Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 16-08-2005, 11:33 PM   #1
rebornafordman
Starter Motor

Question Where did my heaters go?

My EA fairmont ghia's heaters have stopped working. Its got climate control, but when you crank the heat up nothing happens. HOWEVER one thing i did notice was that even when the temp was turned up to 32 or whatever it is it sounded like the air con compressor was still kicking in.
Perhaps the heaters are working but the air con is cooling the air?

Stupid little problems like these normally cost lots to fix so im leaving it up to you guys to help me out.

rebornafordman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 12:07 AM   #2
BuuBox

I had the same sort of problem, not entirely sorted yet either. My heater box was filled up with leaves and all sorts of shrubbery, so with a bit of a clean out, started working a hell of a lot better. Could be your blend door motor too though...

You can disconect the a/c compressor, follow the wiring and there should be a plug. See if that helps?
BuuBox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 01:29 AM   #3
Dezza
Parts bin special

Gotta love those EA Ghia heaters. I had a blocked heater core. It was putting out plenty of air, just not warm air... and a heater tap that only partially opened.... and to top it off a dodgy ambient temperature sensor (still need to go and check the wreckers). Hopefully that is the last of my heater troubles. Good luck with yours.

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 12:47 PM   #4
CruizinEB
Banned

sounds like the A/C isn't Disingadgeing
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 05:59 PM   #5
EA2BA
PM me if you want

igntion on, press the floor and off button at the same time, tell me what error codes you get, if any.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 10:09 PM   #6
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Where do i find the heaterbox and where could leaves n crap be coming in? I get a really stron smell of burning leaves and grey smoke starts shooting out sometimes when i get hte heater on full.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 06:36 PM   #7
rebornafordman
Starter Motor

ok dellboy999 ill give it a try.
Old 18-08-2005, 07:35 PM   #8
rebornafordman
Starter Motor

ok code E2 came up, does that help?
Old 18-08-2005, 09:06 PM   #9
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

Blend Door Motor failure
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 10:06 PM   #10
-AL-
Knuckle Head

T Terror, you're issue is likely build up of leaves on the Resistor coil. Up underneath the glove box(remove glovebox and its easy to sort out)
Couple of philips head screws later and you can hook all the leaves and crap out.
-AL- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #11
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Where did my heaters go?

Old post I know know but in case someone trawls this up looking for a solution for a similar problem note that Climate control does not have resistor pack fan speed controllers but has a computer controlled fan speed controller that is transistorised. But the leaves behind the controller do corode the transistors casing and cause fan speed issues.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #12
Guess_who
Starter Motor

Default Re: Where did my heaters go?

Reviving an old thread I know but it reflects the problem with my EA with climate control. I have replaced the climate control unit several times - the latest unit at least does seem to work ... but ...

I am having a similar problem to the OP in that when heating the AC compressor cycles on and off even when set to 32.

There are no error codes when I run the diagnostic test.

Last edited by Guess_who; 02-08-2013 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Altered post to thread.
Guess_who is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post