Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 26-03-2008, 02:28 AM   #301
TheVON
Starter Motor

Hi.

just ordered the TDCi Hatch (awesome car) but I was wondering if it is possible to get the XR5 rear spoiler installed ?
TheVON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2008, 11:50 AM   #302
jared79
Sock Puppets

I doubt Ford would do it, but maybe a 3rd party body shop may. I would be surprised if anyone is doing it yet as the car is still new to the Australian Market. What I want is the Convers+ HMI (think thats what it's called) from the XR5. Hopefully someone will be able to install them one day.

Ford Mondeo Zetec Hatch in Blue Ambition
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2008, 12:01 PM   #303
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared79
I doubt Ford would do it, but maybe a 3rd party body shop may. I would be surprised if anyone is doing it yet as the car is still new to the Australian Market. What I want is the Convers+ HMI (think thats what it's called) from the XR5. Hopefully someone will be able to install them one day.
I might be interested in this as well. I've been trying to find a good picture of the convers display in a diesel in Europe. All the press photos seem to be of the petrol versions. I imagine we'd need one with a slightly modified tacho as compared to the petrol ones....
Old 01-04-2008, 06:44 PM   #304
mondeoxr5
Starter Motor

Hi all

First time poster but long time lurker

Just got my hands on a Sea Grey Mondeo xr5 turbo w/bluetooth and here is the amazing part, it only took me four weeks from buying the car to actually getting it. And i live in the north-west of wa.

Just took it for a drive to broome last week and I just cant get over how accomplished these cars are on the open road. I have also been getting a lot of envious looks since mine is the only one in town. Almost every time I park it I get people coming over to find out what it is.

I would also like to thank the posters on this forum because you were a lot of help when I was thinking on buying this car.

And of course, here is a picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mondeo.jpg (48.2 KB, 70 views)
mondeoxr5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #305
bearass
FG XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeoxr5
Hi all

First time poster but long time lurker

Just got my hands on a Sea Grey Mondeo xr5 turbo w/bluetooth and here is the amazing part, it only took me four weeks from buying the car to actually getting it. And i live in the north-west of wa.

Just took it for a drive to broome last week and I just cant get over how accomplished these cars are on the open road. I have also been getting a lot of envious looks since mine is the only one in town. Almost every time I park it I get people coming over to find out what it is.

I would also like to thank the posters on this forum because you were a lot of help when I was thinking on buying this car.

And of course, here is a picture

Congradulations and enjoy.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #306
Waheed
Starter Motor

Its been really interesting reading all the posts about the mondeo, the best part is that hardly anyone seems to have anything bad to say about the car, which is good because my partner and I are collecting our Blue Ambition TDCI Sedan with Bluetooth on Saturday.

Can't wait to get it. It will be my first brand new car too which is cool. Amazingly we were told it would be 3-4 month wait to get a car but once we had finalised all the options etc we were told they actually had one car matching our exact spec in stock. So no long wait for us!
Waheed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #307
Katoomba

Saturday will be an exciting day for you and your partner, Waheed. I think, like all the posters on this forum, you will find the Mondeo a really terrific car.

I know if I won Lotto I'd be down to my dealers really fast to buy another one - one for me and one for my partner. :-)
Katoomba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #308
Waheed
Starter Motor

Yeh i am pretty excited!

We will only be having the one car and for the next 3 weeks at least she will be driving it to work while I will be riding my not so exciting push bike.

But at least i will get to do all the night driving.
Waheed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #309
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Had my rear spats and tow bar fitted yesterday, the bonnet protector and carpets last week. All good. They had to fit a module and a new wiring loom because of the parking sensors.

All good, although the sunroof is leaking a bit more, and will have to go back to the dealer to be fixed. Likewise the passenger seat's leather is starting to split from the stitching where her back touches the seat.

Otherwise all good. I am a picky bastard, so these things annoy me when they may not other people.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 07:57 PM   #310
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Had my rear spats and tow bar fitted yesterday....
Dusty1, is yours a Hatch or Sedan?
How long did it take for them to fit the towbar?
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 10:00 PM   #311
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbly
Dusty1, is yours a Hatch or Sedan?
How long did it take for them to fit the towbar?
They had the car all day. The dealer drops a car off to me, and they take mine. They drop it back when everything is completed. As you can see, things still aren't.

It is a Ford part too, the towbar, and the cabling is under the parking sensors. They had to install a new wiring loom and a module to make sure it didn't do something to the parking sensors. The dealer told me, that it could cause a fire if it wasn't done properly.

It's a hatch.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:07 PM   #312
jared79
Sock Puppets

Dusty, have they replaced your A Pillars. My Ford dealer has ordered mine, so they should be here soon.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #313
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared79
Dusty, have they replaced your A Pillars. My Ford dealer has ordered mine, so they should be here soon.
It has to go back in again, to get the sunroof, and the tear in the seat fixed. They will probably fix it then. They did say they have it and just have to fit it. No doubt this will probably turn into another drama.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:36 PM   #314
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by micktorr2000
I'm not sure if anyone has tried setting the global open and close for the power windows. I had to set them before I could get the windows to work properly. Put the windows fully down then up and hold the button for 3 seconds after it hits the top. You may have to try this several times and you will be able to hear a click when it has been set. I hope this helps.
This is a good tip because the Australian in-car manual is useless on telling you how to reset the global locks. It has two instructions - 1 that that tells you to go another section & in that other section it instructs you to go back to the first instruction. The only thing I could deduce after looking at the European version, courtesy of TheColonel was that the battery had to be disconnected to reset the global locking.

