Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 09-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
RicOz

Default Mondeo USB and MP3 Input

Can anyone tell me if its possible to play an IPod Touch through the USB music port?

If not, will it still charge when plugged into USB?

Also, is the USB and MP3 input box in the glove box? Therefore, couldnt I have the IPod charging in the USB port while its playing through the MP3 input port at the same time?

RicOz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
MondeoManiac
Starter Motor

The AUX jack is in the glovebox, in a sort of recess on the left. Haven't looked for the USB before, but I guess it would be in the same place?
Old 12-07-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
Rapscallion
Seduce G6ET

I don't think there is a USB input in the current model Mondeo. This is a new inclusion in the new model. The auxiliary input is in the glovebox on the right hand side.
Rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #4
Dusty1
Giddy up!

The Falcon's now get iPod integration, but the Mondeo's don't. It's strange that they don't. And also a pity for us Mondeo drivers. Any one know any different?
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #5
warren77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
The Falcon's now get iPod integration, but the Mondeo's don't. It's strange that they don't. And also a pity for us Mondeo drivers. Any one know any different?
The biggest thing I found strange with the Mondeo, was whilst the stereo jack input is in the glovebox, there is no 12V in the glove box. Even though there is a cut out for it. Would've made sense to have it there.

Been meaning to get one put in.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 03:32 PM   #6
RicOz

Can anyone tell me how you power your GPS in a Mondeo? I cant see any specs to say i there is a 12V or lighter in the front console?
Old 13-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #7
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicOz
Can anyone tell me how you power your GPS in a Mondeo? I cant see any specs to say i there is a 12V or lighter in the front console?
?? err the cigarette lighter under the flap!!

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #8
RicOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
?? err the cigarette lighter under the flap!!

apstar
Sorry I didn't know, as I dont own a Mondeo (yet). Most lighters I know are outside the flap on the main console.
Old 13-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #9
warren77

Quote:
Sorry I didn't know, as I dont own a Mondeo (yet). Most lighters I know are outside the flap on the main console.
In the XR5 (not sure on other models) there is also a plug in the read console. I actually use that one and run it along (via an extension cord) the passenger side seat/floor mat into the glove box where I have a 3 x 12V and USB splitter. I run a GPS, Radar Detector (still legal in WA) and my iphone charger.

That way, you don't need to flap open on the front dash.

Be warned however, one of the Mondeo's "features" is that the 12V stays live for 30 minutes after you switch off the car. So it means your GPS will stay active and may make it even more noticeable for a thief. Wishing I could find a way to turn that off.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #10
scribbly

The TDCi has a 12V outlet on the rear of the middle console effectively for the passengers in the back.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 01:29 PM   #11
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Here's some photos of the HMI with UDB, from the Euro forum. We won't be getting the upgraded head unit I don't think.

http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/show...?post/1768121/
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 15-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #12
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren77
Wishing I could find a way to turn that off.
Easy,wire an inline rocker switch on the positive wire

apstar
Old 15-07-2009, 01:44 PM   #13
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
lol no worries thought you owned one e

apstar
Old 15-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #14
cardinalred

UK Mondeo brochure shows an array of entertainment/navigation options including iPod connectivity that enables control of iPod from car's audio controls. They also have a fancy 7" touchscreen nav/sound option that includes connectivity. Pity that wasn't an option down here!!!
cardinalred is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #15
daz82
In the family since 1996

Here it is, right next near the existing aux input. Also has function on the screen to control usb device on the steering wheel. Not sure if this would work on iPod though but will work on other MP3 players. I will try and get a chance to test my iphone on it tomoz.
daz82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 09:40 AM   #16
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz82
Here it is, right next near the existing aux input. Also has function on the screen to control usb device on the steering wheel. Not sure if this would work on iPod though but will work on other MP3 players. I will try and get a chance to test my iphone on it tomoz.
Excellent. Thanks for showing where it is.
Previous:
Old 17-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #17
daz82
In the family since 1996

Ok and now another update.

You can put a usb stick in there and navigate the folders on the HMI and steering wheel controls. you can conect your iphone / ipod via a the normal usb cable supplied but that only controls the ipod function. For sound you must also plug it into the Aux cable. If you have the proper Ford ipod usb cable then that is all you will need for sound and ipod control.
Old 17-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #18
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Ok and now another update.

You can put a usb stick in there and navigate the folders on the HMI and steering wheel controls. you can conect your iphone / ipod via a the normal usb cable supplied but that only controls the ipod function. For sound you must also plug it into the Aux cable. If you have the proper Ford ipod usb cable then that is all you will need for sound and ipod control.
This must be a usb to iPod connector isn't it? Surely you can get one from Officeworks or similar and not pay the Ford cost.
Previous:
Old 17-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #19
daz82
In the family since 1996

There is the full intergrated one that can handle charging, audio and navigation. This is your normal for accessory item. Which from memory is: $50 Part number should be identical to the WS Fiesta item: 8M5J 19C142 AA

The alternative (That i would do) is to use a normal iPod to USB computer cable and a Aux cable together to do the same thing. But a new good quality one of each of those would still cost you around $25 or so for the pair.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:38 PM   #20
Ensvensk
Starter Motor

Default ipod integration

Quote:
There is the full intergrated one that can handle charging, audio and navigation. This is your normal for accessory item. Which from memory is: $50 Part number should be identical to the WS Fiesta item: 8M5J 19C142 AA

The alternative (That i would do) is to use a normal iPod to USB computer cable and a Aux cable together to do the same thing. But a new good quality one of each of those would still cost you around $25 or so for the pair.
Also worth doing an ebay search on BMW ipod cable idrive....same cable and cheaper than getting it from a Ford dealer
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BMW-iPOD-CABL...ht_2146wt_1167
Ensvensk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2009, 09:22 AM   #21
tomtomXR5
Starter Motor

Does anyone have a picture of the Ford iPod Cable? I am trying to get my iPhone to behave properly in my XR5 but it seems to have its own mind.
tomtomXR5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post