Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Server Software Upgrade

Good evening

As noted in the announcement made today, we will be upgrading our version of vbulletin from the current 3.0.3 to 3.5.4 in the early hours of tomorrow morning. This is a substantial upgrade with 16 individual upgrades, 30 file edits, 68 template edits and numerous other minor changes.

This is an interim step on the way to 3.8.x and it requires upgrades to other components like the Technical portal, Warning system, Parts Database, DTC Database and our other custom modifications.

Although the upgrade has been extensively tested I would expect that there will be some issues after it has been completed and some things may not function correctly but these will be prioritised and resolved as quickly as possible. Your patience during that time would be appreciated.

The forum will be taken off-line at 12.15 a.m Tuesday morning with the aim of having it back operational by 7.00 a.m at the latest but any updates to that will be provided via the home page closure message.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Good luck with the all-nighter.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Good luck Russ. Thanks for all the hard work you have put in. Look forward to using the site after the upgrade
Old 07-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Cool

Can't wait to meet you sir ...
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2011, 11:28 PM   #5
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks for all the work you are putting in for us good luck with it all

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2011, 11:36 PM   #6
05_ENFORCER

There is nothing I can add to this thread other than, good onya Russ, AND (the behind the scene crew/s, you know who they are) and the dedicated members of this forum.
I'll be here until around 0100 your time so if you get in the **** or need something let me know asap

Great stuff
Old 08-03-2011, 12:40 AM   #7
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Good luck guys!!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:53 AM   #8
Rosscco

Hope it all goes well
Rosscco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2011, 05:59 AM   #9
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Ok - most stuff seems to be working ok.

I'll start the list of things that need to be looked at later today:

1. Link to the Tech portal - I've hacked it so it works for now but it needs fixing. OPENJ

2. It's not an issue but I'll mention it here before anyone else does - the Gallery categories are now not part of the forum sections. They were never supposed to be in the old version but we could never work out why and they weren't really in the way. The upgrade seesm to have resolved that anomaly. CLOSED

Back in a few hours.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 08-03-2011, 06:52 AM   #10
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Great stuff Russ

Working very well here in NZ
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
EASYBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2011, 08:40 AM   #11
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

Love the new stuff Russ!

Certaintly looks better, and it has multi-quote too
Old 08-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #12
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrghiawagon
Love the new stuff Russ!

Certaintly looks better, and it has multi-quote too
Thanks for pointing that out. There has been so many times I could have used a feature like that before.
block58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #13
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

The major changes between 3.0.3 and 3.5.8 are:

Here is the list of major changes between 3.0 and 3.5

* Product/Plugin system with over 550 'hook' locations strategically placed in the code. Allows modification and extension of vBulletin without physical alteration of the vBulletin PHP scripts.

* Inline moderation allows multiple threads or posts to be have moderation actions performed without a visit to the admin or moderator control panels

* Completely rewritten message editor with ability to instantly switch between standard and WYSIWYG modes

* Thread title editing on forumdisplay

* Thread opening and closing on forumdisplay

* Super-Quick Reply on showthread

* Inline post edit on showthread

* Username suggestion for PM recipients and search by user

* Template History & Comparison for easy tracking of changes

* Database-based thread and forum read marking

* MySQL Full Text Search (we will have this disabled initially)

* Calendar events support start/end times

* Custom avatar and profile picture resizing

* Each attachment image type can be individually set to generate thumbnails or not

* Each attachment image type can be individually set to open in a new window or not

* Language chooser in footer

* New [attach] bbcode tag for placing attachments inline with messages

* New 'Can View Thread Content' permission

* New 'Can Upload Animated GIF' permission

* Attachment upload via URL in addition to local upload

* Forum description field no longer limited to 250 characters

* Image verification for sendmessage to avoid spam issues

* Improved registration image verification to out-fox those pesky bots

* Ability to preview signature edits

* Calendar event email reminders

* Skype integration (something else we'll leave off for the moment)

In addition we have added a couple of hacks:

1. A small thank you hack for posts available via a small link at the top of each post.

2. New forms for the Sales Yard - these still need a little bit of work but the basic concept is there. They don't currently enforce image uploading but we'll work on that.

