Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 08-01-2008, 10:45 PM   #121
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Picked up my TDCi Mondeo today - really happy with the blue ambition. Haven't taken it for a good drive yet but it feels great. Will post a couple of pics shortly. Haven't even read the manual yet but I have a couple of questions for those who have one. Is the sunroof supposed to close automatically when you lock the car? Also, are the diesels supposed to come with a fuel filler adapter for the larger nozzles? Thanks.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:51 PM   #122
TheColonel

Yes and yes i believe... I have a digital copy (pdf) of the manual if anyone is interested (from europe) PM me if interested... fuel filler adapter may be in the boot with the spare tyre
Old 08-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #123
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Hold the lock button to activate global close - then the sunroof closes, also closing all the windows. You have to hold it down though, it doesn't just close automatically as you may choose to leave the sunroof open but lock the car to keep it cool.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:20 PM   #124
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superoo
Is the sunroof supposed to close automatically when you lock the car? Also, are the diesels supposed to come with a fuel filler adapter for the larger nozzles? Thanks.
All windows and sunroof will close if you hold the lock button down for around 3 seconds. Likewise they will all open if you hold the unlock button down for a similar time.

Mine was supplied without the fuel filler adapter. Dealer advised that they will be supplied when stocks are available.

Can anyone advise if there is a bluetooth feature operating instruction as it does not seem to be covered in the owners manual?
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 11:23 PM   #125
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT046
Well the day finally arrived. After a wait of 2 months to the day we finally have our TDCi Hatch in Frozen White complete with leather, sunroof and bluetooth .... what a machine.

Still have yet to tackle the bluetooth feature .... maybe tomorrow.

One minor issue the rear lift door when open is too high to fit under the panel lift door ..... I guess the answer is to reverse in or unload/load outside which is not too convenient in the wet.

Minor quibble more than balanced by the other superb features.

Bugger didnt even think about once the hatch is open wether it would hit the garage roof. : :
Old 08-01-2008, 11:32 PM   #126
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIKA
Bugger didnt even think about once the hatch is open wether it would hit the garage roof. : :
Yeah - I was worried about the same thing. Lucky mine is OK. They do open a fair way. I'm about 6 foot and my arm straight up is probably about the height of the open hatch. Thanks for the other responses. I'll give the global close another go.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:35 AM   #127
jared79
Sock Puppets

Just looking through everyones post's. Has everyone here ordered the Hatch? I can't see anyone with the sedan. I ordered a hatch because I think they look better. What does everyone else think?
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #128
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I've had a hatch since before Xmas, and I have a few minor quibbles:

Can't get the windscreen wipers into a stand up position without turning them off at the top of their arc - wait and see
The follow me home lighting has to be done every time, not automatically like in my partners XT
The visors look cheap
No large filler nozzle
A second km reader would be nice, especially when you need to claim mileage
Fuel door cover doesn't lock when the car is locked
Rear sensors are pretty soft
AM reception is average to say the least
Lack of accessories - I'm waiting on carpet mats, bonnet protector, rear mud spats, boot scuff guard, and tow bar
The read out on the instrument binnacle can be hard to read in sunlight
The finishing on mine was a bit average - I had to re-do the lining around the sunroof, as it wasn't put on properly.

I am a bit of a fussy bloke though...
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #129
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well its all signed sealed and now await delivery of a 08 Mondeo Xr5. Purchased this morning and I must be one of the lucky ones who recieved discount on the motor vehicle. not too much but still something. only option i chose was blue tooth. colour stardust silver.

3 weeks til delivery. gonna be hard to adapt to after owing a AU xr8 but im sure ill manage.
Didn't you buy a GT recently after you sold the AU? You changed your mind and went for the Mondeo?
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #130
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared79
Just looking through everyones post's. Has everyone here ordered the Hatch? I can't see anyone with the sedan. I ordered a hatch because I think they look better. What does everyone else think?
I chose the hatch for two main reasons:

1. I have a need to transport large items on a regular basis and have found that my wife's Astra Hatch was more useful than the Fairmont Sedan (Don't like the Fairmont wagon)

2. The Hatch in my opinion is marginly a better looker
Sunroof
Old 09-01-2008, 01:24 PM   #131
TheColonel

I am getting the XR5 so we have the hatch or nothing... 2 weeks to go....
Old 09-01-2008, 01:32 PM   #132
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared79
I had a 205 Gti hatch, and found it to be very versatile than a sedan. There is only 14 litres of storage space difference between the Mondeo wagon and hatch anyway.

