Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 25-11-2018, 02:27 PM   #1
Christon
Starter Motor

Default Few seemingly unrelated issues after install of Android head unit

Hi all, was seeking some advice about an install of the head unit as linked here

I had it installed professionally however afterwards my car was giving an engine malfunction warning, my cruise control was no longer working and my heated seating was no longer working.

I have enquired with the place who did it but they're avoiding my calls and messages, however they did tell me "Did you realize your check engine light is on" so as to claim in advance that their work didn't cause it.

I've replaced head units before but chose to get this done professionally because I was worried I'd do a bad job... well. I pulled my car apart, put the old head unit back in and turned the car on, still saying engine malfunction. I didn't test the cruise control when doing this.

So at this point I was happy to say whatever the car audio guys did it is likely they installed it as planned and as well as possible, and likely didn't realise the engine malfunction warning message wasn't on prior to the install. So at this point I feel they did a legit job just with a few unfortunate consequences. I don't blame them for it because they told me in advance that sometimes these chinese brand units don't come with the right harnesses. Although this one fitted okay, it gave me the impression that they aren't fans of them and sometimes cause problems. However as I say, I put my old one back in and the problem remained. I since put the new one back in and have left it running with the new one.

The head unit runs very well also, if nothing else went wrong with my car, I'd be over the moon with it.

I have tried unplugging and replugging the battery as someone suggested, I have the following DTC codes:

• 90BD13
• C41668

Basically I'm wondering what the problem could be, is it something I could fix myself or take in somewhere?

I have a booking with Autobahn on Friday, but if there's a better resolution that I may be capable of myself I'd prefer that.

The car literally runs great otherwise, if there's a genuine engine malfunction, it doesn't seem too significant.

Thankyou.

Edit: Forgot to mention the car is a Ford Mondeo MA 2009 TDCI Auto

Last edited by Christon; 25-11-2018 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Adding the car model
Christon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2018, 04:30 PM   #2
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: Few seemingly unrelated issues after install of Android head unit

This one looks like the ABS related.

C41668 = U0416-68
U0416 = Invalid Data Received From Vehicle Dynamics Control Module U0416 = Invalid Data Received From Vehicle Dynamics Control Module
68 = DTC Failure Subtype definition for failure category "6".
Event information — This subtype is used by the control module to indicate the detection of a system event that was not caused by the control module itself but forces the control module to store a DTC (eg missing functionality from another system/control module).

Best to get this looked at hopefully it's not needing a new ABS pump but ebay might lessen the blow as I've seen a couple on there (used) but cheap, if it comes to it. I couldn't say what 90BD13 is for now.
Old 25-11-2018, 04:35 PM   #3
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Few seemingly unrelated issues after install of Android head unit

With an engine malfunction warning you need to read the codes with a scanner which can access the Ford specific PCM and TCM fault codes, such as Forscan. These codes have a 'P' at the beginning. Fault in transmission or engine.

The C41668 has 'C' for chassis, maybe TCM or PCM fault forcing other modules to log a fault code.

Plug a suitable Ford specific code reader in the OBD2 port.

https://mk4-wiki.denkdose.de/grundlagen/dtc/start

Last edited by rondeo; 25-11-2018 at 04:42 PM.
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post