Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 24-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
msford

Default iPhone 4S problem in MC

Sorry for starting a new thread if there's an existing one somewhere but I just have a quick, spare moment and wanted to ask this before I forget and before we embark on a 10 hour drive to Melbourne soon.

New iPhone 4S connected to MC Titanium with the cable (cheap Ebay version, not Ford cable). I have the 64GB phone so have downloaded heaps of my music on it.

I select/control the music via the steering wheel controls, which is why I got the cable. I'll select an album and I have noticed that the music freezes at times. It's sporadic. Sometimes into the first song being played, other times will play for quite a while and freeze, randomnly, somewhere later in the album.

The only way I've found to unfreeze it is to unplug cable and replug it in. Is it the cheap cable or is it an iPhone/Ford issue?

I have previously played the iPod Classic and didn't notice such a problem. I thought the iPhone would work just as well, as a music player, anyway.

Thanks in advance

msford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
Nichol

Default Re: iPhone 4S problem in MC

In my LW Focus, I'm just using a normal iPod USB cable to play my songs, which works fine. Albums/artists/playlists/etc all come up on the screen aswell.
Have you tried using a different cable?
Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
Spinner77

Two other possibilities:
(a) reboot your iphone, i.e. hold down the on-off switch and the button on the front until the thing restarts (could take a full minute - ignore any message on the screen until the Apple logo reappears);
(b) you have old Ford software installed - for the update go here:
http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity....wnloadsUpdates
Spinner77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
msford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner77
Two other possibilities:
(a) reboot your iphone, i.e. hold down the on-off switch and the button on the front until the thing restarts (could take a full minute - ignore any message on the screen until the Apple logo reappears);
(b) you have old Ford software installed - for the update go here:
http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity....wnloadsUpdates
Thanks. I have updated the Ford software. Next week's long drive will tell the tale if that was the culprit.
msford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post