Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-09-2022, 09:52 PM   #1681
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallye Sport View Post
We came across an odd one today. After installing a new retic station we couldn't get one of the sprinklers to pop up. We pulled it all apart and flushed it with no luck. Thinking it was the sprinkler we changed it out, a couple of times, still no luck. After much head scratching and a little swearing it was discovered that one of the elbows was a dud, I don't know how but the cavity had been closed off in the moulding process. It was a complete blank

Looks like we need to check the rest of them in the bag tomorrow.

WOW!!

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 28-09-2022, 10:07 PM   #1682
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Picked up another customer today, friend of a friend, green leafy area, old bungalow with stunning garden, clipped jap box, Lilly pilly clipped into Christmas tree shapes. Old gardener had been phoning it in. Everything was being trimmed irregularly, no pest control or fertiliser.
Customer absolutely thrilled that I tidied it up, sprayed, and fertilised, and discussed an ongoing maintenance program. Booked it for monthly service. How hard is it??
At another later in the day, a small courtyard with plain jap box hedges, I was trimming, this old Italian gets out of his $3000 car and gets my attention- My house! Up there! Number 12! You look, you cut, all cash, as much as you want! I drive past, it’s a 2 storey mansion, what a crack up

2019 LDV G10
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 28-09-2022, 11:01 PM   #1683
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
Picked up another customer today, friend of a friend, green leafy area, old bungalow with stunning garden, clipped jap box, Lilly pilly clipped into Christmas tree shapes. Old gardener had been phoning it in. Everything was being trimmed irregularly, no pest control or fertiliser.
Customer absolutely thrilled that I tidied it up, sprayed, and fertilised, and discussed an ongoing maintenance program. Booked it for monthly service. How hard is it??
At another later in the day, a small courtyard with plain jap box hedges, I was trimming, this old Italian gets out of his $3000 car and gets my attention- My house! Up there! Number 12! You look, you cut, all cash, as much as you want! I drive past, it’s a 2 storey mansion, what a crack up
Just be careful with those, there is a reason why they are wealthy and will always want 110% effort at 30% of payment.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-09-2022, 11:06 PM   #1684
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Never seen anything like that!
“I’ll have a bag of 13mm blanking elbows, please.”

Hope the manufacturer doesn’t diversify into toilet pans.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2022, 07:46 PM   #1685
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I have been in the horticultural industry for over 17 years and have been cutting lawns for 22 years. Four years of study and all those years in the field have taught me a lot, and still have plenty more to learn.

I say that in context to a customer we have come into the nursery, almost always on the busiest day of the week and during the busiest part of the day. This person has been gardening and lawn mowing for twice as long as me, and yet he knows absolutely nothing about the industry he works in. He has a habit of bailing up a staff member to ask technical questions that he should really know the answer to, stuff that people usually figure out simply by being exposed to it all day long. And it's always the same questions, each and every time he comes in. And all the while, this is taking a team member away from genuine customers who are willing to buy far more than he ever intends to.

I don't even bother to entrain him these days, it can become repetitive answering people's questions as it is, let alone answering the same questions over and over to the same person every few weeks. Time put into his questions is not balanced out buy his spending amounts, so I leave him to it and hope I manage to be busy elsewhere when he arrives at the register.

None of us can figure out how this person has gone this far in his career without actually learning anything other than how to start a lawn mower.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2022, 10:25 PM   #1686
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have been in the horticultural industry for over 17 years and have been cutting lawns for 22 years. Four years of study and all those years in the field have taught me a lot, and still have plenty more to learn.

I say that in context to a customer we have come into the nursery, almost always on the busiest day of the week and during the busiest part of the day. This person has been gardening and lawn mowing for twice as long as me, and yet he knows absolutely nothing about the industry he works in. He has a habit of bailing up a staff member to ask technical questions that he should really know the answer to, stuff that people usually figure out simply by being exposed to it all day long. And it's always the same questions, each and every time he comes in. And all the while, this is taking a team member away from genuine customers who are willing to buy far more than he ever intends to.

