchet strap.

None of the stuff was even boxed up, it was just loose brake cables spread across two pallets.

The solution in the end was to put another pallet, over half of both pallets, then tie that down to the ute.

I'm like this is sketchy AF, **** it I'll just take it anyway - keep an eye out for me on the news tonight when all this shit flies off on the freeway

Got it back to the other side of Melbourne without losing anything off the back which **** me I was surprised, was expecting to get around the corner and lose it all off the back - I didn't give a ****, I told them before I left, and I fully intended on losing it all on the freeway and then saying 'I told you so'.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2024, 07:15 PM   #79
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
At the risk of sounding like a Ford service advisor, "they're all like that".........

I have three local to me. One gets seriously pis.ed off at your presence, as if selling me something is a major inconvenience. The second place runs the yard with a single employee, so he's answering phones while taking your money and loading your purchase. And for god's sake, don't leave the door open to the office! That business is rolling in cash due to the earth moving side, so there is no reason for it other than being tight, and people keep going back because of convenience. The third is run by two geriatrics thinking they would be getting into an easy business but have no idea what they are selling, no idea what's in the yard and no idea what it costs.
Mustang GT

Old 24-03-2024, 09:21 AM   #80
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
At the risk of sounding like a Ford service advisor, "they're all like that".........
No, for me most are very helpful and cheery.

Sorry back to F150's.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2024, 09:57 AM   #81
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
We only had one ratchet strap in the work ute, I went down there to drop off a pallet and pick up a pallet.

I'm like to the other guy, make sure they have everything boxed up on one pallet.

I get there, and they've got it on two pallets, and they couldn't be ****ed putting it into one pallet, so they spent like 45 minutes there trying to figure out if they could secure two pallets with one ratchet strap.

None of the stuff was even boxed up, it was just loose brake cables spread across two pallets.

The solution in the end was to put another pallet, over half of both pallets, then tie that down to the ute.

I'm like this is sketchy AF, **** it I'll just take it anyway - keep an eye out for me on the news tonight when all this shit flies off on the freeway

Got it back to the other side of Melbourne without losing anything off the back which **** me I was surprised, was expecting to get around the corner and lose it all off the back - I didn't give a ****, I told them before I left, and I fully intended on losing it all on the freeway and then saying 'I told you so'.
Now I understand a truck drivers response when I loaded 2 pallets on his truck and before doing anything asked where he wanted them placed? He looked at me like I asked which gold watch do you want...he said thanks for asking, and I added, it's your truck and you're driving it so I'll load it the way you want unless I think it might damage my load.
3 users like this post: