Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 12-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
HIPO66

Default HIPO Get's Hyped

Hi Chris / Theo

I would just like to thank you both for the grouse job you boy's did to our Super Pursuit. Your superb attention to performance and customer satasfaction is of a very high service, and your knowledge and experience in this area really shows. Hipo has undergone a tremendous change. Thanks once again and we will be requiring your services again next year. May you and your families have a Happy and Safe Christmas
Kind Regards Jerome

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 022.jpg (43.0 KB, 182 views)
HIPO66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2009, 09:11 PM   #2
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

WOW Nice SP!

What did you have done?
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
HIPO66

Thanks FPV8U
I had Oil Pump, Cams, Full Di Fiflippo Big Boy, Colder Thermostat, BPR CAI, X3 Flash and Tune
Old 13-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO66
Thanks FPV8U
I had Oil Pump, Cams, Full Di Fiflippo Big Boy, Colder Thermostat, BPR CAI, X3 Flash and Tune

Bet it feels slightly better now.. :
Old 13-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
Wolfinsheepsclothing
preying on lions

Hi i bet it's like a different car sound, performance and economy,cheerz
Wolfinsheepsclothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #6
Theo@BluePower
Bluepower
Donating Member1

Thanks very much Jerome..
its allways a pleasure to have a nice car sitting in the workshop for the week ... even if i had to get my hand dirty on a boss : ...

Hope you are enjoying the car cos i know chris would love to have it...
03 9305 3000

Theo@BluePower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2009, 08:13 PM   #7
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Yes indeed, that's some ute you have there mate. Love the colour!

I can only imagine the transformation that's taken place with this car, with that shopping trolley load of bits.... that's the way to go, shock and awe, hit it hard, hit it fast, with all the good bits!

I know it wasn't the easiest of roads for you getting the Hypo to perform as it should, so to read that the process has been worthwhile, and delivered what you expected is just awsome news. . :

Well done man.

Texas.

PS... and note my choice of colour...

Need bigger pic!

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2009, 06:29 PM   #8
HIPO66

Hi Tex
Yes Chris had a challenge with Hipo but all is well now.The video of your cams was the last straw for me, that inspired me so thanks to you. I have posted a bigger photo? hope it works
Hipo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 028.jpg (125.4 KB, 192 views)
Old 15-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #9
b2tf
not here much anymore

The picture worked and it's a great looking car. Sounds like you're very happy with it - and deservedly so.
Old 15-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #10
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO66
Hi Tex
Yes Chris had a challenge with Hipo but all is well now.The video of your cams was the last straw for me, that inspired me so thanks to you. I have posted a bigger photo? hope it works
Hipo
It's worked, what a awsome looking ute.

Glad my couple of vids had that effect, while the cams are by no means a quick and easy mod (for our blue blooded mate at Cooper Street), I'm sure you'll agree that the character they bring to the vehicle is more than worth the expense. The performance benefit would be a bonus for a lot of people, but none the less apparent when you bury the right hoof...... :evil3:

I've now had loads of people ask me - "is she cammed mate", and boy oh boy it's just the ducks guts to be able to say sure is! Trouble is, I keep getting held up when I then have to elaborate on the brand, the installer, the performance, blah blah blah. But hey, it's time well spent, and for at least one guy I 'met' as a result of the shaken and rollen my GT now does, I'm sure more Boss cars will get some new sticks... they deserve it after all!

OOOOOPs, sorry man, I hijack your thread, hahahahaha, you can probably tell I'm pretty passionate about these cars, the performance locked up within. They just need blokes like Chris, and owners like us, to allow him to realise their potential.

Chris told me about this beautiful SP he was working on, last week when I was speaking to him about other stuff, and between you and me, I could hear in his words the appreciation he had for it, the condition you maintain it in, and his desire to keep it for as long as you'd allow... Went something like " Tex man, Ive got this Super Pursuit in the shop, you should see it, Ego , it's just the best.....ego's now our favourite combo on these B series cars.......!"

