Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 28-11-2017, 07:57 PM   #1
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Default Won't load up new posts ?

In the last day or two I have been having an issue with the site,
When I come online at AFF the 1st thing I usually do is click on the "new posts" tab, which would bring up all the new posts since I was last logged on.

But lately it has come up with a page saying "there is no new posts" but you can click here to view the last posts from 24hrs prior.

When I log off or close down the site, just before hand I have always gone under quick links and clicked on "mark forums read" so that when I come online again I just go to "new posts" as I explained above.

Does anyone know why it is not directing me to the new posts ?
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2017, 12:35 PM   #2
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 
Default Re: Won't load up new posts ?

This is because you have gone under quick links and clicked on "mark forums read".

If you were to then log out and come back a short time after, it is quite possible (depending on the time of day when forum activity is low, like the hours between 2.00 a.m. to 5.00 a.m.) that no new posts have been made. In this case you will get the "there is no new posts but you can click here to view the last posts from 24hrs prior" message which is normal and the system is functioning as it should.

P.S. - Clearing your browser history, cache or using cleaners such as CCleaner as many people do, will NOT affect the issue you describe, as the new posts showing is based on your log in since you last logged out, or new posts made while you are still logged in.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2017, 04:05 PM   #3
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
This is because you have gone under quick links and clicked on "mark forums read".

If you were to then log out and come back a short time after, it is quite possible (depending on the time of day when forum activity is low, like the hours between 2.00 a.m. to 5.00 a.m.) that no new posts have been made. In this case you will get the "there is no new posts but you can click here to view the last posts from 24hrs prior" message which is normal and the system is functioning as it should.

P.S. - Clearing your browser history, cache or using cleaners such as CCleaner as many people do, will NOT affect the issue you describe, as the new posts showing is based on your log in since you last logged out, or new posts made while you are still logged in.
I've always done it that way and never had the issue.

For example the last time I was on was last night. I looked through all the posts and then clicked "mark forums read" via quick links (as I've always done for quite a while now).

Then I jump on the computer just this arvo (the following day) and the first thing I do is go to "new posts" , previously before this issue it would bring up all the new posts since I marked forums read the night before, but it now comes up and says "there are no new posts, click here for all posts 24hrs prior", so I do that and the new posts throughout the day that I've missed are there but so are some of the ones that I've already seen from the day before, as I assume its displayed all posts in a 24 hr period.

I never log in or out of this computer, as its mine and I'm logged on as memory all the time, I just close the page when shutting down the computer and then open up when I come online, but I've always done it this way for years.

It's only been in the last couple of days that when I come online the next day and try to load up all new posts, it says there isn't any but will allow me to load up posts from 24 hrs previously.
Old 29-11-2017, 04:23 PM   #4
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

The other thing I forgot to mention is that it works normally after I have been through the 24 hr way that it now has me doing, i.e. once I have brought up the posts from the last 24 hrs like I did just 15 mins ago, now that I've read through them all, I have waited some time and then clicked on "new posts" and it brings up all the new posts from the last 15 odd mins since I last clicked "mark forums read".

So it seems to be working as normal while I'm on here, it's just the initial first attempt since I shut the computer down ?.
Old 29-11-2017, 09:49 PM   #5
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

It's working perfectly fine on my end using both PC and Mac.

I'd say it's something in your browser settings or an installed extension causing this.

As an experiment, try using a different browser... If on Windows, try Chrome instead of IE.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: