Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 12-03-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
FRIKA
FRIKA

Default Goodbye Mondeo

Hopefully cross fingers I will shortly be departing with the XR5. Im sure some of you have read the issues ive had from day 1. I will be very pleased to say goodbye and hello to lil bro Focus XR5. Still in negotiation stage but hope to have it all finalised very soon.

I suppose its just luck of the draw. Its been my first car that has caused me headaches & stress. Other cars included Ford Escape, Hyundai Elantra, AU2 XR8, EA falcon and all these cars were fantastic. Oh well lets hope the next one treats me well.

Wish everyone hear goodluck with their Mondeos and many years of driving.

Old 13-03-2009, 05:55 AM   #2
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIKA
Hopefully cross fingers I will shortly be departing with the XR5. Im sure some of you have read the issues ive had from day 1. I will be very pleased to say goodbye and hello to lil bro Focus XR5. Still in negotiation stage but hope to have it all finalised very soon.

I suppose its just luck of the draw. Its been my first car that has caused me headaches & stress. Other cars included Ford Escape, Hyundai Elantra, AU2 XR8, EA falcon and all these cars were fantastic. Oh well lets hope the next one treats me well.

Wish everyone hear goodluck with their Mondeos and many years of driving.
Good luck. I hope the new car brings you much joy.

When mine was running well, it was just a fantastic car. Problems let it down, which is much the same as what grief your mondeo has given you. I'm putting mine down to being a first model thing. The LV is 3rd generation, so all those issues should have been ironed out. The same with my Mondeo. Its an 08 model and so far it has been fantastic. It's early days now, so time will tell. I am not sorry I made the switch. And I'm sure you will be much happier in an LV than your Mondeo.

My AU was the best car I ever owned. Ultra reliable. The focus was the worst with reliability.

Things I miss is the dash gauges, the sound you get when you plant the foot and the styling. I definitely don't miss the lack of boot space and the small things that seem to go wrong frequently.

Anyway, good luck with the new model. I hope to hear good things with your Focus. Good choice going with the blue. White is a good color too.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2009, 02:11 PM   #3
Katoomba

I wish you all the best to Frika. Not much worse than a problem car you're unhappy with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
My AU was the best car I ever owned. Ultra reliable.
If I could have back any car I've owned it since I got my license in the 60s it would be my 1972 Ford Fairlane ZD with the 302 V8. I loved that car and don't know why I sold it.

http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au...airlane_zd.htm

I've always thought Ford (and Holden) made a mistake when they made their upmarket cars resemble elongated Falcons (Commodore or whatever for GMH).
Old 13-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoomba
I wish you all the best to Frika. Not much worse than a problem car you're unhappy with.

If I could have back any car I've owned it since I got my license in the 60s it would be my 1972 Ford Fairlane ZD with the 302 V8. I loved that car and don't know why I sold it.

http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au...airlane_zd.htm

I've always thought Ford (and Holden) made a mistake when they made their upmarket cars resemble elongated Falcons (Commodore or whatever for GMH).
I had my Au for 5 years. In that time I replaced 1 ball joint, 2 rear shock mounts, 1 low beam headlight and a steering rack. The only repair I had to pay for was that ball joint. I think there was one or 2 minor things, but I can't remember the details. Other than, car never missed a beat from the day I got it. The AU copped a bad rapt, but in terms of reliability, nothing I ever owned could beat it.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #5
bearass
FG XR8

I have also recently departed with my Thunder XR5 after 20 thousand kilometers and updated to a FG XR8 sedan in lightning strike. Unlike yourself Frika I was lucky enough not to have too many problems - just the front door trims that came apart. Good luck with the Focus XR5 - very sexy car.
Old 14-03-2009, 09:06 AM   #6
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Good luck with the change!

My sister has an LV, you'll be very happy! They are a fun car.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post