My guess, if you ever wanted to sell the Hipo, you'd only need make one 'phone call.

best regards

texas.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 16-12-2009, 05:50 PM   #11
HIPO66

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
The picture worked and it's a great looking car. Sounds like you're very happy with it - and deservedly so.
ooh yer very happy
Old 16-12-2009, 06:06 PM   #12
HIPO66

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
It's worked, what a awsome looking ute.

Glad my couple of vids had that effect, while the cams are by no means a quick and easy mod (for our blue blooded mate at Cooper Street), I'm sure you'll agree that the character they bring to the vehicle is more than worth the expense. The performance benefit would be a bonus for a lot of people, but none the less apparent when you bury the right hoof...... :evil3:

I've now had loads of people ask me - "is she cammed mate", and boy oh boy it's just the ducks guts to be able to say sure is! Trouble is, I keep getting held up when I then have to elaborate on the brand, the installer, the performance, blah blah blah. But hey, it's time well spent, and for at least one guy I 'met' as a result of the shaken and rollen my GT now does, I'm sure more Boss cars will get some new sticks... they deserve it after all!

OOOOOPs, sorry man, I hijack your thread, hahahahaha, you can probably tell I'm pretty passionate about these cars, the performance locked up within. They just need blokes like Chris, and owners like us, to allow him to realise their potential.

Chris told me about this beautiful SP he was working on, last week when I was speaking to him about other stuff, and between you and me, I could hear in his words the appreciation he had for it, the condition you maintain it in, and his desire to keep it for as long as you'd allow... Went something like " Tex man, Ive got this Super Pursuit in the shop, you should see it, Ego , it's just the best.....ego's now our favourite combo on these B series cars.......!"

My guess, if you ever wanted to sell the Hipo, you'd only need make one 'phone call.

best regards

texas.
You are right Tex you do sound passionate and rightly so. :
This SP is a keeper, I just wanted to get the best out of it that the wallet can handle, do it once and have it done right.
regards Hipo
Old 16-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #13
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo@BluePower
... even if i had to get my hand dirty on a boss : ...
You know you love the boss Theo, deep down you feel the love dont ya.

Hipo, nice ute and nice bunch of mods you've done too, must be happy.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2009, 05:42 PM   #14
HIPO66

Hipo, nice ute and nice bunch of mods you've done too, must be happy.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Quadcams
I'm just pumped now
Old 17-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #15
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcams
You know you love the boss Theo, deep down you feel the love dont ya.

Hipo, nice ute and nice bunch of mods you've done too, must be happy.
Too Right Wade, Theo talks up the I6 but deep down, he wishes he was Boss.. :
Old 18-12-2009, 08:57 AM   #16
Theo@BluePower
Bluepower
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Too Right Wade, Theo talks up the I6 but deep down, he wishes he was Boss.. :
Yer i am getting a bit older now days .. maybe its time i slow things down abit and start driving one of those slow V8 you all got ...
but on the other hand i got to keep up the the GF so i guess you lot are out of luck
03 9305 3000

Theo@BluePower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2009, 03:07 PM   #17
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Yer i am getting a bit older now days .. maybe its time i slow things down abit and start driving one of those slow V8 you all got ...
but on the other hand i got to keep up the the GF so i guess you lot are out of luck
LOL @ Theo aka Puff Daddy
Old 18-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #18
tex
Broken

Quote:

Bah!

Hahaha, best be borrowing Josh' black beast, see he's keeping up then...

He doesn't drive it much, and and you'd best stick some more boost in it while it's there.... :

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 18-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #19
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Mmmmm, slower hey!! :
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2009, 01:20 AM   #20
EXR8ED
HO INTERCEPTOR

Haahahahahahaha!! Theo and his girly turbo 6's Say's it's about the power but we all know it's about the $$'s. You want the best you gotta pay for it. n/a v n/a Boss wins, Forced v Forced BOSS again. And will never sound as tuff!!(washing machine anyone) nana: No substitute for cubes. :evil3: I'm just clownin Theo, but really!
Hippo. nice ride dude. Think I saw it on the rollers when I was in there last week. Clean, mean set of wheels. Should be a load of fun now.

