Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Default Cost of a Thermo install to E/N series?

G'day all,

Just thought I would post up in here asking this. Obviously getting quotes is the next step, but I have no idea what the cost could even come close to for this.

Firstly i have the fans, & wiring back past the relays when I pulled them out almost two years ago. They have been sitting in a Safe place until i moved house & now am looking to put them into Scarlet when I do the radiator change, which at the rate she keeps getting warm, in the next few weeks. Or less. So for those of you who have gotten an auto sparky to do this, I am asking what did you pay to get it all wired up & installed?

The reason I ask is because I am not confident to do this myself. I cannot risk any damage to my electrical system. I can install & do anything to radio, but this I feel is out of my depth & want it done professionally. Im just not confident enough. Actually, scared.

I saw there was a thread mine a few threads down about a group buy from a member who has been inactive for awhile who was selling such a kit with instructions. The provided a glimmer of hope for a second, but no, as said in the thread, the member has been AWOL for awhile & another I Pm'd over the same issue in his 'lane that he sold hasnt been on in over two months. So no joy there.

Obviously I am looking to get them wired up & installed. With that bypass switch to manually override as in the instruction sticky thread. So here's what i have:

So what can I look to pay for this? & How do I test the fans to make sure they are still operational?

Any info would be great, Cheers.

/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Cost of a Thermo install to E/N series?

I got a wiring loom from BPT and it was around $350- $400. Came with instructions and was fairly easy to install myself. The only thing the loom did not have was the proper connection for the fans. The loom just has "push on" connections but you could fit the connection block that you already have.
Old 20-03-2013, 01:21 AM   #3
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Does it have a munual override switch?
/////Alpine Sound.

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Old 20-03-2013, 01:44 AM   #4
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver 45 View Post
Does it have a munual override switch?
No it dosen't but if you give them a call they might be able to help you sort something out.
The loom comes with it's own temp sensor, wiring for the A/C and relays. Power feed is from the alternator and fuel pump circuit.
I've had mine for a few years now and have had no problems. The EB is in at the panel beaters at the moment but when it comes out I could show you how it's set up in the car.
Old 20-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
No it dosen't but if you give them a call they might be able to help you sort something out.
The loom comes with it's own temp sensor, wiring for the A/C and relays. Power feed is from the alternator and fuel pump circuit.
I've had mine for a few years now and have had no problems. The EB is in at the panel beaters at the moment but when it comes out I could show you how it's set up in the car.
I thought me taking the relays would negate the need to buy a module. Thought I'd saved myself some money.... They look exactly the same & no doubt do the same job.
/////Alpine Sound.

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

Old 20-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #6
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You could look at how they are wired up and most probably make a loom to suit. Just need to look at the loom. I think I still have the instructions that came with it.
Old 26-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #7
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Give it a crack yourself dude!

Look on fordmods for the how to….and get the davie craig thermo switch.

I did it with a mate the other weekend….Easy job! Just time consuming doing the wiring and hiding it all/making it tidy.

Just put in a manual override switch while you’re at it.

Otherwise....If you have the parts...factor in a couple of hours labour at a workshop....$200ish I reckon?

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #8
efgiar
rofl copter

this is the thread you are referring too. found in the group buy sticky
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11229035

to wire these up again will be priced differently, as i own a business now it would be done through there and prices would be different.

considering your in queensland go see an auto elec and get them to wire it up, its not hard to do a basic loom, the way i used to wire them up is to have them on low all the time, and goto high when the temp was hot/ac was on or the manual overide switch was on. pretty complicated way but works the best.

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #9
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Thanks for that. That's really informative on how the thermo control should be set up. I wasn't sure on what the control layout would be.

Cheers!
/////Alpine Sound.

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread