Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-01-2018, 02:30 PM   #361
Sioso
irregular member

Default Re: Crypto $$$

$4.43 !!!
Didn't some experts estimate between $3 and $5 by the end of 2018....
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2018, 02:31 PM   #362
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioso View Post
$4.43 !!!
Didn't some experts estimate between $3 and $5 by the end of 2018....
Yep. It topped at $4.50 before

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

XF Falcon S Update EFI - SOLD
EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Now rocking the SZ Territory Titanium Petrol Family Beast
PHATAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2018, 02:57 PM   #363
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Outbackjack you must be eating gold leaf on every meal by now yeah?

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
2 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2018, 03:31 PM   #364
snap0964
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB-92 View Post
Been in the game for a number of years now. My 2c.
Be nice to dabble in some of the crypto's you suggest - BTC Markets seem to be somewhat limited, any suggestions to some alternatives?
snap0964 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2018, 03:57 PM   #365
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT View Post
I can relate...I have been waiting for a verification letter from BTC since the 21st of Dec, back when ripple was about $1
Somethings not right there? Your talking about btcmarkets.net? I was verified within minutes, did you use your license and passport when signing up? They use a Third party site for verification. CoinSpot has that ridiculous selfie policy where you have to take a selfie holding a piece of paper stating who you are. That's the one that takes 2 weeks to process.
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
ford man xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2018, 03:58 PM   #366
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford man xf View Post
Somethings not right there? Your talking about btcmarkets.net? I was verified within minutes, did you use your license and passport when signing up? They use a Third party site for verification. CoinSpot has that ridiculous selfie policy where you have to take a selfie holding a piece of paper stating who you are. That's the one that takes 2 weeks to process.
BTC Markets is simply a random luck of the draw thing. Sometimes a letter. Sometimes not.

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
This user likes this post:
Old 04-01-2018, 04:13 PM   #367
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATAL View Post
BTC Markets is simply a random luck of the draw thing. Sometimes a letter. Sometimes not.

I didn't realize this, that really sucks, it was literally 2 minutes of entering the information and I was approved. CoinSpot was the exact opposite.
It's almost like Crypto Currency trading is in its infancy in Australia....but it isn't. It's more to do with the Government regulation of the financial industry which is a good thing though they need to get rid of the red tape.
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:26 PM   #368
Sioso
irregular member

Coinspot took 2 weeks then sent an email saying congratulations you're verified, so I went to sign in and it doesn't recognise me or my email address - complete waste of time and they have all my details.....Coinspot can go #!%@ themselves.
BTC took 2 minutes, third party verification of my licence and I had an account.
Bpay deposits took a few days though.
I feel sorry for all the guys who had to wait for verification via snail mail - I'd be pi$$ed if I missed out on XPR @ $1.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2018, 04:39 PM   #369
Lunch
Wait, what?

I got in around $1 and I’m still pi**ed off, still, I showed the missus this morning where our humble investment is currently at and I think she’s starting to come around, she was a doubter..
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2018, 05:27 PM   #370
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford man xf View Post
That's what annoys me, I entered my drivers licence and it didn't even let me get to the passport, it said I had the 3 parts needed, said I was verified and then said a letter had been sent....WTF? I could've got in at $1 like Lunch.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:50 PM   #371
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
That's what annoys me, I entered my drivers licence and it didn't even let me get to the passport, it said I had the 3 parts needed, said I was verified and then said a letter had been sent....WTF? I could've got in at $1 like Lunch.
Yeh thats absolute bull****, I never had anything about a letter being sent. I know of a few people that missed out on Ripples low price, their not even bothering with it all now.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:37 PM   #372
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Going up again. People are still dropping mass coin on this even at $4.60.

I reckon 5 is gonna happen. What a day to sell 3/4 of my ripple. What a moron...

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 04-01-2018, 06:47 PM   #373
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

$4.72

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 04-01-2018, 07:00 PM   #374
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
When BTC markets had trouble with their POLi payments and backlog of BPays they were sending updates via Twitter (feed in bottom footer of their site) and on Facebook.

In the responses were people complaining of waiting ages for letter to complete verification, and then many of them soon after (like minutes to an hour) received a response from BTCM that they were validated.

It looked like communicating with them via Twitter or Facebook (I have neither) gets a quicker response (should say gets a response - lots of complaining about them not responding to emails).

If you have an account maybe chase them up via social media - worth a try.
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2018, 07:05 PM   #375
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Outbackjack you must be eating gold leaf on every meal by now yeah?
Thank you for messaging Outbackjack. I can't reply right now as I am shopping for an island. Your message is important to me and I will respond on my return MOTHER BITCHES!!!
Old 04-01-2018, 07:11 PM   #376
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

$4.80!

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 04-01-2018, 07:31 PM   #377
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good Ripple day.
Thats 4x what I bought for in 12 days.
Crazy stuff
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2018, 10:27 PM   #378
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I just opened a btcmarkets account and paid $500 via bpay. What do people suggest i spend that on?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2018, 10:35 PM   #379
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I just opened a btcmarkets account and paid $500 via bpay. What do people suggest i spend that on?
Did you get verified straight away?

I still think Ripple is going to increase further. Problem is nobody really knows....

I wouldnt buy any bitcoin. But the other guys on here know a lot more than me. I just sold a heap of Ripple on the worst possible day so what would I know..... LOL.

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 04-01-2018, 10:41 PM   #380
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I have some magic rocks you can buy off me for $500.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2018, 11:21 PM   #381
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Hi all. Been on the road fron the Alice to our holiday house in Yea, vic. Awesome to check in and see ripple doing so well. Sorry I got my estimates wrong. But I guess it was the rite kind of wrong. My personal estimate is 250.00 by Christmas 2018. But I hope I am wrong again. I sincerely hope you guys and girls make a life changing amount of money. My only advise is.... hold hold hold.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2018, 11:54 PM   #382
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Are you guys that are buying XRP new to Crypto? Do you even know how market caps work? Do you know what a hyped coin is? It's going to crash for sure. Everything XRP stands for is against what crypto stands for, everyone just looking for a quick buck and has no idea what XRP has the capacity to do to the crypto world. XRP isn't even a well performing coin when you look at the market caps. 1850% was my best performing coin last year, do some research and diversify your wallets.

Not that i care, I only have a a little left in crypto as i cashed out before Christmas.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2018, 12:00 AM   #383
Lunch
Wait, what?

Very new
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2018, 12:11 AM   #384
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

23/12/2017...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
This stuff is worthless.
I have 20 painted rocks and that is all that will ever be made, can you give me $10000 for them?

Good work scamming the new players if you got in early but pyramid schemes have existed since the beginning of money.
04/01/2017...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
I have some magic rocks you can buy off me for $500.
I dunno about this one - magic rocks might have consolidated and I'd be buying on the dip, but they have lost quite a bit in the last 2 weeks and could keep going.

Hope you didn't buy in to them at the $10k all-time-high.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2018, 12:52 AM   #385
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Just another FYI if anyone is wondering if BTC Markets is actually for real I have just received the cash in my bank account for the ripple that I stupidly sold. So proof of concept at least I guess. So it works.

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 05-01-2018, 09:25 AM   #386
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Just another FYI if anyone is wondering if BTC Markets is actually for real I have just received the cash in my bank account for the ripple that I stupidly sold. So proof of concept at least I guess. So it works.

You pulled out a profit, it’s worth it, you can’t dwell on a profit decision. Greed gets a lot of people. I bought a coin at 3 cents and sold it at a dollar, that coin is now $6.40. I pulled out a healthy profit that I was happy with, I don’t regret it at all. Most the time before I cashed out I would pull my initial investment out at 100% profit and then let it run until I felt greed was taking over, then I’d sell. There is always correction in the market.
4 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2018, 09:27 AM   #387
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Are you guys that are buying XRP new to Crypto? Do you even know how market caps work? Do you know what a hyped coin is? It's going to crash for sure. Everything XRP stands for is against what crypto stands for, everyone just looking for a quick buck and has no idea what XRP has the capacity to do to the crypto world. XRP isn't even a well performing coin when you look at the market caps. 1850% was my best performing coin last year, do some research and diversify your wallets.

Not that i care, I only have a a little left in crypto as i cashed out before Christmas.
Ripple/XRP had ~28,000% growth last year.
I wouldn't call that hyped, and would say it is very well performing.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:28 AM   #388
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
You pulled out a profit, it’s worth it, you can’t dwell on a profit decision. Greed gets a lot of people. I bought a coin at 3 cents and sold it at a dollar, that coin is now $6.40. I pulled out a healthy profit that I was happy with, I don’t regret it at all. Most the time before I cashed out I would pull my initial investment out at 100% profit and then let it run until I felt greed was taking over, then I’d sell. There is always correction in the market.
Cheers mate. I am wary that this is a dangerous feeling. My thoughts now are to keep my initial investment now and then play with the profits. If I lose that then I am no worse off.

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 05-01-2018, 10:07 AM   #389
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Ripple/XRP had ~28,000% growth last year.
I wouldn't call that hyped, and would say it is very well performing.
Sure it's performing well over time but it has the potential to crash the whole crypto scene, led by the banks to destroy bitcoin. Those who believe in crypto instead of money wouldn't even dream of investing in XRP. I saw it as an investment early, read the white paper like i do for all coins i invest in and I didn't want a bar of it.

Last edited by fordomatic; 05-01-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:16 AM   #390
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Sure it's performing well over time but it has the potential to crash the whole crypto scene, led by the banks to destroy bitcoin. Those who believe in crypto instead of money wouldn't even dream of investing in XRP. I saw it as an investment early, read the white paper like i do for all coins i invest in and I didn't want a bar of it.
I see them all as dubious and volatile - 6 of one, half dozen of the other kind of thing.

I chose Ripple cos it's low and can really only go up, and it has.

I did little research because I only threw in a few bucks and don't really care if I lose it.
2 users like this post: