Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 16-12-2010, 12:45 AM   #1
DazzG
Starter Motor

Default I just ordered a 2011 MC Mondeo Titanium Wagon

Hi,

I've just pre-ordered my MC Mondeo TDCi Titanium Wagon in Frozen White. We should take delivery in early to mid April 2011. The dealer informs me that the Australian spec Titanium Wagons don't start production until March, and there is about a 30 day delivery time from Europe to Australia.

This will be my first Ford (I did learn to drive in my dad's '82 XE station wagon), I currently drive a 2000 Holden Astra, which will be retired (sold) in July 2011. It's been flawless in its ten plus years of service and 220,000km. I hoping the Mondeo can do as well.

I feel I got a pretty good price, $46,800 drive away. I emailed about 40 dealerships within 400km of Sydney asking for the best price, with the best being a guaranteed sale. I received quotes between $46,800 and $52,990. The lesson here is it pays to shop around. I intend to keep the car for a while and purchased the myFord extended warranty. This will give me six years/200,000km cover.

I can't wait to get my new toy in April.

Cheers,

Dazz.

DazzG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
Dusty1
Giddy up!

That is a great price, well done. Make sure it is the MC Titanium, as I did the same thing last time (emailing dealers) and the best price I got was for a petrol model, and when I hassled them about it the actual price for the diesel was a lot higher. The dealer information kits shows an indicative price for the Titanium wagon of $48,240 - $48,740 without on roads. If you haven't signed the contract yet, do it.

If your dealer is telling you they aren't being built now, he doesn't know. A contact in the factory in Belgium told me yesterday that they are building them now, with one in very 2 cars down the line being a wagon. Ford said there was a stop on the Titanium, but the same source told me that isn't the case.

Ford also have stock sitting on the computer system now waiting for shipment. My understanding is that there is a number waiting to be shipped, and should be here in January/February. These will be 2010 built, but be 2011 compliant.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
That is a great price, well done. Make sure it is the MC Titanium, as I did the same thing last time (emailing dealers) and the best price I got was for a petrol model, and when I hassled them about it the actual price for the diesel was a lot higher. The dealer information kits shows an indicative price for the Titanium wagon of $48,240 - $48,740 without on roads. If you haven't signed the contract yet, do it.

If your dealer is telling you they aren't being built now, he doesn't know. A contact in the factory in Belgium told me yesterday that they are building them now, with one in very 2 cars down the line being a wagon. Ford said there was a stop on the Titanium, but the same source told me that isn't the case.

Ford also have stock sitting on the computer system now waiting for shipment. My understanding is that there is a number waiting to be shipped, and should be here in January/February. These will be 2010 built, but be 2011 compliant.
Be careful with the 2010 built ones.. they are still classed as 2010 cars regardless of the australian compliance date.. Hurts when you pay full till and go to trade in and you've only got a 2010 car. My mate went thru this last year with a Honda Accord Euro, ordered it 28th Dec for late January delivery, dealer told him it would be a 2011 / 2011 coz Hondas factory doesnt shut down over break, car rocks up and its a 2010.. Luckily enough I was with him when the deal was done and we ended up screwing the dealer over on the car.. Got an extra couple of grand worth of accessories.

I didnt think Australia was to get any MC Titanium Wagons till next year, I thought all the early ones were for different countries.

Either way you wont regret it, FABULOUS car!! We have the XR5 T and its the best car I have owned based on value for money / build quality.. If only the mrs stopped backing it into things
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is a long wait, you poor thing.. I had to wait 6 weeks for my Falcon & thought that was bad enough, but 5 months wait would kill me
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #5
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Dash, if I get a 2010 built I'm not too concerned. My current car is a 2007 built and 2008 registered.

Joe, my lease is up in January and I waited 3 months last time, and can't be waiting that long again. Five months, for me would mean me putting money into the car, and I don't want to do that, so I'm probably sign for a Jan/Feb delivery.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 17-12-2010, 12:14 AM   #6
DazzG
Starter Motor

It's definitely the MC variant, and I also am happy to wait to ensure that it it a 2011 built car.
Old 18-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #7
Dusty1
Giddy up!

