Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old Today, 05:15 PM   #2281
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Cars you don't see many of anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
Driving beep beep hee un day again?
Old man can't drive at the moment, so commanding the shitbox i30N for him, I hate that thing, Hyundai can't make 'sports' cars for shit, can't believe Ford left the market to those clowns

Its fast and the stereo is good, its not nice to drive though, the biggest killer is the shitty throttle response and how it picks and chooses how it wants to react to your throttle inputs, its pretty similar to how the VF Commodore throttle works, which is shit - ignores your throttle inputs or wants to think about things before it responds.

Behaves strangely, like sometimes it'll automatically pick up the r evs itself when you clutch in, other times it won't, other times it ignores your throttle inputs, other times it behaves normally, the way the throttle is mapped is retarded.

You've got to be really aware and do your throttle inputs before you'd normally do them at things like roundabouts to give the car time to process when I'm pressing the accelerator MEANS I WANT THE ****ING ACCELERATOR SO MORE REVOLUTIONS PLEASE.

Or when you get off/on/off the throttle with subtle inputs confuses it big time.

When ti first starts up it feels like it calibrates the bimodal exhaust to detect its open and closed positions so it'll open/close/open/close/open/close the exhaust as well which is about as annoying as you can imagine because the car goes BRRRRRrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Cruise control implementation is crap too compared to Ford, doesn't maintain speed really well.

Its just a combination of little things like this which make Hyundai's N vehicles a bit of a joke, 95% of the job has been done, the last 5% is the deal breaker.

I don't think its too hard to make the throttle response instant, it is in Ford's ST range, their cars respond instantly to the tiniest throttle inputs on the pedal.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; Today at 05:30 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 05:38 PM   #2282
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Ford cruise varies model to model
One Focus Lt or Lz used to hold the required speed down hill
One didn’t Lz I think
Puma runs over the cruise speed down hill then readjusts but by then you have a speed ticket always spot on flat roads
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 06:50 PM   #2283
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post

Saw this FG FPV F6 sedan at Goonawarra Medical Centre yesterday in Sunbury:

Looks stock as well, I really like the FG F6 with the 'racoon eyes' and in silver or white, such an understated vehicle thats a ****ing beast from the factory floor.

The RAV4 next to it makes the FG look tiny width wise, makes me laugh that 'Oh Australians don't want big cars anymore' - yeah thats a 'midsize' SUV next to it that makes the Falcon look like a kei car.

The owner of the chemist in that building has a Detomaso Pantera, I've got a photo of it somewhere.
Yes, but which one is a hit with the early 30's ladies? Seems they like width in more than a few ways?
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: