Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 25-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Hot Weather Running

Had over 43 deg showing on TDCi display in heavy traffic with air-con on and to my surprise the turbo diesel did not miss a beat no loss of power,turbo lag,temp gauge normal reading,auto worked a treat, diesels have come a long way since the glow plug days

apstar

apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2009, 09:04 AM   #2
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been pleasantly surprised how well the XR5 has gone during the hot weather, performance & air con seem to be holding up well!
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

yeah my xr5 is great in the hot weather, only one problem...

With the AC on, in second gear going over one of those table top speedhumps or around a tight bend when the car slows right down to say 20km/h or so, there is noticeable turbo lag, almost a vacuum.

Have to be careful with the throttle, for other people the car doesn't go, so they push more throttle. All of a sudden, power.

It could be due to the bluefin map, either way its not bad when you know, but others have driven my car and have been caught by the lag, followed by the boost due to excessive throttle input to overcome the dead spot.

Not sure if a standard car does it?
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2009, 08:15 AM   #4
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, it does.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2009, 01:24 AM   #5
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Car runs great but the air con can not cope with anything over 35deg in our Zetec.
Having the temp set to "Lo" and with full speed fan on recycle it takes a good 20min to cool the car down if it has been out in the sun. I hope they can rectify this at the 15k service.
Old 28-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #6
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRmn8
Car runs great but the air con can not cope with anything over 35deg in our Zetec.
Having the temp set to "Lo" and with full speed fan on recycle it takes a good 20min to cool the car down if it has been out in the sun. I hope they can rectify this at the 15k service.
My BA Furtura used to struggle as well. And that had the coldest A/C of any car I've owned.

My TDCi has a black interior, and I assume yours does too, so I reckon 20 mins isn't too bad.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2009, 06:56 PM   #7
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
My BA Furtura used to struggle as well. And that had the coldest A/C of any car I've owned.

My TDCi has a black interior, and I assume yours does too, so I reckon 20 mins isn't too bad.
That's where the problem is that large black dash locks in the heat through the large sloping windscreen so all of last week I placed a windscreen silver protector on the outside[also keeps heat off screen] and the difference is chalk & cheese so I rang the people that make dash mats they told me the Mondeo is selling no where near enough cars to justify making a mould for them
:

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #8
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
That's where the problem is that large black dash locks in the heat through the large sloping windscreen so all of last week I placed a windscreen silver protector on the outside[also keeps heat off screen] and the difference is chalk & cheese so I rang the people that make dash mats they told me the Mondeo is selling no where near enough cars to justify making a mould for them
:

apstar
source a dash mat from europe, or directly from Ford in oz... globally, they sell buckets more than all of Ford oz combined... thats where you will get the dash mat from.
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #9
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Mondeo dash mats were on Ebay for $40.

Not sure if they are still there?

I want an alcantara dash mat made up, but it would be $$$
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post