Cheers
Glenn
Body and Visual by HO
My Business GutterGuardGuyAluminium Guttermesh Supply & Installation.
OrsmFordCruisers
R.I.P Wayne Draper
EXR8ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #21
HIPO66

Hippo. nice ride dude. Think I saw it on the rollers when I was in there last week. Clean, mean set of wheels. Should be a load of fun now.

Cheers
Glenn[/QUOTE]

Thanks EXR8ED, she is a clean ride, I'm glad you got too see it run, Hipo is definitely a different ute :
Old 10-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #22
HIPO66

Well just got Hipo back from the boys at BluePower today (Sat). Twin Throttle Bodies and Under Drives. No Dyno results as it was playing up, but the seat of your pants is still noticable a bit more mid range touque and a more aggresive intake growl. The under drives are a definate plus . So Thankyou Chris and Theo again for the wonderful experiance the professionalism and attention to customer satasfaction you have shown.I will be taking hipo to calder on friday night to see what she will do, i will let you know
PS thanks for the tickle up on the wife's 3V she love's it and also my sister has seen the light
regards jerome
Old 14-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #23
tex
Broken

Look forward to reading about this :thebirds:

You've pretty well got the full compliment of bolt ons now, plus the crows, very interested to hear what your terminal speed was.

Hope you have fun!

tex

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 18-04-2010, 12:47 PM   #24
HIPO66

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Look forward to reading about this :thebirds:

You've pretty well got the full compliment of bolt ons now, plus the crows, very interested to hear what your terminal speed was.

Hope you have fun!

tex
Well Tex we are back from our trip to Calder Park, I must say as a First time entrant it was grouse, very well orginised. A big thumbs up to the men and women for there efforts . :

Hipo ended up having 11 passes for the night, which was fantastic as it gave me plenty of opportunity, too look at trying something different with each pass, More stall, Gear Change's.
Traction and getting it out of the hole was my delima, but hey for what Hipo achived I'm rapt.( full street trim with the hard lid )

It's a Great Feling being able to line up and just NAIL it and for those moments in time it's just you and your car, Listing to that Boss sing, Watchen the Rev's and the forces you feel, Man What A Blast.

My First Run was 13.608 @ 106.08 MPH
My Best Run was 13.404 @ 105.16 MPH

To Chris and Theo thanks again for your Excellent Work on Hipo you Blokes are Grouse. So i Hope did you Boys Proud Holding up The Blue Power Flag? :
Old 18-04-2010, 01:01 PM   #25
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Not too bad for your first time out, i imagine with the ZF and all those mods it's hard to get off the line.

I know for me i was suprised how tricky it was to really get a good run from start to finish between the launch, balencing traction and wheelspin then good gearshifts the whole way down the to the line.
Old 20-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #26
HIPO66

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Not too bad for your first time out, i imagine with the ZF and all those mods it's hard to get off the line.

I know for me i was suprised how tricky it was to really get a good run from start to finish between the launch, balencing traction and wheelspin then good gearshifts the whole way down the to the line.
Thanks FBV8U, i'm happy with the result, Chris was wright about getting it out of the hole with the ZF, wheel spin 1st and 2nd.
You on the money with Balencing it's a fine line and Challenging too, which is what most of us like.
Old 20-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #27
tex
Broken

What an awsome "first time out" result, well done!

Sounds like you had a great time, with practice the times will only come down. Good on you for not stuffing about changing wheels, removing parts off the car etc etc, run what ya brung! As you drive the car every day.

tex

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 21-04-2010, 08:12 AM   #28
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Very nice ute bud! Looking forward to the next installment and race results
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #29
HIPO66

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
What an awsome "first time out" result, well done!

Sounds like you had a great time, with practice the times will only come down. Good on you for not stuffing about changing wheels, removing parts off the car etc etc, run what ya brung! As you drive the car every day.

tex
Thanks Tex real happy with the result. Had a Grouse time. I just persevere with Hipo and see what i can Get out of it. :thebirds:
Old 21-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #30
HIPO66

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
Very nice ute bud! Looking forward to the next installment and race results
Thanks Dazzler351
I rapt with Hipo, it turns a few heads.
I have to nuckle down for the next six months and save some coin, No more engine mods ? .But definitely Diff Gears. Then we will try again.