Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-03-2024, 05:45 PM   #5701
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger1960 View Post
There are some seriously disturbed people in this world, and speaking of woman's shoes............

Here in Adelaide, in the 1980's, a friend of my cousin was called up for jury duty. The court case involved this guy, who would stand naked by his open lounge window, that faced the fromt of the house. He held a woman's shoe in one hand, and his dick in the other hand, and would masturbate in to the shoe when people walked past on the footpath. Needless to say, somebody called the cops, and he ended up in front of the judge.

I don't care how people get their rocks off, but please shut the curtains, nobody wants to see stuff like that, least of all kids.
Wot sort of shoe was it?

Asking for a friend.
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 22-03-2024, 07:00 PM   #5702
Roger1960

Smile Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Wot sort of shoe was it?

Asking for a friend.
Asking for a friend eh ? A likely story Cav.
3 users like this post:
Old 22-03-2024, 07:05 PM   #5703
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Vans crossflow exhaust leak from yesterday getting worse.

Unfortunately can not determine if its the head to manifold gasket leaking or just at the exhaust pipe flange.

Fortunately the local Burson's had both gaskets on the shelf.

Unfortunately I don't have all the tools I need to fix it while away. EGR pipe etc.

Wondering if the unleaded cat XF's have a exhaust engine pipe flange gasket as I was told they don't, parts books shows they do.

Now not sure I want to fix it while away due to the possibility of snapping an exhaust manifold stud.

Bummer, hopefully it won't get to loud until after Easter Tuesday.
6cyl falcons had steel flange rings as originals.The aftermarket ones are fibre,but they are useless.Probably looking worth around and see if Ford still have the steels.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-03-2024, 07:54 PM   #5704
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

VENTING...............

In a lot of cases, being in customer service can be extremely rewarding, especially younger customers new to gardening that appreciate the assistance and knowledge I provide. I also enjoy the contented older customers who know you by name and are easy going. However, some days in customer service are like fingernails down a black board. And I say "days" because it's almost like all the F/Wits come out of the woodwork together.

And so, when I looked up from pruning roses, I noticed a regular pest. Now, I know that interaction with this particular lady never leads to much other than wasting 45 minutes and the sale of a single punnet of seedlings. And so, I tend to leave her to it or find others to serve who will reward my effort with a decent sale.

And so, as I was advising a couple on some quite expensive potential purchases, this woman followed me around, then butted in and dragged me away to answer a trivial question on a $8 punnet of seedlings. And then the phone comes out to show me something pointless, then asked questions that only she could decide. I then waved a colleague to attend to the customers who I had been serving. In the end, I managed to get away from her while she went to get her money from the car.

While we don't get commissioned for sales, I was very annoyed at loosing what would have been a more lucrative and more productive use of my time to the boss.

Throw in a grumpy woman who always asks questions but never listens to the answer because she is queuing up the next question, then complains about the price. Or the boisterous guy who appeared drunk and accompanied by a lady who wanted to look at something particular..........but acknowledged she had no intention to buy it. Or random phone calls from people wanting to talk to an expert and not someone who doesn't know anything.

It's lucky it went somewhat quiet after 3.30, I would have gone postal if I had to deal with any more...................
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2024, 11:13 AM   #5705
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
VENTING...............

In a lot of cases, being in customer service can be extremely rewarding, especially younger customers new to gardening that appreciate the assistance and knowledge I provide. I also enjoy the contented older customers who know you by name and are easy going. However, some days in customer service are like fingernails down a black board. And I say "days" because it's almost like all the F/Wits come out of the woodwork together.

And so, when I looked up from pruning roses, I noticed a regular pest. Now, I know that interaction with this particular lady never leads to much other than wasting 45 minutes and the sale of a single punnet of seedlings. And so, I tend to leave her to it or find others to serve who will reward my effort with a decent sale.

