Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-12-2018, 07:26 PM   #1
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Fitting new lifters in windsor with heads on

Had a ticking noise coming from the top of the motor, assumed it to be a bad lifter. Pulled the inlet manifold off, took off the rockers and found the pushrod on one of the rockers was stuck to it and sitting further in than the others. Problem found. Had a spare set of YT rockers, so using them and replace all the old ones.Since I have new lifters I thought I might as well put them in. Problem is I can't fit the first and last ones in. Noticed the original ones are tapered at the bottom but the new ones are not.
Any way these can be fitted or do I have to take off the heads.
Old 27-12-2018, 08:58 PM   #2
BOTTLEDUP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fitting new lifters in windsor with heads on

If it has the factory buckets yes it can be done with heads on. Link bar lifters require head removal.
BOTTLEDUP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2018, 09:04 PM   #3
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've got Crow lifters and they are not tapered at the base like the originals. Looks like I have to get a tapered set if I don't want to take off the heads.
Old 29-12-2018, 06:57 PM   #4
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got another set of lifters that can be fitted with the heads on.
Just another question on something else. Got the Felpro gasket kit and noticed instead of cork for the ends of the inlet manifold the have a blue rubber gasket.
Are these better to use or still use silicon instead of them.