Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 19-06-2021, 02:40 PM   #11611
Warrenk

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Would think any one with a fridge could dish it out, some ones telling porkies. https://www.pfizer.com/news/hot-topi...ion_fact_sheet
- The vaccine can be stored for five days at refrigerated 2-8°C conditions.
After storage for up to 30 days in the Pfizer thermal shipper, vaccination centers can transfer the vials to 2-8°C storage conditions for an additional five days, for a total of up to 35 days. Once thawed and stored under 2-8°C conditions, the vials cannot be re-frozen or stored under frozen condition
As well as leesa's answer this could be the main reason GPs don't handle it.

From the TGA site "COMIRNATY is diluted with saline prior to administration. The diluted vaccine, in either vials or syringes can be stored or transported at room temperatures of up to 30°C for up to 6 hours. The preparer of the reconstituted vaccine must be careful to manage microbiological risks and package integrity, particularly for prepared dosing syringes."
Old 19-06-2021, 02:51 PM   #11612
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To be honest if a satellite medical hub or GP i couldn't handle what i see as basic medical practice theres no way i would want to stick me with any sort injection of any type.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-06-2021, 03:29 PM   #11613
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

‘No rush' to reopen international borders: Trade Minister

Quote:
Trade Minister Dan Tehan says the federal government is negotiating with Singapore about a potential travel bubble with Australia, but is in "no rush to open the borders" to international travel.

His comments came after Prime Minister Scott Morrison told The Weekend Australian the government would spend the next six months monitoring the spread of new COVID-19 variants overseas, and the effectiveness of vaccines against those variants, before making a decision on reopening international borders.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...?ocid=msedgntp
This user likes this post:
Old 19-06-2021, 03:50 PM   #11614
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
The media have done a great disservice to our vaccine rollout when it comes to AZ.
Yes and I wish "experts" and officials would come out with more educational materials, be it ads or just info sessions. As far as I'm aware, to date, no one has died (or had severe TTS?) from 2nd AZ shot, so those with 2nd shot hesitancy needs that information.

Pfizer on the other hand, the more severe reactions come after 2nd dose...so wait for it. I had slight reaction to first dose, but I just pretend it made me stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_doofey View Post
How have people gone with getting their vaccination?
I've just had my second shot (Pfizer) on Thursday. I had a sore arm after the first shot, and no side effects after the second shot.

I did get a cold after getting the first shot, but that I blame on the kids as they passed their colds on to me.
I had sore arm day 2, made changing gears a bit of a PIA. Day 2 night I felt really hot, but no fever or temp. Then fine. 2nd shot not till another 3 weeks.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 19-06-2021, 03:56 PM   #11615
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well this isn't going to help AZ. A cynic may think there is a concerted effort to undermine AZ (distributed at cost price) for the benefit of "for profit" vaccines.

Springsteen’s back on Broadway – but no AstraZeneca vaccine recipients allowed

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...eneca-broadway

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 19-06-2021, 05:01 PM   #11616
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Yes and I wish "experts" and officials would come out with more educational materials, be it ads or just info sessions. As far as I'm aware, to date, no one has died (or had severe TTS?) from 2nd AZ shot, so those with 2nd shot hesitancy needs that information.

Pfizer on the other hand, the more severe reactions come after 2nd dose...so wait for it. I had slight reaction to first dose, but I just pretend it made me stronger.

I had sore arm day 2, made changing gears a bit of a PIA. Day 2 night I felt really hot, but no fever or temp. Then fine. 2nd shot not till another 3 weeks.
I'm getting my second dose of AZ in about 6 weeks, the 1st one didn't knock me off and I doubt the 2nd one will cause problems then I'm done dusted with the vaccine for a while, hopefully those pricks in state governments allow me & others are who are fully vaccinated to travel interstate uninterrupted or by almighty god I will start an insurrection in this country of ours.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-06-2021, 05:17 PM   #11617
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
I'm getting my second dose of AZ in about 6 weeks, the 1st one didn't knock me off and I doubt the 2nd one will cause problems then I'm done dusted with the vaccine for a while, hopefully those pricks in state governments allow me & others are who are fully vaccinated to travel interstate uninterrupted or by almighty god I will start an insurrection in this country of ours.
I think you are going to be an angry boy, cos I can't see that happening until we have hit 50-60% vaccination. Vaccinated people can still transmit. That would be like asking the feds to open up international for the vaccinated people.

Look at UK, delta is on the rise, and they have had to postpone their freedumb day for another 4 weeks. I think the 4 weeks is to buy them time to see if the increase in cases causes increase in hospitalisations. If not, then they are going to open up, regardless of cases, my guess.

Rides (past and present)

Old 19-06-2021, 05:25 PM   #11618
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_doofey View Post
How have people gone with getting their vaccination?
I've just had my second shot (Pfizer) on Thursday. I had a sore arm after the first shot, and no side effects after the second shot.

I did get a cold after getting the first shot, but that I blame on the kids as they passed their colds on to me.
I'm due to get my second dose of Pfizer on Monday, Just hope that I'm able o still get it.

First jab, I just had a sore arm. Nothing bad, tho. Just felt like someone had punched me in the arm. I also had trouble sleeping for a couple of nights a few nights after the jab, but I can't be sure that it was related.

I'll update again on Monday after I've had the second jab if anyone is interested.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
3 users like this post:
Old 19-06-2021, 06:48 PM   #11619
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Fresh push for plan to restart cruising in Australia

Quote:
A cruise company is fighting Canberra to have the industry kickstarted in Australia.

President of Carnival Australia and P&O Sture Myrmell joined groups affected by the ban after it was extended last week to September 17.

Produce growers, travel agents, tour operators, marine engineering services and entertainers have said they are suffering without the income created by the multi-billion dollar industry.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...3-01a6e6f9056f

but meanwhile...

Royal Caribbean postpones inaugural ship sailing after 8 crew members test positive for Covid-19

Quote:
Royal Caribbean postponed the inaugural sailing of its cruise ship Odyssey of the Seas after eight vaccinated crew members tested positive for Covid-19, the company's CEO said.
https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...vid/index.html

and

2 passengers on Celebrity Millennium cruise test positive for coronavirus

Quote:
Two guests aboard the first major sea cruise hosting Americans since the pandemic halted the industry have tested positive for coronavirus in required end-of-cruise testing, the cruise line said Thursday.
https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...sts/index.html

Cruise line pulls pin on Australia

Quote:
Major cruise line Cunard has cancelled its campaign of summer voyages around Australia as ongoing international border closures deal another blow to the struggling tourism industry.

The 180-year-old British operator, part of the Carnival Corp *stable, announced on Wednesday night it was pulling the pin on all voyages in Australia and New Zealand for 2021-22. Ongoing Covid complexities also mean it has cancelled two world voyages scheduled to call here next year.

There are fears Cunard is merely one in a series of cruise-*industry dominoes set to fall as uncertainty continues about when foreign-flagged ships will be allowed into Australian waters.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/tra...16df8f674ac64c

Yeah, nup.

THE CRUISER’S ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GUIDE

But if all else fails and you do find yourself sharing the bay Marie with the undead at breakfast then...

https://www.goport.com/blog/the-crui...urvival-guide/

Last edited by FairmontGS; 19-06-2021 at 06:56 PM.
6 users like this post:
Old 19-06-2021, 07:52 PM   #11620
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
I think you are going to be an angry boy, cos I can't see that happening until we have hit 50-60% vaccination. Vaccinated people can still transmit. That would be like asking the feds to open up international for the vaccinated people.

Look at UK, delta is on the rise, and they have had to postpone their freedumb day for another 4 weeks. I think the 4 weeks is to buy them time to see if the increase in cases causes increase in hospitalisations. If not, then they are going to open up, regardless of cases, my guess.
T3 I know that; my comment was just tongue in cheek. I'm so over being angry when you have fools calling the shots here in Vic but must admit North Australia is looking good to relocate to.
Cheers
Old 19-06-2021, 07:57 PM   #11621
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Fresh push for plan to restart cruising in Australia

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...3-01a6e6f9056f

but meanwhile...

Royal Caribbean postpones inaugural ship sailing after 8 crew members test positive for Covid-19

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...vid/index.html

and

2 passengers on Celebrity Millennium cruise test positive for coronavirus

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...sts/index.html

Cruise line pulls pin on Australia

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/tra...16df8f674ac64c

Yeah, nup.

THE CRUISER’S ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GUIDE

But if all else fails and you do find yourself sharing the bay Marie with the undead at breakfast then...

https://www.goport.com/blog/the-crui...urvival-guide/
Think you have to be a brave soul taking a cruise atm, it would be like Russian Roulette to see who is going to be first catching covid.
Old 19-06-2021, 08:03 PM   #11622
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
T3 I know that; my comment was just tongue in cheek. I'm so over being angry when you have fools calling the shots here in Vic but must admit North Australia is looking good to relocate to.
Cheers
Funny, cos I've received a couple of cold calls recently asking if I would be willing to relocate to Brissy for jobs. Tempting, then I put my long term lense on and.....nahhhh.

You can join the 16,000 others, then when you realise your mistake, you can come back in 3 years time and pay $2m for a suburban 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom house.

I do welcome back cashed up expats when we properly reopen borders.

Rides (past and present)

Old 19-06-2021, 09:01 PM   #11623
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Funny, cos I've received a couple of cold calls recently asking if I would be willing to relocate to Brissy for jobs. Tempting, then I put my long term lense on and.....nahhhh.

You can join the 16,000 others, then when you realise your mistake, you can come back in 3 years time and pay $2m for a suburban 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom house.

I do welcome back cashed up expats when we properly reopen borders.
Nah won't be any mistakes that I can assure you, sell one house and rent the other.

You are correct though so many people do return after realising their plans were not as one expected.
Cheers
Old 19-06-2021, 09:46 PM   #11624
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Yes AZ has risks but every medical act, as well as life in general has an element of risk.

They need to compare the AZ risks to other actions we do every day to show how minor the risks are in reality.

I think a marketing campaign comparing AZ clotting risks to things like:

* getting struck by lightning
* having an accident on the way to vaccination
* getting food poisoning
* breaking a leg playing sports
* having a heart attack
* catching covid and developing long term problems

Will show that the risk of not getting it may be worse than other risks we accept every day.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I recognize this line of logic as "fallacious relative pervasion" and is a failure of clear thinking in the year 11 high school curriculum...(well when I was doing it.)

Sorry my bullet killed you...but I had 5 more in the revolver that I didn't use on you....

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 20-06-2021, 06:12 AM   #11625
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
To be honest if a satellite medical hub or GP i couldn't handle what i see as basic medical practice theres no way i would want to stick me with any sort injection of any type.
Depends how sick you are!!

Cheers King Billy
Old 20-06-2021, 06:16 AM   #11626
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
I recognize this line of logic as "fallacious relative pervasion" and is a failure of clear thinking in the year 11 high school curriculum...(well when I was doing it.)

Sorry my bullet killed you...but I had 5 more in the revolver that I didn't use on you....
Reminds me of my old 70's bumper sticker!.lol..

SORRY, BUT MY KARMA JUST RUN OVER YOUR DOGMA,..

Cheers King Billy
Old 20-06-2021, 06:34 AM   #11627
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

From this ABC News article:

Quote:
NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard said it had become apparent in past few days the Delta virus strain was a "near and present danger".

"It is a virus that is very capable of transmitting even when we have very fleeting proximity between the individual who is infectious, and any of us who might be passing by," Mr Hazzard said.

CCTV footage showed the case detected on Friday, a man in his 50s, caught the virus from the limousine driver — the original case from the Eastern suburbs cluster — after they were briefly standing near each other in the Myer store at Bondi Junction Westfield.

"It would appear he was somewhere in the range of between 10 and possibly 50-60 centimetres away in a passing situation," Mr Hazzard said.

"Each had stood not far away from each other from a very short period of time and then it would appear that one of them possibly moved through the airspace that the other one had occupied."
I would like to see this “fleeting proximity”. Surely the footage could be released; it would balance out skepticism and reasonably moderate fear of proximists who fleeted.

Last edited by Citroënbender; 20-06-2021 at 06:40 AM.
Old 20-06-2021, 09:01 AM   #11628
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Well Pravda The Age has certainly turned against its former ALP masters...

Former AMA president takes aim at Andrews government, calls for COVID royal commission

Quote:
Outgoing Australian Medical Association Victoria president Julian Rait has called for a royal commission into the nation's response to the pandemic and taken aim at the Victorian government's culture of defensiveness.

Professor Rait - who previously likened the state government's response to the pandemic to "watching a slow car crash" - said the key reason for a royal commission was for governments to learn from past mistakes.

"In life, unless you're prepared to acknowledge mistakes you won't grow and that's my concern about some of our institutions, particularly the Victorian government where there is this long-standing culture of defensiveness," he said.

In an exit interview with The Sunday Age, Professor Rait, who stepped down last month, said he believes the almost 3000 healthcare worker COVID-19 infections reported last year were avoidable and caused by an abject failure of health authorities to accept the threat of airborne transmission.

The crisis was further fuelled by a dire shortage of highly protective gear such as N95 masks, he said.

Professor Rait - who previously likened the state government's response to the pandemic to "watching a slow car crash" - said the key reason for a royal commission was for governments to learn from past mistakes.

"In life, unless you're prepared to acknowledge mistakes you won't grow and that's my concern about some of our institutions, particularly the Victorian government where there is this long-standing culture of defensiveness," he said.