And so, as I was advising a couple on some quite expensive potential purchases, this woman followed me around, then butted in and dragged me away to answer a trivial question on a $8 punnet of seedlings. And then the phone comes out to show me something pointless, then asked questions that only she could decide. I then waved a colleague to attend to the customers who I had been serving. In the end, I managed to get away from her while she went to get her money from the car.

While we don't get commissioned for sales, I was very annoyed at loosing what would have been a more lucrative and more productive use of my time to the boss.

Throw in a grumpy woman who always asks questions but never listens to the answer because she is queuing up the next question, then complains about the price. Or the boisterous guy who appeared drunk and accompanied by a lady who wanted to look at something particular..........but acknowledged she had no intention to buy it. Or random phone calls from people wanting to talk to an expert and not someone who doesn't know anything.

It's lucky it went somewhat quiet after 3.30, I would have gone postal if I had to deal with any more...................
Book a holiday, sounds like you need one. By the way all jobs have their negative moments, believe me I have my moments at work where I feel like just walking away and never come back, just a sad reality.
Cheers
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2024, 01:08 PM   #5706
randel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
VENTING...............

The joys of retail and dealing with the public - I am sure there was a full moon last week with the amount of shit I had to deal with!!

Toys - 351 XY Falcon and FG GT
randel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2024, 01:12 PM   #5707
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by randel View Post
The joys of retail and dealing with the public - I am sure there was a full moon last week with the amount of shit I had to deal with!!
Tonight, so you better beware.

Last edited by roKWiz; 24-03-2024 at 01:40 PM.
roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2024, 01:23 PM   #5708
.:4:.
Kicking back

I used to love the callouts from office managers for no lights in an area. They would walk you to said area and when i would flick the light switch on theyd remark "i could have done that". My response would be "well, you didnt, sign here please".
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2024, 05:00 PM   #5709
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I used to love the callouts from office managers for no lights in an area. They would walk you to said area and when i would flick the light switch on theyd remark "i could have done that". My response would be "well, you didnt, sign here please".
Where I currently work, we have a few light towers that will do the odd C/B trip out, by our company safety policy we are not allowed to reset breakers, must get the sparky, go figure.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2024, 05:28 PM   #5710
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Where I currently work, we have a few light towers that will do the odd C/B trip out, by our company safety policy we are not allowed to reset breakers, must get the sparky, go figure.
Only reason that is is because liability. The reason for that is a tripped circuit has to be diagnosed before reset. So that has to be by a sparky. Then the liabilty is on them if they stuff up, as in reset something that is not safe, then job not done properly, duty of care not fulfilled and all that business. Its all about the big L word. The L word is a business owners biggest fear.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2024, 08:15 PM   #5711
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Wot sort of shoe was it?
Type of shoe doesn't matter.
As this is a car forum, was he LHD or RHD, and did he celebrate with a 'shoey' for coming first.

I'm not asking for a friend ......... I don't have any friends.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2024, 04:50 PM   #5712
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Saying goodbye to loved ones that you know you won't see for a while.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2024, 12:09 PM   #5713
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Flight out of newie cancelled due to fog

Next flight is 4 hours later, which means I won't be back into home until 9pm tonight due to limited train services out of melbs. Gonna be a long day..... Happy Easter!

E: customer service rep just came out and announced that he tried to get food vouchers for all impacted customers, but 'they' wouldn't authorise it, due to the cancellation being caused by weather and not an issue within 'their' control. I get it's a budget airline, but do they really need to be so cheap?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0; 31-03-2024 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-04-2024, 12:12 AM   #5714
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