3. The multi-quote hack which is used via the small icon next to the Quote button at the bottom of each post. Basically you click on this icon for each post you want to multi-quote and then on the last post click the actual Quote button and all the selected posts are added as quotes to a new post.

4. A few other minor hacks to make admin functions simpler.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 08-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #14
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I logged on earlier this is what I noticed.

1. Clicking on last page of any thread took me to the first post and that's the only post seen. To read any responses from other forum users I had to look at the box above the first post where dates and times of every response was listed.

2. When I tried to create a thread to ask about this I was logged off.

I'm glad the forum is back to normal with the addition of multi-quotes which is a great addition..... hopefully what I encountered earlier was just a glitch?

Thanks to all for the hard work and upgrades, I'm sure there's more than multi-quotes that we'll start to notice and a lot of behind-the-scenes that we'll never know of.

edit: Beat me to posting by a minute. And yup, ^^^^^ major changes!

Reps have been gone for a bit now.... or is this just hidden?

Last edited by NickyN; 08-03-2011 at 11:21 AM.
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #15
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

No moderator tags?
Edit its there but when looking in the Focus area i didnt see it.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #16
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyN
When I logged on earlier this is what I noticed.

1. Clicking on last page of any thread took me to the first post and that's the only post seen. To read any responses from other forum users I had to look at the box above the first post where dates and times of every response was listed.
Hi NickyN

I also had this issue and it was the mode that viewing the forum was set to.

If you change your viewing mode to Linear you will see the forum as normal without the little box ontop

To change the mode, it is at the top of the thread, right hand side - display modes.

It is also in your UserCP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options. You can change it to Linear - Oldest first, in there.

Cheers
Col

Last edited by Geez Louise; 08-03-2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: added UserCP edit option
Geez Louise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #17
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Awesome work

Thanks for all your time and effort Russ.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #18
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"quotation marks"
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #19
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
"quotation marks"
t "quotation marks" f
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #20
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sponsor banner links working but not opening in new window

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #21
GavL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seems that threads are being ordered by latest reply in the sales yard intsead of order by created date.

And when you get a vBulletin Message, it is showing the code block instead of the user's name:

Quote:
vBulletin Message

$bbuserinfo[username], you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account.
3.If you are trying to vote on a poll, you must be a member for at least 10 days before you can vote on polls.
4.If you are trying to post in the For Sale area, this area has a minimum post requirement before it can be used.

BAII XR6 in SHOCKWAVE
5SP Manual | Sports Leather Seats | Premium Sound | Dual Zone Climate Control | Sunroof | Reverse Sensors | 18" XR8 Wheels | XR6T Exhaust | Lowered | XR6T Intake | GT Steering Wheel

AUIII XR8 in NAROOMA BLUE
Info to come soon!
GavL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #22
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavL
Seems that threads are being ordered by latest reply in the sales yard intsead of order by created date.

And when you get a vBulletin Message, it is showing the code block instead of the user's name:

They are but that should be fixable. The error message must be form something old as in 3.5 $bbuserinfo[username] is replaced with
$vbulletin->userinfo so I'll need to track down the template with that in and fix it!

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 08-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #23
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Hi NickyN

I also had this issue and it was the mode that viewing the forum was set to.

If you change your viewing mode to Linear you will see the forum as normal without the little box ontop

To change the mode, it is at the top of the thread, right hand side - display modes.

It is also in your UserCP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options. You can change it to Linear - Oldest first, in there.

Cheers
Col
I just checked thread display options and it's already set to linear. I haven't changed anything in my userCP.

I haven't been able to log in for 10 hrs (since I last posted here). Figuring I'd try something different, I ticked the "remember me" box and was finally able to log in. I've never had to do this before.

But now that I'm here I'm not having the same problem viewing posts... maybe that's because I wasn't "really" logged on before? I mean, I knew I wasn't logged on b/c I never saw the welcome msg to me. However, I noticed my name as logged in on the bottom of the main page.

Thanks for your msg trying to help me out tho, I appreciate it.
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #24
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
In addition we have added a couple of hacks:

1. A small thank you hack for posts available via a small link at the top of each post.
Hey Russ, I've noticed this around the forum today - what does it do? (beyond put a thumbs up in the post)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post