You won't see it until mid May.
Previous:
Old 18-02-2011, 11:29 PM   #8
Andy0217

Hi Dazz,
Can I ask mate...was the option of an integrated sat/nav screen and cooled seats an option when ordering?
Not sure if these will be offered for Aussie spec cars but are in the UK spec cars,
Thanks
Andrew...
Andy0217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #9
Dusty1
Giddy up!

There are no factory option on the Australian Titaniums. They come built from the factory, and dealers can add some stuff if the owner wants it.

I would have gone with the integrated window blinds and privacy glass, but as there are no options available, can't get them (the window blinds work out to be about $70).

A forum regular got a GPS unit off eBay, got it installed, but I think it wasn't what he wanted, so he sent it back.
Previous:
Old 19-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #10
DazzG
Starter Motor

I got confirmation of delivery two weeks ago, and I've be tracking the MV TOLEDO since it's Belgium departure. It left Durban on 1 Feb, called into Fremantle on 16 Feb and arrived Melbourne this morning at 06:30.

I have been told by the dealer that it will be ready for delivery on 12 March. I'm getting impatient, but all good things take time.

I'll let you know when I've got it.
Old 19-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #11
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Interesting. I know when mine is getting built and it takes about two months from build to delivery, so it might be a 2010 build car you're getting.

I've got an Oct 07 build which was delivered in Jan 08. Three months from build to delivery. There's a site that allows you to put in your VIN, and that's a good place to see what year build it is.
Previous:
Old 18-03-2011, 01:02 PM   #12
sando75
Starter Motor

Default Re: I just ordered a 2011 MC Mondeo Titanium Wagon

Re the $46,800 driveway does this include any accessories ie towbar or tint etc
sando75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #13
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzG
Hi,

I've just pre-ordered my MC Mondeo TDCi Titanium Wagon in Frozen White. We should take delivery in early to mid April 2011. The dealer informs me that the Australian spec Titanium Wagons don't start production until March, and there is about a 30 day delivery time from Europe to Australia.

This will be my first Ford (I did learn to drive in my dad's '82 XE station wagon), I currently drive a 2000 Holden Astra, which will be retired (sold) in July 2011. It's been flawless in its ten plus years of service and 220,000km. I hoping the Mondeo can do as well.

I feel I got a pretty good price, $46,800 drive away. I emailed about 40 dealerships within 400km of Sydney asking for the best price, with the best being a guaranteed sale. I received quotes between $46,800 and $52,990. The lesson here is it pays to shop around. I intend to keep the car for a while and purchased the myFord extended warranty. This will give me six years/200,000km cover.

I can't wait to get my new toy in April.

Cheers,

Dazz.
Don't know where you are, but Denmac DarraQueensland have one in stock..
OUR STOCK CARS FOR SALE
Back to results
2011 FORD MONDEO TITANIUM PWRSHIFT MC SD
4 Cylinder, 5 Seats. Located at: QLD 4076

VEHICLE DETAILS
Year: 2011 Make: FORD Model: MONDEO Badge: TITANIUM PWRSHIFT Series: MC Body: WAGON Trans: SD Fuel Type: Diesel Cylinders: 4 Price: $52,990* Drive AwayKms: 10 Seats: 5 Rego: Stock: 542737 VIN: WF0GXXGBBGAA15214
Old 20-03-2011, 01:53 AM   #14
DazzG
Starter Motor

Sando75,

No accessories, but I did get a three year myFord extended warranty.

If you want the tow pack and window tint, you are better purchasing any accessories after you have bought the car other wise you will pay stamp duty (tax) as well as GST on the extra items.

Pay for the car, then get the accessories.
Old 20-03-2011, 02:01 AM   #15
DazzG
Starter Motor

csv8,

$52,900!!! Tell him he's dreaming! That is $6,100 more than I've paid, do I get 12% more car?

And $48,600 included three year myFord extended warranty.

My new car was delivered on 11 Mar 11, and I am 100% satisfied.

Dazz.