My cat, who cost $50 from the animal shelter, has tonight “lost” his second $40 Bluetooth tracker and $15 collar in three months. Starting to think he’s on the gear and just selling them.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-04-2024, 12:22 AM   #5715
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
My cat, who cost $50 from the animal shelter, has tonight “lost” his second $40 Bluetooth tracker and $15 collar in three months. Starting to think he’s on the gear and just selling them.
So the they them cat (you didn't give it a gender or pronoun or whatever) returned home without a collar?
Old 04-04-2024, 01:06 AM   #5716
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Just curious does the tracker only work with the cat attached.
five 7 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-04-2024, 11:29 AM   #5717
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It should always work, but if he’s shucked it between two structures or in a hollow, the Bluetooth signal may not be very strongly detectable.
This user likes this post:
Old 04-04-2024, 11:31 AM   #5718
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

get the tracker implanted (should be simple op at vet)
Old 04-04-2024, 03:08 PM   #5719
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
get the tracker implanted (should be simple op at vet)
I reckon CB would manage on his own at home
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-04-2024, 09:44 PM   #5720
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 05-04-2024, 11:56 AM   #5721
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It should always work, but if he’s shucked it between two structures or in a hollow, the Bluetooth signal may not be very strongly detectable.
Cb we have android based trackers for our dogs which have a near me function, does yours have this. When our trackers have come off I look in history to were they have been /general location, then wander around my phone it sends out a signal which pings tracker into playing a jingle. Have found them a couple of times this way.
five 7 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2024, 12:07 PM   #5722
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’ve been trying that, the only pings I got were somewhere in a neighbour’s yard, they were too weak to lock on and get a ringtone. Since the rain started up, haven’t had any real luck.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-04-2024, 07:20 PM   #5723
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Today was Ken and Karen day, as always, the rain and school holidays bring out the kooks. The woman putting on a sob story to wrangle a discount on a non-essential purchase the last straw, I was tapped out by then tried to focus on the stock, plants don't answer back.
Mustang GT

4 users like this post:
Old 06-04-2024, 09:08 PM   #5724
fatgas
Purveyor of fine filth

Quote:
Today was Ken and Karen day, as always, the rain and school holidays bring out the kooks. The woman putting on a sob story to wrangle a discount on a non-essential purchase the last straw, I was tapped out by then tried to focus on the stock, plants don't answer back.

And the plants have more brains.
fatgas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2024, 09:14 PM   #5725
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgas View Post
And the plants have more brains.
Plants are smarter than you would think, and waaaay smarter than some of the customers I deal with.
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 07-04-2024, 12:00 PM   #5726
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Latest collar and tracker now recovered from a pawnbroker’s shop in Campsie nearby backyard.

It was under some shrubbery, certainly being wet with rainwater would have created a Faraday Cage style effect.
Old 10-04-2024, 03:14 PM   #5727
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

My day at the Zoo

I had a auction car passed yesterday, so this morning at 8am I thought I would go get it licenced at the local DOT, I pull into the carpark and line up to go into a bay and get carved up by a P plater who just shot into the bay at full speed, after giving him the old Knob puller hand gesture I grabbed another bay, so I stroll up to the front to be confronted with a line of people outside the door, the place was open but full, finally get in the door and was greeted by a smart **** attendant who spoke like I had just ruined her day, as I have done this well over 1000 times I said "I know what I need to do so I will just grab a ticket", I got a "nope you need to tell me what you are here for so I can direct you to the right area", so I told her, she then asks if it will be cash or card, I say cash, she then tells me its a longer wait because I have cash, WTF?, anyway I get in and there is nowhere to sit so I stand against the wall between a guy dressed as a woman and a Asian fella, there are 13 windows that they can use with 6 people working at them, there would have been well over 100 people in there, well the 3 hour wait was full of entertainment as there are some pretty screwed up people out there;

Anyway while I'm waiting I hear the attendant asking people questions and then saying we have a priority customer service then ushering people over to a section where the people were being served pretty much straight away ( obviously meet the quick customer criteria and paying by card), the Asian guy next to me keeps farting and staring at his phone like nothing happened and he stinks, the man/woman is taking to her/his lover on the phone working out what special meal he/she is getting tonight, finally my number is called, I get the attendant that served me when I came in?, so I finally get the car registered after 3 hours of the incompetent government departments finest workers doing what they do best, nothing!
prktkljokr is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2024, 11:16 PM   #5728
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Received a letter from NDIS about my disabled brother and his next plan.
Kept using pronouns instead of him and his.
Now I don't ever remember ticking any box asking how he identifies.
To be honest it pi$$ed me off because these pronoun people would probably be a very small percentage of their clientele, yet they lumber everyone with pronouns to keep a few loopy lou's happy.
7 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2024, 08:28 AM   #5729
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
My day at the Zoo

