Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 19-07-2005, 07:02 PM   #1
RedStar71

Default Fiesta Resale Value

Hi Folks
Well I may be giving my Fiesta back to Ford and updating to a Black Focus Zetec Mk2 very soon. Paperwork is done and I just have to wait for my dealership to get one in their allotment. That said I am still unsure about giving up my Fiesta. Love my car, and did from the moment I laid eyes on at her at the dealership after waiting 5 weeks for her to come over from Germany. Plus I still haven't even had a testdrive of a new Focus yet as my dealership hasn't even got one for test drives yet! But with 107kw of power I imagine I will have a smile on my dial when I do drive it off the lot.
I just wanted to let you all know some interesting info. Apparently Ford is having trouble meeting demand on the Focus and Fiesta. There can be a 3 month wait for a new Fiesta from Germany. This made it very competitive for my trade in as they offered me $18000 for my Fiesta that I bought new for $19750. With 13000km on it and just over a year old I was amazed at that offer. They told me with the body kit and all the updates I did my Fiesta will sell straight off the lot in a matter of days due to the high demand for Fiesta's.
So there you go folks your cars are holding pretty good value at the moment as they are still in VERY high demand!
Cheers

Jason

Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 09:20 PM   #2
GROOV3
Rollin

so what have you done to your car?

is it a zetec or lx, would be very interested in upgrading to a focus if i could get around what i paid for my car.
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 10:44 PM   #3
RedStar71

Hi Groov3
It was a LX but is now halfway between a LX and Zetec. It has all the Zetec parts minus the ABS/EBD. Which I was planning to install. Plus I still have an ST Fiesta rear wing spoiler on the way from the UK that I haven't fitted yet. May sell that off on it's own.
I still have the car until I sign over the transfer on the Focus ect. I may still back out yet if I don't like the Focus. I really am not sure about the new Focus, I like the car I saw, but it is growing on me slower than the Fiesta did. If Ford gave us the ST Fiesta over here then there would be no doubt in my mind about what to buy! But the fact that we cannot get a 3 door Focus is making me hesitate on the Focus... Hope the black paint hides the 5 door shape...
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

Old 19-07-2005, 11:14 PM   #4
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Well, the 3door does have a different rear window shape.... but yea.

On the fiesta resale topic, damn thats good! Yes, ive seen heaps of 2nd hand ones on various lots for only $1000 less then what i paid for mine, and they are stock standard! LONG LIVE FIESTA!

Well, this stock problem (3months waiting) could be the reason why the Swift is outselling the fiesta! Thats heaps good that your getting $18000 Jason!

Good luck with the purchase! I would be taking one only after a test drive. The dash materials hasn't got me convinced just yet...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 11:28 PM   #5
GROOV3
Rollin

doubt i would get much more than 13 000 here dealers hear are scabs
Old 19-07-2005, 11:39 PM   #6
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

CRAP! $13,000?! is that a LX or Zetec?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 21-07-2005, 04:27 AM   #7
RedStar71

Well Gents......I have decided to stick with the Fiesta!!!
Took the Focus for a test drive today and yes it is nice and it really does have a fantastic exhaust note when you stand on it! The salesman fanged it as he knew I was after performance. It hauls nicely!
But the whole five door thing plus the fact that I really already have a great car in the Fiesta has made me stick with the Fiesta. I loved the Fiesta from the moment I saw it but the Focus has not had the same effect on me at all. The Focus really doesn't offer much more than what I already have in the Fiesta! Yes it has 107kw but for my money I have a great car already with the Fiesta. Maybe I will look at transplanting a Focus engine into the Fiesta in a few years and make my own ST but for the moment 74kw will do.
Cheers

Jason

Old 21-07-2005, 07:15 PM   #8
GROOV3
Rollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
CRAP! $13,000?! is that a LX or Zetec?
well its an LX, but think brand new they are $13 990 add factory wheels air con it came to about $17000 odd

so i wouldnt expect any more than what they are brand new. $13000 woul dbe vfery optamistic
Old 21-07-2005, 07:33 PM   #9
RedStar71

Groov3
Don't forget my Fiesta is an LX and they offered me almost $18000 for it! LX or Zetec your Fez is still in demand at the moment thanks to the shortfall of new Fiesta's and the fact that it is small car of the year.
Increased demand with low supply equals higher prices. Basic Economics.
So your LX is probably worth about $1000-2000 less than what you paid for it.
Cheers

Jason

Old 21-07-2005, 10:21 PM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Good! I just hope it keeps resale next year as well. I want to update my wheels late next year! And, as for the Fiesta vs Focus, you made a good decision! Wait for the ST, THEN upgrade!

Old 22-07-2005, 07:04 PM   #11
RedStar71

My ideal garage would hold a Fiesta ST and a Mazspeed RX-8 both in Red!
I'd be very happy with that pair. And since they are cousins...
Yeah I will hold out till Ford gives us the ST (if they do). Till then I'll try to convert my one into an Zetec S.
Cheers

Jason

Old 22-07-2005, 10:43 PM   #12
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStar71
My ideal garage would hold a Fiesta ST and a Mazspeed RX-8 both in Red!
I'd be very happy with that pair. And since they are cousins...
Yeah I will hold out till Ford gives us the ST (if they do). Till then I'll try to convert my one into an Zetec S.
Cheers

Jason
Cousins? Only blood relation would be that Ford has an interest in Mazda.... they dont share anything LOL

Yea... the Fiesta ST would be great IMO... pity we arent getting it... well not so soon anyway! At least give us the ZetecS Ford Aust!

Old 26-07-2005, 03:10 PM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

OMG!!!!!!! TIME TO SELL MY CAR!
I found an ad in Vic...
Ad Details:
MAKE/MODEL: Ford Fiesta Zetec
YEAR: 2004
ODOMETER: 11,578kms
PRICE: $21,997.00
GEARS: 5
BODY: hatchback
COLOUR: Red
TRANSMISSION: 5 speed manual
ENGINE: 4
REGO NUMBER: SXE417

THATS NUTS!!!! This car has my rims on it... no tint... and is $447 more then the price i bought mine for NEW!

Most stock used Zetecs (with tint only) are selling for like $18K-20K still.... and LX FOR $18990!!!!!!!!!

PS... they also have an identical Zetec in Black for the same price!

Last edited by Teki04; 26-07-2005 at 03:19 PM.
Old 26-07-2005, 03:35 PM   #14
Danny
GT4.

Thats unbeleiveable!! I bought mine from a dealer Demo with 4800 kays on it for only 17K
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post