I only have one question - which button should I be pressing for three seconds? I'm guessing it's the 'up' button. I really want to make sure because there's so many 'shortcuts' to setting things up.

Crikey, you should have seen the dealer trying to make my key 'twin' with the car. As it turned out the Ford instructions were incorrect (no surprise there) and it took three of their 'experts' before they could make it work.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:14 PM   #315
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Someone just got themselves a bargain at Titan Ford in WA. demo Zetec sedan with leather for 31990 plus stamp duty!!! .......I missed out :( ...the car is still on carsales.

Anyway going to look at something else they have in stock so still might be in a new Mondeo soon
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #316
GT014

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRmn8
Someone just got themselves a bargain at Titan Ford in WA. demo Zetec sedan with leather for 31990 plus stamp duty!!! .......I missed out :( ...the car is still on carsales.

Anyway going to look at something else they have in stock so still might be in a new Mondeo soon

Bugger, im checking it daily, but Vic only
GT014 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #317
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Confirmed my XR5 in Blue Ambition, with Bluetooth today. 3-4 weeks wait.
$4,500 variation between quotes!
Can't wait!!
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 03:07 PM   #318
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRU842
Confirmed my XR5 in Blue Ambition, with Bluetooth today. 3-4 weeks wait.
$4,500 variation between quotes!
Can't wait!!

Congratulations, you are going to love it. Oh and Blue Ambition is an awesome colour. Enjoy.

Old 14-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #319
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well we signed the dotted line tonight

Zetec patrol sedan in Stardust silver.
Option: Leather, Bluetooth, Tow bar, Premium floor mats, mud spats and some dark tint (getting done after delivery).

Anyone have a picture to of mud spats fitted?

Cheers
Old 15-04-2008, 02:38 PM   #320
Katoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRmn8
Anyone have a picture to of mud spats fitted?

Cheers
Sorry, no pics, but they do look good as they're molded for the body shape not just some random aftermarket thing.

Make sure they fit them properly (screwed on just not with the clips holding them): one of my rear ones fell off this morning and had been scraping occasionally making me think I had a rear suspension problem.
Katoomba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #321
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If the dealer can have the car ready for us we should be picking up the Mondeo Wednesday night next week!

What sort of economy are people getting with the 2.3 patrol? Also what fule do you put in your car 91, 95 or 98?

We had a demo with 1600km on is for a weekend test drive and with a mix of 20:80 highway:city it returned about 9l/100km. I thought that was pretty god for a car that was not even run in yet.
Old 18-04-2008, 12:19 PM   #322
jared79
Sock Puppets

I get around 700km out of a tank around town using 91 as the Mondeo has been tuned to work well with ethenol blend. I have tried 95 and get about the same. But I did fill up with 98 last week and only got about 600km out of the tank, which I though was a bit strange. Maybe with on going use it will improve. But it's just 2 expensive and I didn't really notice any power differences.

Old 18-04-2008, 02:29 PM   #323
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

I used 95 for the first 2000 k's or so and tried a tank of 98 just to see if there was any difference. Fuel consumption was the same around town, don't know if it will have an effect on the highway or not....... but, I did notice quite a difference in torque down low. I travel the same 40km route to work every morning and there are several roads that have raised pavement speed humps and with 95 I find I'm a little to fast for 2nd gear and a little to slow for 3rd (being very fussy here!) but with 98 it pulls away much cleaner in 3rd than it does with 95. That is really the only difference that I have noticed. Turbo cars do tend to respond better to the higher octane fuels than non turbo’s.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 12:11 AM   #324
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

1st post sorry if it has been covered Q. is the air-con as bad as some reviewers make out it to be they say it does not do a good job of the large cabin and its not cold

cheers apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 12:16 AM   #325
jared79
Sock Puppets

I find the Air con ok, My old Falcon was colder. But it works fine. On a hot day you just have to remember to close the vents. Then it works fine. Recently we had a 40c+ day in Brisbane and of course it struggled a little (most cars would) but it cooled the car down and we where comfortable. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Old 19-04-2008, 12:21 AM   #326
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks jared79 so I assume the color of the car may help like white which does not look to be popular color

cheers apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #327
jared79
Sock Puppets

Well, I guess so, everyone always says that white is the best for AirCon. But personally, I didn't let that be a deciding factor in choosing a colour.

Old 23-04-2008, 06:10 PM   #328
brucel
brucel

After talking to my dealer I am confused about what towbars are actually available and their costs (including fitting). From the forum there seems to be a 1200kg, 1600kg without levelling kit and 1600kg with levelling kit. My dealer only talks about a 1200kg bar. Prices quoted for fitting this were $950.
brucel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 07:11 PM   #329
scribbly

Well my 1600kg with leveling kit is being fitted tomorrow by Ford. I'm thinking your dealer needs to get with the program and do more research.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
Old 23-04-2008, 07:13 PM   #330
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucel
After talking to my dealer I am confused about what towbars are actually available and their costs (including fitting). From the forum there seems to be a 1200kg, 1600kg without levelling kit and 1600kg with levelling kit. My dealer only talks about a 1200kg bar. Prices quoted for fitting this were $950.
I thought the Mondeo has a 750kg un-breaked and 1200kg breaked tow rating. Not sure why they would have a 1600kg tow bar?

I got a factory tow bar fitted for $800. I am not going to tow anything over 400kg so I am not too worried about load ratings.