"Governments want to be able to spin, deflect or obfuscate because that avoids having to deal with the difficult questions and also the hard investment decisions that would arise as a consequence of an inquiry. But unless we do this we are going to be prone to making the same mistakes all over again in the next pandemic."

Professor Rait believes dedicated coronavirus hospitals will be needed in the future to free up the state's healthcare system and stop inevitable outbreaks of the more highly infectious variants of COVID-19 that were emerging.

"It is a obviously a contentious issue," said Professor Rait, who led the Victorian branch of the influential doctors' group for three years, serving an extra year in the role owing to the coronavirus outbreak. "But you're probably going to have to have a purpose-built facility to really do it properly."

His daughter, Louise, was a medical intern at the Royal Melbourne Hospital last year when it became the centre of the nation's largest institutional coronavirus outbreak among healthcare workers. More than 260 staff caught coronavirus between July 1 and August 31.

"I felt responsibility to do everything I could to protect healthcare workers," Professor Rait said. "But as a father with a daughter working on the frontline the anxiety was palpable."

At the height of Melbourne's deadly second wave of coronavirus, and in the midst of a punishing 112-day lockdown, Professor Rait said he barely slept. His phone did not stop ringing.

The ophthalmologist was working late into the night as the Victorian head of the Australian Medical Association, before spending hours reading the endless flow of scientific literature emerging on the then mysterious virus.

Each day brought news of more COVID-19 outbreaks. Victoria's contact tracing system was collapsing. Testing systems were overwhelmed. Healthcare workers were being infected in their thousands, and some were so sick they were in intensive care wards fighting for their lives.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/melbo...edgdhp&pc=U531
Old 20-06-2021, 10:18 AM   #11629
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I also had trouble sleeping for a couple of nights a few nights after the jab, but I can't be sure that it was related
I also had trouble sleeping on the first night too, but I put that down to the sore arm and perhaps rolling over on to it during the night.

Over two full days now since second Pfizer shot and still no side effects for me.
Old 20-06-2021, 11:59 AM   #11630
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT June 19th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

13 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.001%.

No cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.958% and active cases 23.

The UK had a lower 10,075 cases yesterday and higher 14 deaths.

A higher 14,050 new cases in the USA yesterday and higher 386 deaths sees CMR at 1.794%.

Other notable points (weekend reporting):
Brazil passes 0.5M deaths;

No countries
... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day
average and Bahrain drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 20-06-2021, 01:02 PM   #11631
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
From this ABC News article:

I would like to see this “fleeting proximity”. Surely the footage could be released; it would balance out skepticism and reasonably moderate fear of proximists who fleeted.
Well, according to Captain Janeway of the Federation Starship Enterprise, a "fleeting proximity" could be as close as 70,000 Light years!...lol!

Cheers King Billy
Old 20-06-2021, 01:45 PM   #11632
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Well Pravda The Age has certainly turned against its former ALP masters...

Former AMA president takes aim at Andrews government, calls for COVID royal commission

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/melbo...edgdhp&pc=U531

"Professor Rait believes dedicated coronavirus hospitals will be needed in the future to free up the state's healthcare system and stop inevitable outbreaks of the more highly infectious variants of COVID-19 that were emerging."
Does harry hindsight mean like the Fairfield Infectious Diseases Hospital?

https://heritage.darebinlibraries.vi...au/article/122

Quote:
The driving factor behind these changes was the rationalisation of hospital services undertaken by the Liberal Government of Jeff Kennett. Despite a large number of protests the government proceeded to enact the recommendations and on 30 June 1996 Fairfield Infectious Diseases Hospital closed down.

Rides (past and present)

Old 20-06-2021, 03:43 PM   #11633
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One for our friend Zilo...

https://www.michaelwest.com.au/gover...-in-july-2020/

Quote:
Norman Swan, host of Radio National’s Health Report, recently revealed that in a meeting on July 10 the Federal Government met with Pfizer.

Three sources told Swan that the Federal Government sent an inexperienced procurement officer to the meeting who “started nickel and diming on the costs”.

Pfizer had allegedly wanted to make an example out of Australia about how to properly conduct a vaccine rollout, similarly to how Israeli handled theirs. Instead, the Federal Government came back in November 2020 and ordered only 10 million doses of Pfizer.

According to Swan, Pfizer told the Australian Government that the company would provide any number of vaccines, yet the offer was rejected. The UK, on the other hand, went with a strategy of backing every horse, taking options out with all vaccine producing companies.

Rides (past and present)

3 users like this post:
Old 20-06-2021, 07:07 PM   #11634
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Rapid Covid tests SHUNNED by Dan Andrews has condemned snowfields

Quote:
Victorian ski fields face another bleak winter thanks to a pig-headed Labor government that refuses to take its foot off the throat of its tired citizens.

On Wednesday, Melburnians were told they would require proof that they had received a negative polymerase chain reaction Covid test within the past 72 hours before they would be allowed onto a Victorian ski field.

The decree by Premier Daniel Andrews' government will mean children as young as three will need to be tested before being allowed to glide down a snowy hill on a toboggan.

On Wednesday, Melburnians were told they would require proof that they had received a negative polymerase chain reaction Covid test within the past 72 hours before they would be allowed onto a Victorian ski field.

The decree by Premier Daniel Andrews' government will mean children as young as three will need to be tested before being allowed to glide down a snowy hill on a toboggan.

The requirement has all but destroyed the weekend for countless Melburnians who had planned a trip to the snowfields after being released from their 25km Covid compliant cages.

Just across the New South Wales border, Thredbo and Perisher are able to operate as normal despite that state recording two new cases overnight.

Thousands of ordinary Melburnians had accessed Victoria's alpine resorts each winter up until last year when Mr Andrews' Covid blunders shut them all down.

It was his useless quarantine hotel scheme that destroyed the ski season and ended the lives of hundreds of elderly Victorians.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...?ocid=msedgntp
3 users like this post:
Old 20-06-2021, 08:26 PM   #11635
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

This from the ABC has me a bit baffled and unsettled:

Quote:
…Two locally acquired cases were recorded in the 24 hours to 8:00pm on Saturday — a man in his 30s, which was announced yesterday morning, and the other a household contact of his.
And then:
Quote:
…Since 8:00pm yesterday, NSW Health recorded two additional cases of locally acquired transmission. These two cases will be officially recorded in tomorrow’s numbers.
So, yesterday daytime, they knew of two “new cases” but announced just one. Later that day they discovered two more, announced them today and will credit them to the head count tomorrow! No wonder we’re a country famous for tax capers. Why can’t they just have a real-time tally as the primary focus instead of daily updates where the data is preloaded?

Plus we’re on the verge of doing it again with vaccines, the old software marketing cry of “Coming real soon now” for the local mRNA trials (implicit that they will lead to uptake and are better than present offerings).
2 users like this post:
Old 20-06-2021, 11:57 PM   #11636
zilo
BANNED

So...a limousine driver tests positive and the contact tracing goes on and on.

No mention of the fact that he probably got it from all the international crews tht he was ferrying every day.

just same old same old...plane loads keep infecting us but our govt insists on letting infected passengers and crew in by the plane load.

Oh great...they tested positive before boarding the flight.

Obviously 14 days is not long enough to be "all clear" .....

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
2 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2021, 08:43 AM   #11637
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

According to a trending TikTok video, only hot people get Pfizer. Congratulations, therefore, are due to our newly minted hotties and hotettes on this Forum. And to my 90-year old spinster neighbour, as well.

https://www.tiktok.com/@idrinkurmilk...23620133031173
Old 21-06-2021, 09:25 AM   #11638
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
So...a limousine driver tests positive and the contact tracing goes on and on.

No mention of the fact that he probably got it from all the international crews tht he was ferrying every day.

just same old same old...plane loads keep infecting us but our govt insists on letting infected passengers and crew in by the plane load.

Oh great...they tested positive before boarding the flight.

Obviously 14 days is not long enough to be "all clear" .....
You ever thought that they need the "money", maybe that's all they have left, scraps from other countries!...lol.
I wonder if the change in seasons, the trade winds etc are impacting us in Australia, I think folk forget the trade winds because trading sailing ships are obsolete!...personally i think this virus travels in the ozone, just an opinion, but logical to me!

Cheers King Billy
Old 21-06-2021, 10:06 AM   #11639
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

You may be onto something - the fact that the WHO isn't listing ozone as a myth means they have virtually admitted it's the cause.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...BwE#exercising
Old 21-06-2021, 10:37 AM   #11640
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

So figured I would get a quicker response than trying the hot line, we are booking some flights to Tassie tonight, we are westerns NSW so 5hrs to Sydney or 7hrs to Brisbane.

Can we happily travel through Sydney direct to the airport, fly out and not have to do any quarantine? Does transiting count? Wasnt sure if it was a blanket.

I got done for 14 days after coming back from Vic last month, which was fine I knew the risk, but wanted to avoid that conversation with work again.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Closed Thread