I don't even bother to entrain him these days, it can become repetitive answering people's questions as it is, let alone answering the same questions over and over to the same person every few weeks. Time put into his questions is not balanced out buy his spending amounts, so I leave him to it and hope I manage to be busy elsewhere when he arrives at the register.

None of us can figure out how this person has gone this far in his career without actually learning anything other than how to start a lawn mower.
This is the reason I can’t listen to any gardening talk back shows on radio, the same questions and answers over and over again.
Full credit to my garden centre comrades who parrot the response and gesture to the wall of products that will “fix” the problem. Half the time the answer is “it’s the wrong time of year for your plant to be fruiting/flowering/growing vigorously, but sure I’ll sell you this stuff to ‘boost’ it”, then sept comes along and everything grows on its own anyway:/

2019 LDV G10
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 02-10-2022, 10:54 PM   #1687
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Gardening programs on the radio?

“I’ve got a problem with my lemon tree.”

Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2022, 11:52 PM   #1688
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mowed some of the house paddock this arvo.
It's only just hit October and I only mowed it last Tuesday!
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2022, 01:10 AM   #1689
hayseed

[QUOTE=DFB FGXR6;6748121 And it's always the same questions, each and every time he comes in. [/QUOTE]

Might be Oldtimers Disease setting In...??
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-10-2022, 04:59 PM   #1690
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Gardening programs on the radio?

“I’ve got a problem with my lemon tree.”

OMG, YES!!

Lemon trees, oh the joy of lemon trees. The amount of time, money and effort some people put into these bloody things, they may as well just buy them at the supermarket.

Question: "Why is my lemon tree not growing/not fruiting/not looking healthy........"

Responses:

"Did you water it?" - No
"Did you feed it"? - No
"Did you choose the correct soil or position"? - No

So, you put no effort into the planting and caring for the tree, and then wonder why it is not thriving?

Oh, and then you get the tree question most middle-aged guys are just dying to ask - "Is it true you can pee on them to make them grow......."

The joys of dealing with the general public!
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2022, 05:14 PM   #1691
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
This is the reason I can’t listen to any gardening talk back shows on radio, the same questions and answers over and over again.
Full credit to my garden centre comrades who parrot the response and gesture to the wall of products that will “fix” the problem. Half the time the answer is “it’s the wrong time of year for your plant to be fruiting/flowering/growing vigorously, but sure I’ll sell you this stuff to ‘boost’ it”, then sept comes along and everything grows on its own anyway:/
Sometimes it's like murder, sometimes it's the most rewarding part of the job.

There are customers whose sole purpose is to get under your skin, question everything you say, debate your suggestions for something they can get elsewhere and just be downright asshats. They are generally the ones who will question prices and ask for discount, fully unaware of much of your time they have taken up and therefore do not see the value they have gotten with the product and information they leave with.

And then there are the ones who listen, question appropriately, be honest with what they have done in the past, who appreciate the time you are taking to make their garden be as successful as it can be. Those customers make you feel like a million dollars and generally make it known that they are appreciative of your help. And they come back and ask for you specifically.

My favorites are those new to gardening, generally younger couples doing their first home. They know what they want but don't really know where to start. Guiding them in the right direction and giving them the confidence to just have a go is very rewarding. I often say that they will fail on a few things, that just how it is and in general it teaches you lessons. These customers end up being long term customers because they trust you and trust your advice.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2022, 05:19 PM   #1692
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
I was at my clients place last week while they were catching a swarm, the second in a week. I ended up getting stung on the jaw and then on the head as one or two got tangled up in my jacket and then hat. It's strange how docile they are when all is well, but when they swarm, they are become so aggressive and dive bomb anyone in sight.
So compared to when they are swarming, a happy beehive is one that can be approached with relative safety.

Mustang GT

Old 03-10-2022, 06:25 PM   #1693
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

More blower issues!

To set the scene, my normal process for doing a lawn is to do the edges first with a line trimmer or edger and then get the blower out to direct any leaves, debris or clippings from the edges back onto the lawn. I then mow, cutting the grass and sucking up whatever had been blown onto the lawn.

So having done the edges and blowing, I put the blower on top of the bins and started mowing. Out of the corner of my eye, the guy decided to grab my blower to clean under his boat. Next thing I know, he had the machine on its side trying and had managed to catch my attention. Somehow, he managed to yank on the starter rope and snap something inside, preventing the recoil from doing its job. I pulled the starter/engine cover off the unit but was not something I could repair.

This guy is a bit of a derro and not someone I feel entirely comfortable around so I didn't make a fuss, explaining the machine is on its last legs anyway. Still, the repair itself will cost about $100, add the lost time and travel to the Stihl dealer, this will end up costing me in excess of $150.

So, in attempting to earn $55 from cutting the lawns, I ended up with a bill for $150. NOT HAPPY.

I was once told that "you can lend your wife, but never your chainsaw".......similar concept here, although the guy didn't actually ask to borrow the blower in the first place.
Mustang GT

Old 03-10-2022, 10:14 PM   #1694
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep, I no longer loan my tools, despite giving specific instructions on how to operate, they invariably come back worse off. I’m not kennards hire with mechanics on staff to fix it ready to send out again.
Loaned one of my battery tools once, specific instructions-charge the batteries as soon as you finish using them. I was handed back a box of dead flat batteries

2019 LDV G10
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 03-10-2022, 10:22 PM   #1695
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Yep, I no longer loan my tools, despite giving specific instructions on how to operate, they invariably come back worse off. I’m not kennards hire with mechanics on staff to fix it ready to send out again.
Loaned one of my battery tools once, specific instructions-charge the batteries as soon as you finish using them. I was handed back a box of dead flat batteries
Yep, I don't lend tools either. I pay for tools with my own money, no reason why the person asking can't do the same. And if they can't afford to, then work harder!

What annoyed me about today was the guy didn't even ask to use it in the first place. If he was a real man, he would have paid for the repair, but I suspect his money goes into other certain dependencies.........
Mustang GT

Old 03-10-2022, 10:28 PM   #1696
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
The joys of dealing with the general public!
Apologies for off topic but you know that old saying 'there's always someone worse off than you' ?

A friend's wife has just retired...................she did >15 years at Centrelink.
Old 03-10-2022, 10:31 PM   #1697
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Apologies for off topic but you know that old saying 'there's always someone worse off than you' ?

A friend's wife has just retired...................she did >15 years at Centrelink.
OMG! She is clearly a strong-minded person to last that long at Centrelink.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2022, 12:29 PM   #1698
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
@FTE217 - Is this the prostrate weed you asked about on DFB’s thread?
CB, been OS the last weeks and just catching up on threads.
YEP thats the bugga !
What is it ? its a strong spreading one, I've been keeping it under control by hand picking but you can't get it all.
A chem will be the winner.
Being I was finally home the long weekend it was get onto the garden and grass cutting being the first of the season.
I know I shouldn't cut then poison but I did anyway, got this
https://www.bunnings.com.au/roundup-...iller_p0085995 though the one suitable to spray on buffalo.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2022, 12:35 PM   #1699
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Next up o wise ones, extendable brush trimmer.
I have used a hand me down elect Ryobi for years, yes its not the best but did the job.
I did the job as well amongst bushy plants working back I caught the extension lead :( yes the Ryobi fried lol......and blew the granny flat fuse
Whats your suggestions ?
I'm sure DFB will give me a good run down - say a budget to $500.
Is battery power more viable now to petrol ? for I sure not going to get another lead following one.
I do need a adjustable/tilt head for many places I cannot use a ladder for the high areas.
Is DeWalt/Makita good options from Bunnings ?
Old 05-10-2022, 02:31 PM   #1700
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
Mowed some of the house paddock this arvo.
It's only just hit October and I only mowed it last Tuesday!
Such a dilemma having the grass grow so early, mowing my paddock or slashing it when the ground is so soft from all the rain ends up tearing the pasture to shreds, and gets pretty sketchy making turns as its pretty steep
I have a TYM T273 Tractor with slasher like the below

Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2022, 02:43 PM   #1701
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
I have used a hand me down elect Ryobi for years, yes its not the best but did the job.
I did the job as well amongst bushy plants working back I caught the extension lead :( yes the Ryobi fried lol......and blew the granny flat fuse
Whats your suggestions ?
Is battery power more viable now to petrol ? for I sure not going to get another lead following one.
I do need a adjustable/tilt head for many places I cannot use a ladder for the high areas.
Depends on how much you need to trim. But in general, battery powered will be much lighter and easier to use then petrol powered. Brushless tools perform better then brushed. Higher amp hour batteries last longer. If you only have 1 battery and more work then the run time, that can be annoying as you have to wait for it to charge, but if you have 2 batteries, swap them over and charge the other. The current lithium batteries take less time to charge then run out. 2 stroke, yeah, just fill the tank whenit runs out, but deffinately more weight motor side and more noise.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2022, 02:51 PM   #1702
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Yep, I don't lend tools either. I pay for tools with my own money, no reason why the person asking can't do the same. And if they can't afford to, then work harder!

What annoyed me about today was the guy didn't even ask to use it in the first place. If he was a real man, he would have paid for the repair, but I suspect his money goes into other certain dependencies.........
Change the brand of the tools and this is the vision I have of what you look like, DFB. Oh, and the fact that he mentioned that swear word product name used to jazz up tyres

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2022, 03:35 PM   #1703
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Whats your suggestions ?
whipper snipper of Hedge trimmer?

for the Wipper snipper IMO the battery ones are toys compare the the power you get from the 2 stroke.

They are not heavy and you hold them balanced midway or use a strap.

I use a $300 Ryobi a top of the line Honda is just over $500.

for the hedge trimmer I use a a power Ryobi, once again the battery ones just don't have the grunt, and for this application having lightweight is really important and the powered one seemed to be the lightest.

be prepared to cut a few cords though, everyone does it.
Old 05-10-2022, 04:35 PM   #1704
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

yer not needing whipper snipper, got a stihl petrol one.
Hedge I need, you got me thinking bugger battery for they are not any stronger in power like my electric ryobi one.
I have cut leads/cords twice not wanting to go through that again for it rights off 2 items having to buy again, think I'll go to petrol, win win, power and no cords to cut BUT I don't see any with long poles (spouse you got to buy connecters).....DFB hopefully shows me the way
I'll keep surfing and check this out
https://www.catch.com.au/product/hyu...p=47&asp=&aqi=

https://www.catch.com.au/product/bla...p=52&asp=&aqi=

or should I stick by tried and proven brands.

Ryobi ?

Last edited by FTE217; 05-10-2022 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-10-2022, 06:55 PM   #1705
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Hedge I need, you got me thinking bugger battery for they are not any stronger in power like my electric ryobi one.
I have cut leads/cords twice not wanting to go through that again for it rights off 2 items having to buy again, think I'll go to petrol, win win, power and no cords to cut BUT I don't see any with long poles (spouse you got to buy connecters).....DFB hopefully shows me the way

Ryobi ?
Firstly, the two linked petrol machines. I don't think you will find much better value than those. But........

-One of my boss's bought something similar a few years ago, build quality was poor and the engine very harsh to use.

-Depending on how fit you are, those machines are very heavy. I have a Stihl Combi power head with the hedge trimmer attachment. It was so heavy and poorly balanced that I dreaded using it. I have issues with my back, so I have sidelined it.

https://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...M-56-RC-E.aspx
https://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...e-Trimmer.aspx

I'm currently using the Stihl battery powered HLA 56, I love it as it's way more balanced and I can use it without feeling like crap afterwards. I also have a regular HSA 56.

https://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...Skin-Only.aspx

https://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...SA-56-Kit.aspx

The HLA 56 is only available as a skin, so you would have to buy the battery and charger as well, putting out of your budget. The HSA 56 is available in both skin and kit form.

For me, I would 100% go for a battery powered hedge trimmer, no question! The way these machines are used often means the engine is banging away at head level, blowing fumes all over your face. They are also heavier and more fatiguing. As for power, unless you are cutting very woody growth like Cupressus, then the battery gear is more than capable. I have never been left wanting for power with the battery hedge trimmers, and that is from a mad keen 2-stroke nut!

Couple of ways to go here -

-Considering you have a large garden, perhaps it would be good to invest in a battery system that will support a range of tools. Either look into the Stihl AK or AL system. Otherwise, the EGO range is powered by the best battery system in the world.

-If that is not appealing, then considering you already have the Ryobi battery system, then look into their range of hedge trimmers -
https://www.ryobi.com.au/garden-tool...hedge-trimmers
Mustang GT

4 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2022, 07:01 PM   #1706
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Change the brand of the tools and this is the vision I have of what you look like, DFB. Oh, and the fact that he mentioned that swear word product name used to jazz up tyres

100% me!
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2022, 12:50 AM   #1707
hayseed

hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2022, 08:00 AM   #1708
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Firstly, the two linked petrol machines. I don't think you will find much better value than those. But........

-One of my boss's bought something similar a few years ago, build quality was poor and the engine very harsh to use.

-Depending on how fit you are, those machines are very heavy. I have a Stihl Combi power head with the hedge trimmer attachment. It was so heavy and poorly balanced that I dreaded using it. I have issues with my back, so I have sidelined it.

https://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...M-56-RC-E.aspx
https://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...e-Trimmer.aspx

I'm currently using the Stihl battery powered HLA 56, I love it as it's way more balanced and I can use it without feeling like crap afterwards. I also have a regular HSA 56.

https://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...Skin-Only.aspx

https://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...SA-56-Kit.aspx

The HLA 56 is only available as a skin, so you would have to buy the battery and charger as well, putting out of your budget. The HSA 56 is available in both skin and kit form.

For me, I would 100% go for a battery powered hedge trimmer, no question! The way these machines are used often means the engine is banging away at head level, blowing fumes all over your face. They are also heavier and more fatiguing. As for power, unless you are cutting very woody growth like Cupressus, then the battery gear is more than capable. I have never been left wanting for power with the battery hedge trimmers, and that is from a mad keen 2-stroke nut!

Couple of ways to go here -

-Considering you have a large garden, perhaps it would be good to invest in a battery system that will support a range of tools. Either look into the Stihl AK or AL system. Otherwise, the EGO range is powered by the best battery system in the world.

-If that is not appealing, then considering you already have the Ryobi battery system, then look into their range of hedge trimmers -
https://www.ryobi.com.au/garden-tool...hedge-trimmers

Great feedback as always DFB.
Thanks.
Yes agree battery is better for long use weight and overall good for the body for my garden is large as mentioned.
I’m fit enough but anything to make lighter work.
Those 2 no name ones not worth the risk by the sound of it plus I wasn’t that keen.

Correct I currently have the ryobi battery chargers and 3 batteries.
The easy purchase is going the ryobi hedge trimmer but damn I like the look of the EGO products !
Think I’ll go suss them out before I go ryobi at this stage.
Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2022, 01:23 PM   #1709
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Ryobi ?
Does your Stihl have a detachable pole as per DFB's very post?

The Genuine Stihl attachment is a bit radical at $450.

But you can get an aftermarket attachment to the fit the Stihl for $90 off ebay
Old 06-10-2022, 02:03 PM   #1710
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Nah my whipper stihl is the FS38/45 range with the curved end to the head so I doubt any attach is designed for them....but good thinking.

I've checked up locally on the EGO ones.
Damn I like but double edged sword.
The kit with battery charger and battery not bad price at $800 odd.
Then you'd keep buying that brand be it mower or other appliances that I can run same similar batteries......
Much like going Ryobi being I have the blower and 3batteries atm.
Smart is keep going Ryobi being I have the charger and just keep adding.
I used to rate Ryobi back in the ol days for it was quality product and Made In Japan but like all the brands moving to China they all have cheapened their quality barring the few exceptions.
Becoming a Bunnings brand is the other - sure for the brand its good volume business but we all know why.
2 users like this post: