Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-02-2006, 06:11 PM   #1
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

Default Where to go from here???

Well...the Rapid-xr6 had her 15,000km service today and all is sweet. However i am still having an on-going fued with my local ford dealer about the extremely poor paint qaulity in the engine bay, the RR paint is so thin you can see the undercoat as clearly as elephant knackers on a dog. Also the inner lips of the bonnet are the same. There was no problem getting a couple of other factory blemishes corrected but they are not willing to move on re-spraying the shocker engine bay.
So the question i poise is....Where do i go from here??
forget about it?? : not friggin' likely!
Keep pushing them some more? : Maybe off a cliff!
Or write a letter to somone that do's not give a toss?

Zoll.

rapidxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 11:34 PM   #2
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well given the attitude in todays consumer world...unless you are prepared to spend about 10k to prove your point....suck it up and be glad your dealer will still deal with you.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 11:37 PM   #3
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

UP! Sorry had to say that. Maybe complain to Ford itself or goto another dealer.

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 11:52 AM   #4
phoon
BOLLOCKS

As far back as I can remember (which is usually on a couple of minutes), what was the topic again? OH yeah paint, Ford have never been able to get the paint right. GMH have always had better factory paint jobs. In this day and age, you would think that the paint would be the last thing you could get wrong.
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 08:43 PM   #5
Bossxr8
Peter Car

The engine bays all have low quality paint, its not the proper paint used on the exterior but a colored tinter/clearcoat.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 09:21 PM   #6
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
The engine bays all have low quality paint, its not the proper paint used on the exterior but a colored tinter/clearcoat.
And I thought this had all changed?? I had the first blood orange pursuit built, and the engine bay was a disgrace, looked like red oxide primer! Ford (FPV) wouldn't budge on improving it.. And then after the multitude of similar rants they started properly painting the engine bay plus clear coating it. Has this stopped? or was it ONLY FPV's?
Knowing Ford NOT FPV do the paint, surely this would now be across the board on ALL models?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 09:40 PM   #7
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

Quote:
Thanks Boss.. clears up the question in my head. when talking to the panel shop fella at my ford dealer he said he had never seen 'clear' sprayed on so thickly, i commented..the clear's so thick cos the RR is so thin, would rust threw otherwise... BUT after reading your comment.. it makes perfect sense.
Just another cost cutter... i got a qoute from a reputable crash repairer to have the engine resprayed...anywhere from $1500-$2200... don't think i'll go that far yet.
CHEERS!! :
rapidxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 09:45 PM   #8
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliewool
And I thought this had all changed?? I had the first blood orange pursuit built, and the engine bay was a disgrace, looked like red oxide primer! Ford (FPV) wouldn't budge on improving it.. And then after the multitude of similar rants they started properly painting the engine bay plus clear coating it. Has this stopped? or was it ONLY FPV's?
Knowing Ford NOT FPV do the paint, surely this would now be across the board on ALL models?
They used to be plain black, that was the change, to a colored clear coat. Better than black but it doesn't look the same as the exterior paint and it is as thin as they could probably get it. It was only FPV's and XR's that got that as well, XT's etc still get black.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 10:29 PM   #9
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
They used to be plain black, that was the change, to a colored clear coat. Better than black but it doesn't look the same as the exterior paint and it is as thin as they could probably get it. It was only FPV's and XR's that got that as well, XT's etc still get black.
I think you'll find only certain coloured cars got the Matt black treatment, Merc silver for one.. The Oranges, reds, blueprints had A coat of "colour" (If you'd call it that?) But NO clear until around end of 2003 or early 04
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post