Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #11
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

Default Re: What problems have you had with your Mondeo?

Quote:
Another thing, the capless fuel filler is playing up, sometimes very hard to get the filler nozzle into the neck, the little flap wont open. Of to dealer land I suppose for this one.
Had this problem last week & had the dealer check it out while the car was in getting the faulty left hand indicator phantom activation problem looked at.

Dealer said the pump must have been faulty & to use the plastic adapter nozzle supplied with the car. They said it worked fine & it did when I filled it after picking the car up. Although I had used the "faulty" bowser previously I have a feeling the nozzle was smaller than the one I use regularly. Waiting to see if it happens again.

Faulty indicators will be fixed when new switch arrives late next week. Extremely frustrating that virtually no parts seem to be stocked for these vehicles in Brisbane. Every time something needs fixing you have to return a second or third time to have it sorted.

Other issues Iv'e had were:

Outside Air Temp sender faulted first week I had it.

Parking sensors played up for a while then came good.

RH tweeter buzzing - replaced but didn't fix the problem

Stereo replaced after dropping RH channels occasionally & speakers distorting.
This still occurred a few times since replacement & dealer now says that it has something to do with the AM tuners in modern day vehicles. Happens in other models also. Must agree I havn't had an issue when listening to FM or the USB.

Think that's enough problems for the eighteen months Iv'e had the vehicle. Had similar ongoing niggles with my previous two Fairmonts & was hoping this car would be better in that department.

Despite that I still love driving the thing & wouldn't swap it back for a Falcon/Fairmont.
Ros5co is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post