Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 05-06-2007, 05:28 PM   #1
bman

Default Superchip - Bluefin

I want to superchip my XR5T. Level One will give me 50bhp increase. Anybody have any experience?

- 17 x Ford Falcon XT BF - Within my Fleet -
- 4 x Ford Falcon XR6 BF - Within my Fleet -
- 110 x Mitsubishi Express - Within my Fleet -
- 2 x Hyundai iLoad - Within my Fleet -
bman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2007, 06:20 PM   #2
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

How about you give me your XR5...then I'll tell ya!
Old 05-06-2007, 06:30 PM   #3
FRA
Mr Focus

PM Mikey B
This guy is switched on and he can get performance chip for ya.
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 09:30 AM   #4
JayD

theres plenty of guys 'chipping' on the xr5T website...check it out fordxr5turbo.com
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 10:28 AM   #5
photn
AFF Post NAZI

BMAN.... get a Dreamscience. increase torque from 320 up to 440 or sumthing... thats ALOT!

they give you 3 tunes, Race, Race +, Economy and you have your standard tune!

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #6
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dare I ask is there something like this for the standard duratec 2l??
More revs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #7
photn
AFF Post NAZI

hahah not quite... you can get a Dreamscience for it but due to the fact the XR5 has a Turbo, its no ware near as a big of a change or as powerfull..

though, if you really want more power, get a BMC cda Airfilter, Cosworth intake system, Milkek expractors and exhaust, + cosworth cams, dreamscience and you go from 107kw to 150kw or 200bhp! and you still retain drivability!

Old 07-06-2007, 12:42 PM   #8
BlackLS

More revs, talk to a CAPA partner in Melb who does custom flash tunes for the Falcon (theres heaps), get them to talk to Capa coz they've worked out the Focus ECU. But do all the other mods first or else you'll just need another retune.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #9
Marshy79

There is scary talk about Ford submitting a new ECU code (well update whatever) that is currently in the new 07 model XR5's... where they have some security against the aftermarket tunes.

This is scary... hopefully the tuners get round it. Took a long time before they were able to properly access the ECU as it was.
Marshy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 02:06 PM   #10
photn
AFF Post NAZI

what are you worried about lol. im still waiting for mine hehehe

Old 07-06-2007, 03:27 PM   #11
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Windows Vista was ment to be a big security upgrade over previous windows versions. It got cracked before it went to market.

No amount of security features is gonna keep people out if they really want to get in.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 04:12 PM   #12
FRA
Mr Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
BMAN.... get a Dreamscience. increase torque from 320 up to 440 or sumthing... thats ALOT!

they give you 3 tunes, Race, Race +, Economy and you have your standard tune!
PM Mikey B and he can give your XR5 215Kw and 410Nm
Quote:
Originally Posted by More revs
Dare I ask is there something like this for the standard duratec 2l??
It's called COSWORTH and you should see the dyno reading.
Gotta be willing to pay for it and it's well worth it.
I'm selling my Steeda air intake and getting a Cosworth 3.25" air intake system
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 04:17 PM   #13
Penko13

just to clear it up for me, is there a bluefin chip for the standard 2l duratec

cheers
Penko13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 04:57 PM   #14
camerooch

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penko13
just to clear it up for me, is there a bluefin chip for the standard 2l duratec

cheers
Hey Penko13,

I am the proud owner of an 06 Zetec 2.0L

I have been looking into Superchips and have an email from Peter @ Superchips in NZ.

It states that...... "you will get a lot better throttle response, low and mid range torque and the car will pull all the way to the redline. Many owners report anything up to 10% saving on fuel as well, due to the fact there is less gear changing......the gains are 13-15bhp and up to 10% more torque, which is very noticeable.
All fitting come with a lifetime warranty and have a 5 million dollar cover. We have never had a claim in 30 years. We come to you to do the fitting or we can send you the Bluefin.....The price is AU$1,050 fitted including GST if we fit........the upgrade or the Bluefin handheld computer is $660 delivered plus any taxes or duty payable at Customs.
We are looking for outlets in Australia and should have one in your area by the year end."

I am looking at one SERIOUSLY and will be sure to keep people informed.

Camerooch
camerooch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 06:14 PM   #15
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Im 99% sure there is a superchip dealer in Australia now
Old 07-06-2007, 06:34 PM   #16
Blue_ST170

hey guys,

I'm in the proccess of becoming the Sydney Distributor for Superchips. If anyones after a chip just PM. I'm giving discounts to all club members on Chips and Exhuasts.

Saving for: cat-back exhaust
Blue_ST170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 08:12 PM   #17
Mikey B
Frozen White Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy79
There is scary talk about Ford submitting a new ECU code (well update whatever) that is currently in the new 07 model XR5's... where they have some security against the aftermarket tunes.

This is scary... hopefully the tuners get round it. Took a long time before they were able to properly access the ECU as it was.
Indeed, the latest Ford engine calibration uses Bosch Encryption and is mandatory at next service for XR5.
I know that DreamScience have no issues with this encryption!!!

It's up to you, if you decide to go with other Chip manufacturers, then to be safe, get friendly with your Ford Service crew and ensure the latest Cal doesn't get flashed in your PCM.
Mikey B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 10:52 PM   #18
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

The latest revisions of the various Bluefin ‘stages’ are a vast improvement over the previous ones, and you wouldn’t be disappointed if you did go with the Bluefin. That is unless you happened to drive an XR5 running with DS afterwards.

After doing some testing (which included a trip to the drag strip) against a friend with Bluefin stage 2 (for slightly modified cars), we concluded that Dreamscience is definitely quicker, especially on the Race+ and Race ‘maps’. DS has more torque, is also every bit as smooth (if not more so) in its power delivery, and you get 4 different maps, compared to 1 on the Bluefin unit.

DS will also soon be releasing their custom tuning software, so you can take your XR5 to a tuner and get the perfect tune for your car, rather than just the generic one’s you get on the Flash tuner. I’m also pretty sure that DS have agreed to run their special introductory price for a bit longer for FordXR5turbo.com members, so you’ll also save money if you go with DS. Anyway, you’ll be happy either way, but (and I say this without a hint of bias ;) ) as far as I can see DS has got Bluefin beaten in every department.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2007, 01:27 AM   #19
Blue_ST170

The bluefins got no problems with the new encryption and you can reload the tune if its gets deleted at a service.

Power-wise Superchips dont always go for the most power they possibly can. Their tunes are designed to give more power while still making the car very usuable and reliable day to day.

There is also a lifetime warranty against any problems caused by the software.

Saving for: cat-back exhaust
Blue_ST170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2007, 01:50 PM   #20
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Guys, I've been away for a couple of weeks.
Is someone offering Dreamscience in Australia now? Would like to know who.
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #21
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Not yet, but there is talk of an association with CAPA happening very soon. It's dead easy to order DS from the U.K anyway, and will probably work out cheaper than the CAPA badged product anyway - I paid just over a grand and it was here in 5 days.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2007, 10:50 PM   #22
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

Don't forget about Powerchips also...

They are working pretty industriously with a few forum members on a tune for the XR5T that'll be right up there with the DS solution and at a better price.

So if all you want is a single upgrade / tune solution then that could save you the $$$ although it doesn't have the flexibility of owning your own tuning box as it's a loaded tune.

Powerchips also distribute Bluefin (Superchips) in AU although i can't see anyone purchasing it now. It's a solid solution but is now old hat compared to DS and Powerchips Tune.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:08 PM   #23
melbzetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by orsest170
Not yet, but there is talk of an association with CAPA happening very soon. It's dead easy to order DS from the U.K anyway, and will probably work out cheaper than the CAPA badged product anyway - I paid just over a grand and it was here in 5 days.
That's interesting. My understanding is that Dreamscience is actually a joint venture between CAPA and SCT...so Capa owns them. They wouldn't sell to me then (as technically they were only licenced to deal in Europe) but obviously things have changed (they have the codes for my LR Focus XSU1 ecu)
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 10-06-2007, 02:29 PM   #24
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Isn't Dreamscience just the SCT Xcaliber tuner sold by CAPA?
Old 10-06-2007, 04:15 PM   #25
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

www.dreamscience.co.uk - their address is in the UK so I doubt CAPA have got much to do with owning them.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:10 PM   #26
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

Thumbs up

In the same way Capa worked with SCT to develop the SCT based product for the Australian Sedan market (BA / BF etc)... Dreamscience worked with SCT to develop the SCT product for the Focus ST | XR5T in Europe.

Basically Capa will be taking that work and doing their obvious QA on it (possibly making their own tunes) and then releasing it to the market through themselves and their distribution network.

Dreamscience are already selling their product whilst Capa work out the licensing side of things in the Australia market i assume. I imagine once Capa go to market they'll apply pressure on DS through SCT to stop selling into AU.

The good news is once Capa get through the relevant hurdles it'll be game on as they have a strong distribution network through tuners and it'll mean custom XR5T tuning will be available quite quickly once training is completed.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #27
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

"Flash tuning is a revolutionary way to maximize both the power and economy of your vehicle. dreamscience have teamed up with SCT Custom Tuning, USA to bring a performance total tuning solution to the UK."

Sound and looks to be the Xcaluber to me. No mention of CAPA
Old 10-06-2007, 05:53 PM   #28
melbzetec

Posted from the European Forum on the SCT website:

http://www.sctflash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7231

on November 14 2006

Note: Bold type below highlighted by me

Also I correpended by email with Jared on this subject last year.

"Dreamscience Marketing Statement.

Hi All

To save everyone a lot of time, we thought it necessary to clarify the position in Europe and justify the price differential between SCT Europe and SCT USA.

The difference between the two markets is a change in hardware set up, and mainly the software contained in the units. This software has been created for the European market at a great expense by SCT, CAPA, Dreamscience and other developers. Remember the money you pay for your device includes the fee for its license, the software, development and support.
The American Xcalibrator 2 is not compatible with the European data base and the DSF3000 is not compatible with the USA data base.
The money invested in developing the European data base has to be factored in to the overall cost of the DSF units for European calibration files. Since this market is far smaller than the USA, the factor in to each unit is greater, hence the overall higher price. This is an inevitable cost when creating a new data base, which is continuing to be developed to accommodate new calibrations as they are released.

We are very excited about bringing this new product and data base to Europe and commend SCT for all their efforts in getting this tuning solution finalised and we look forward to serving you.

The above statement is for marketing clarification and is not intended to invite speculation or discussion.

All the best
www.dreamscience.co.uk
jared@dreamscience.co.uk
SCT UK Distributor

Old 10-06-2007, 10:48 PM   #29
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

Cheers for the clarification melbzetec, definately makes it pretty cut and dry!