I also think they look better than the sedan.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:41 PM   #133
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
I've had a hatch since before Xmas, and I have a few minor quibbles:

Can't get the windscreen wipers into a stand up position without turning them off at the top of their arc - wait and see
The follow me home lighting has to be done every time, not automatically like in my partners XT
The visors look cheap
No large filler nozzle
A second km reader would be nice, especially when you need to claim mileage
Fuel door cover doesn't lock when the car is locked
Rear sensors are pretty soft
AM reception is average to say the least
Lack of accessories - I'm waiting on carpet mats, bonnet protector, rear mud spats, boot scuff guard, and tow bar
The read out on the instrument binnacle can be hard to read in sunlight
The finishing on mine was a bit average - I had to re-do the lining around the sunroof, as it wasn't put on properly.

I am a bit of a fussy bloke though...
So you should be! Only complaint with mine at the moment is a slight rattle from around the tweeter in the rear door. Seemed to be related to a bit of bass but just tried it now once I got home and couldn't hear it anymore. I'm going to check again with the dealer re fuel nozzle adapter - seems to be a bit of confusion if one should be supplied. You're right about the fuel door cover also. We specifically asked that question and were told otherwise. Not good in the current fuel price environment. Voice control can be a little hit and miss - guess I'll have to refine my speech a little. My boot scuff guard and mats were fitted but I'm waiting on scuff plates. Done just over 100km and distance to empty is showing 700 km to go. Gotta love that. One more thing - the mondeo corners better than my XR6. Sits much flatter. I went for the hatch from a practicality viewpoint - much easier to load prams than with a sedan.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:27 PM   #134
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
So you should be! Only complaint with mine at the moment is a slight rattle from around the tweeter in the rear door. Seemed to be related to a bit of bass but just tried it now once I got home and couldn't hear it anymore. I'm going to check again with the dealer re fuel nozzle adapter - seems to be a bit of confusion if one should be supplied. You're right about the fuel door cover also. We specifically asked that question and were told otherwise. Not good in the current fuel price environment. Voice control can be a little hit and miss - guess I'll have to refine my speech a little. My boot scuff guard and mats were fitted but I'm waiting on scuff plates. Done just over 100km and distance to empty is showing 700 km to go. Gotta love that. One more thing - the mondeo corners better than my XR6. Sits much flatter. I went for the hatch from a practicality viewpoint - much easier to load prams than with a sedan.
What about the windscreen wipers, have you had that unlucky experience yet?
I've set up some voice tags through the bluetooth, and I think they work better than the ones in the phone.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:34 PM   #135
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I thought the wipers could be lifted with the bonnet up?

As for the fuel door, the door may remain unlocked, but the capless-refuelling means that unless the correct fuel-nozzle is placed in, or something of the same size, it won't let anything in. You'd have to assume that people who don't own them don't know this. At the end of the day, if someone wants to steal your fuel in anything, it's easily done in any car on the market built in the last 10-15 years without a lock in the cap.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:52 PM   #136
TheColonel

To place the wipers into their service position:

Switch off the ignition and move the
wiper lever to position A within three
seconds. Release the lever when the
windscreen wipers have moved to
the service position.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:56 PM   #137
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColonel
To place the wipers into their service position:

Switch off the ignition and move the
wiper lever to position A within three
seconds. Release the lever when the
windscreen wipers have moved to
the service position.
TheColonel, you are great. Thank you. Although a bit of a silly question, I assume the service position is at an angle where you can clean them?

Does the Ford Australian service menu tell the above? It would be surprising if it did.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:58 PM   #138
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Was the rattle in the tweeter on the drivers side? Mine was. I just turned the speakers to the front, and solved it.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:44 PM   #139
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Didn't you buy a GT recently after you sold the AU? You changed your mind and went for the Mondeo?

Long time no speak.

I did purchase a Gt about May last year but it didnt go through. So ever since then I was looking for a car ranging from TS, El Gt, Bf Gt, G220 and a few other non ford vehicles ie BMW, Merecedes.

Only last weekend i went to ford to check out the new body kit on the Xr series when i saw the mondeo for the first time and it was love at first sight.
Took the turbo for a drive and couldnt resist.

Thats my short story
Old 10-01-2008, 12:11 AM   #140
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Sorry to hijack the discussion but can any of you lucky mondeo owners confirm the service interval for a mondeo TDCi? A mate's parents are seriously looking at the car but the guy involved is pretty thorough with his enquiries and is just trying to get an idea about how much servicing might cost and how often etc.

Thanks guys
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 06:00 AM   #141
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Service intervals are every 15,000 kM or 1 year which ever comes sooner with 3 A type services follower by a B service
Sunroof
Old 10-01-2008, 07:34 AM   #142
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Long time no speak.

I did purchase a Gt about May last year but it didnt go through. So ever since then I was looking for a car ranging from TS, El Gt, Bf Gt, G220 and a few other non ford vehicles ie BMW, Merecedes.

Only last weekend i went to ford to check out the new body kit on the Xr series when i saw the mondeo for the first time and it was love at first sight.
Took the turbo for a drive and couldnt resist.

Thats my short story
Ok cool. I haven't driven one myself, I've got the XR5 in the focus, I imagine they feel similar. I do like the look of the Mondeo.

Congrats on your purchase, GT would have been nice, but I think the XR5 is a good alternative. You get plenty of bang..
Old 10-01-2008, 10:08 AM   #143
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Ok cool. I haven't driven one myself, I've got the XR5 in the focus, I imagine they feel similar. I do like the look of the Mondeo.

Congrats on your purchase, GT would have been nice, but I think the XR5 is a good alternative. You get plenty of bang..
You'd be surprised, they feel very different. The Mondeo is heavir, quieter, less urgent and a lot more of a "GT" style grand tourer. The Focus is a lot perkier and a lot louder, giving off the impression that it's substantially faster, despite the Mondeo being a decently quick car. What got me was you simply cannot hear the engine in the Mondeo XR5 like in the Focus. It's a lot more refined and relaxed but still very potent.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:38 PM   #144
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

A few pics:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1392_net2.jpg (125.9 KB, 45 views)
Old 10-01-2008, 02:54 PM   #145
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Couple more:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1398_net5.jpg (55.4 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1402_net5.jpg (53.5 KB, 78 views)
Old 10-01-2008, 06:20 PM   #146
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Congrats Superoo .... looks pretty neat and well worth the wait :
Sunroof
Old 10-01-2008, 07:11 PM   #147
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT046
Service intervals are every 15,000 kM or 1 year which ever comes sooner with 3 A type services follower by a B service
Thanks, will let my mate know. Pretty standard service interval these days the old 15000km.
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #148
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:

Yeah thanks im quite happy with the purchase. GT will happen one day.
XR5 is a pretty good alternative. Havent been in the Focus but heard they pack a good punch.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #149
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
You'd be surprised, they feel very different. The Mondeo is heavir, quieter, less urgent and a lot more of a "GT" style grand tourer. The Focus is a lot perkier and a lot louder, giving off the impression that it's substantially faster, despite the Mondeo being a decently quick car. What got me was you simply cannot hear the engine in the Mondeo XR5 like in the Focus. It's a lot more refined and relaxed but still very potent.
Ah ok, I would have they would have been similar. Thats the one thing I like is the cabin note of the 5 Cyl when its under throttle. I can be quite addictive.

I might have to organise a test drive in the Mondeo XR5

Quote:
Yeah thanks im quite happy with the purchase. GT will happen one day.
XR5 is a pretty good alternative. Havent been in the Focus but heard they pack a good punch.
Same here. It will happen one day. Watching fuel prices, I seriously think my next car will me a Mondeo Turbo diesel. I am keen to see how the new 1.6 econetic engine in the focus goes when it is released, but if I ever ditch the falcon, I need a family car to replace it. Mondeo could be up my alley. Or I may just sell both cars and take public transport :hihi:
Old 11-01-2008, 01:02 AM   #150
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Couple more:
Dude, that looks awesome. It gets me more excited about getting mine in about 10 days. Same colour, same style (hatch) just not a TDCi. Congrats.

Ford Mondeo Zetec Hatch in Blue Ambition
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post