I had a auction car passed yesterday, so this morning at 8am I thought I would go get it licenced at the local DOT, I pull into the carpark and line up to go into a bay and get carved up by a P plater who just shot into the bay at full speed, after giving him the old Knob puller hand gesture I grabbed another bay, so I stroll up to the front to be confronted with a line of people outside the door, the place was open but full, finally get in the door and was greeted by a smart **** attendant who spoke like I had just ruined her day, as I have done this well over 1000 times I said "I know what I need to do so I will just grab a ticket", I got a "nope you need to tell me what you are here for so I can direct you to the right area", so I told her, she then asks if it will be cash or card, I say cash, she then tells me its a longer wait because I have cash, WTF?, anyway I get in and there is nowhere to sit so I stand against the wall between a guy dressed as a woman and a Asian fella, there are 13 windows that they can use with 6 people working at them, there would have been well over 100 people in there, well the 3 hour wait was full of entertainment as there are some pretty screwed up people out there;

Anyway while I'm waiting I hear the attendant asking people questions and then saying we have a priority customer service then ushering people over to a section where the people were being served pretty much straight away ( obviously meet the quick customer criteria and paying by card), the Asian guy next to me keeps farting and staring at his phone like nothing happened and he stinks, the man/woman is taking to her/his lover on the phone working out what special meal he/she is getting tonight, finally my number is called, I get the attendant that served me when I came in?, so I finally get the car registered after 3 hours of the incompetent government departments finest workers doing what they do best, nothing!
It could be worse. When the ex and I were in the States for our honeymoon way back when, we stopped into the local post office in brooklyn to post some postcards (remember them?) back home to family and friends. Our friends we were staying with told us not to get in line as it would take ages, but to get the required stamps from the vending machine.

Of course, we couldn't find the stamps we needed, so we had to get in line. There must have been at least a dozen people in the line: it snakes from the counters along a wall, towards the front door and then along another wall. To service the line, there were two counter workers, both African American ladies. Whilst we were waiting in line, we were incredulous to hear the two customer service ladies discussing with each other their personal lives, whilst serving the customers: how their boyfriend was cheating on them and how he'd been caught out with the other woman, etc.

Them, to our surprise and shock, without even batting an eyelid, one of them, mid way through serving a customer, turns to her colleague, announces it's her lunch break, closes the shutter to her counter, and walks off! The poor customer she was serving then had to wait for the other customer service rep to finish serving their customer before having their transaction completed. You could see all of those still waiting in line were agitated from their body language, but there was nothing anyone could do about it.

That was pretty reflective of our experience with customer service in the US, except for restaurants and the like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 users like this post:
Old Today, 03:41 PM   #5730
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Council sticker lickers.

Absolute arseholes with a hero complex.

Had to take a group of OSHC kids to the cinemas on the Parade at Norwood today, only place you can stop 2 75 seat coaches anywhere near the location is in the metro bus zone.
Pulled up, hazard lights on, kids get off, sticker licker pops out of nowhere and books us both. We explain the situation, not interested.
Rang our office, nowhere else to stop so have to do it again at pickup time, old mate again appears from nowhere and pings us again.
$160 per ticket x4 for being there a total of 5 minutes.

What ****es me off is Councils allow these types of businesses that cater to large groups in their entertainment hubs and then fail to provide safe access for groups of that size to be dropped off and picked up.

The irony is, that earlier in the day I was doing rail replacement shuttles due to industrial strikes and were asked to stop for passengers at bus stops for the same Government thats just booked me for....stopping at a bus stop.
BENT_8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post