Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 15-07-2009, 06:09 PM   #61
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here you go!!! got 'em done eventually!

phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #62
Rapscallion
Seduce G6ET

Thanks Phoonfan. Looks great.
Rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #63
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Would look even better in black! I'll post some photos of my wagon with 17" wheels once I wash it!
Old 15-07-2009, 11:58 PM   #64
cammag

I am not a big fan of the family planners, but that does look very nice.

Thanks phoonfan
Old 16-07-2009, 12:40 AM   #65
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Its a real pity the Wagon isnt available in diesel or XR5 form. It would be a much better proposition if this was the case in my opinion.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #66
RicOz

Thanks Phoonfan! I actually was lucky enough to see some being loaded off the truck at my local dealer. Very nice car! The interior and cloth fabrics look improved over the older model. Large boot, nice shape. The rear bumper shape around the exhaust looks better than the hatch I think.

Phoonfan, can you find out for me how many Sea Grey Zetec Wagons around around the Sydney Metro area?
RicOz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #67
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicOz
Thanks Phoonfan! I actually was lucky enough to see some being loaded off the truck at my local dealer. Very nice car! The interior and cloth fabrics look improved over the older model. Large boot, nice shape. The rear bumper shape around the exhaust looks better than the hatch I think.

Phoonfan, can you find out for me how many Sea Grey Zetec Wagons around around the Sydney Metro area?
i got 2 in stock here : :
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #68
daz82
In the family since 1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
Its a real pity the Wagon isnt available in diesel or XR5 form. It would be a much better proposition if this was the case in my opinion.
Yet.............
daz82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 09:37 AM   #69
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
Ford would have rocks in their heads not to look at the diesel wagon in the near future. But the $1K premium for the wagon over the hatch is a bit stiff.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #70
Zippy7

Hey Phoonfan,

Any chance of you posting a pic of the wagon with tailgate open, right next to a hatch with the tailgate open?

I find my hatch opening way too high. I am interested to know if the wagon tailgate is going to open as high, or open up to a more reasonable height.

Cheers.
Old 17-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #71
RicOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7
Hey Phoonfan,

Any chance of you posting a pic of the wagon with tailgate open, right next to a hatch with the tailgate open?

I find my hatch opening way too high. I am interested to know if the wagon tailgate is going to open as high, or open up to a more reasonable height.

Cheers.
I think there is a pic of a wagon boot opening in the Sticky section up the top of this Mondeo forum.

I have seen it in the flesh. Its not as high. Nice height very big luggage space and a retractible cover for hiding luggage.

I took a test drive. Its quite a long car but drives very nice. Easier to see out of the back window and also blindspot too.
Old 17-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #72
daz82
In the family since 1996

I couldn't give you exact measurements but the load over point is about 8cm? lower on the wagon and is flat with no lip
daz82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2009, 06:16 AM   #73
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7
Hey Phoonfan,

Cheers.
The wagon is lower - I find it just the right height. And there is no lip at the back.

You'll love the wagon - I can't understand why Ford Oz have taken nearly 2 years to get it, and then no diesel version. About half of the Mondeos on the road in NZ would be the wagon.
Old 20-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #74
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Just visited the FordAus new Mondeo site again
Lo and behold....XR5 range lacks Ink Blue and Tango. Why?
Just bland colours or hot red.

Wanted : new MB Mondeo XR5 Hatch in Tango (even Blue would do!)
or
Wanted : New MB Mondeo XR5 Wagon in Tango (yes, 5T+6spd m-a-n-u-a-l)
...Hey, then I'd have a luxo wagon that really hussles.

How would that stack up againt the Audi/C5/Passat opposition?

(Phoonfan, are you tuned in? Feedback from besotted potential customer.)

Hmmm, wonder If I can do a private import from UK to get what I want.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2009, 09:35 AM   #75
RicOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt
Wanted : New MB Mondeo XR5 Wagon in Tango (yes, 5T+6spd m-a-n-u-a-l)
...Hey, then I'd have a luxo wagon that really hussles.
I remember a quote from Mazda that they only deal with 10% Mazda6 Wagon sales, so I would assume the Mondeo Wagon would be roughly the same if not a bit better than 10%.

There is no point in releasing top of the line wagon specs for was is essentially a family load lugger or used for commerical. The only disappointment is that there is no diesel wagon, which would make more sense.

The difference between a Mondeo Wagon and a Passat Wagon is around $8000!
Old 21-07-2009, 12:28 PM   #76
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

But the difference between a Mazda 6 diesel wagon and a Mondeo wagon would probably be 3 or 4 grand in the Mazdas favour. Yes the Mondeo would probably have more features and a little more room, but then the 6 have a more powerful and more fuel efficient diesel motor. It is arguably a better looker as well however this is personal taste.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #77
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
I remember a quote from Mazda that they only deal with 10% Mazda6 Wagon sales, so I would assume the Mondeo Wagon would be roughly the same if not a bit better than 10%.

There is no point in releasing top of the line wagon specs for was is essentially a family load lugger or used for commerical. The only disappointment is that there is no diesel wagon, which would make more sense.

The difference between a Mondeo Wagon and a Passat Wagon is around $8000!
Price difference between the base Peugeot 407 Touring is not that great, but it is when looking at the V6. Mondeo wagon looks to be just better equipped than the poverty pack 407 Touring.

Said it before, Ford have got rocks in their heads if they don't bring out the diesel wagon.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #78
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I find that hard to believe. Way more than 10% of the Mazda 6 are wagons in NZ. And about half of the Mondeos would be wagons.

Quote:
Holden obviously don't see wagons that way. There's even a HSV Sportwagon! I'd happily have paid another $5k to get my wagon with Titanium spec - I spend about half of my life behind the wheel, so might as well enjoy it. And I'd be the first in the queue to buy a XR5 wagon.

I came very close to buying a V8 Sportwagon instead of the Mondeo when Holden were running all sorts of special deals in NZ at the end of last year. But the Mondeo has more load space and I was a bit nervous about the fuel bill. And I doubt if my son would have ever talked to me again!
Old 22-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #79
RicOz

Just bought a new Mondeo Zetec Wagon on the weekend! Pick it up on Friday. I got it in Moondust Silver with Euro plates, window tint, mats and boot scuff pad.

I was tossing up between Mazda6 Wagon and this one, but for the extra toys you get plus the large interior space and Euro styling, I fell in love with the Mondeo.

Can't wait! Not sure if I'm the first Wagon owner yet??
Old 22-07-2009, 10:52 AM   #80
Zippy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt
Wanted : New MB Mondeo XR5 Wagon
I agree. I have the hatch, but I think the wagon would be even better and more practical for me.