Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 08-02-2008, 12:05 PM   #241
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorya
Cricky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : That's a bit of $$$$$.

When will FORD take a leaf out of Toyota's books and incorporate free servicing. OK it'll be in the purchase $ somewhere.

Is this for the TD or petrol or Both? Surely the TD will be cheaper??
This is for the TDCi. These are from the dealer I got the car from.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 12:14 PM   #242
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
I noticed last night in traffic that my A pillars are covered in a different fabric from each other. The driver's side is the same as the roof liner, but the passenger's is covered with a more velvet type of material. GRT046, told me his were the same.

Any one notice any difference? I think the two are quite different.
Just had a quick look now and both mine appear the same as the roof liner.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:40 PM   #243
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superoo
Just had a quick look now and both mine appear the same as the roof liner.
Well, got a mate to come and have a look, and his opinion was that the drivers is like a mat, and the passengers is fluffy. Like a carpet. I tried to take some photos with the camera phone but they aren't too flash.

Lucky the 3000 k service is fast approaching.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:28 PM   #244
jared79
Sock Puppets

Well, my hopes and dreams of owning a new Mondeo are gone..................for this weekend anyway. Spent 4 hours chasing up my leasing company to try and get the paper work finished. It finally happened, I just have to organise insurance and I can finally pick it on Monday. It's been a hard annoying day. But finally it's coming in 3 days. Never thought I would ever want the weekend to go fast. But I do.

Ford Mondeo Zetec Hatch in Blue Ambition
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2008, 10:04 PM   #245
jared79
Sock Puppets

Hey guys, this is interesting. I was just looking at Ford NZ's site. They have the new Mondeo as well. However they have different models. They get the the sedan, hatch and the wagon. However, they don't get a Diesel engine or a 5 cylinder turbo. They do have a choice between a 2.0L petrol and the 2.3L Petrol that we get and the Sedan and Wagon can have a 5 speed Manual in the 2.0L or the 6 speed Auto in the 2.3L.

They do have a sports model, but it's just a 2.3L Zetec Hatch with body kit, but only gets the 17" wheels.

The only other difference I see is they also do not get the Convers+ HMI system. Just the standard or Type 1 HMI that we get except for the XR5.

So it's just interesting to see the difference's between us and the Kiwi's.

You can check it out here.

http://www.ford.co.nz/servlet/Conten...1024&c=DFYPage

Old 11-02-2008, 10:25 PM   #246
jared79
Sock Puppets

I know no one bothers to read this post anymore, but I would just like to let everyone know that I finally took delivery on my Mondeo today. It was a battle with wrong paperwork getting sent left, right and center. But I was able to drive away and boy am I pleased. It's so nice to drive and it looks awesome.

I will post some pics when I get a chance to take some.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #247
TheColonel

Awesome Jared, congrats on finally getting it all sorted... must have been the lucky person getting their car when i called there this afternoon
Old 11-02-2008, 10:34 PM   #248
jared79
Sock Puppets

Good chance of that as I was there for about 2 hours. And thanks.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:48 PM   #249
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Congratulations mate. Another Blue Ambition on the road. Gave mine a wax yesterday and in the full sun, they look fantastic.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #250
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Congratulations Jared,
I have been following your agonising few weeks ......... thought my 2 months wait was bad enough.
They are still a rare breed as I have only seen two on the road (other than demonstrators) since taking delivery (5 weeks)
Sunroof
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 09:43 AM   #251
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Congrats Jared. I had a long wait too like most others here, so I feel your pain. Those lease companies can be hard work.

Be interested in seeing the fuel consumption figures. Drive safely.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:56 PM   #252
bearass
FG XR8

Thumbs up

Congradulations Jared.
Old 13-02-2008, 12:18 AM   #253
monkeyboy666

Congratulations Jared...

Wait till you go for a drive in the dark - all those little orange lights everywhere inside look amaaazing....
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2008, 12:35 AM   #254
jared79
Sock Puppets

Hey, thanks everyone. Yes it has been long hard road (one I hope to never ever have to go through again) but in the end, it is worth it. And Monkeyboy, I have driven it in the dark and it looks sweet. Everything is just perfect.

I do have one question for everyone, I put in some fuel for the first time tonight and I had trouble because the pump kept on cutting out, like when the tank is full. But it was empty. Has anyone else had this issue, if so, has anyone figure out how to stop it. I only put in $30 and that was bad enough. I would hate to think how long it would take to fill the thing up.

Old 13-02-2008, 06:47 AM   #255
monkeyboy666

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared79

I do have one question for everyone, I put in some fuel for the first time tonight and I had trouble because the pump kept on cutting out, like when the tank is full. But it was empty. Has anyone else had this issue, if so, has anyone figure out how to stop it. I only put in $30 and that was bad enough. I would hate to think how long it would take to fill the thing up.
I can't remember -with the diesel its been ages since I last had to fill up!

Actually, I did strike this problem at one time. It seems to happen if you try to 'lift' the pump handle while holding it in the tank. If you just let it hang naturally and don't apply any kind of extra support or lift with your hand as you hold the trigger then it fills up ok.

Hmmm - filling it up already? You either DID give it a good try-out or you got a really stingy dealer there, cos mine got delivered to me full up....
Old 13-02-2008, 01:21 PM   #256
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy666
Hmmm - filling it up already? You either DID give it a good try-out or you got a really stingy dealer there, cos mine got delivered to me full up....
Bit of both, I only got half a tank and I have been driving heaps. Already done about 250KM's in just under 2 days. Can't help it, it's such a nice car to drive.

I didn't fill up as I am getting my fuel card this week from my lease company. So I didn't want to spend much money.

Old 13-02-2008, 06:37 PM   #257
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Most Dealers won't give a full tank. That's an extra $100 cost to them.
Old 14-02-2008, 12:28 AM   #258
monkeyboy666

I didn't expect a full-tank, and was surprised to see the needle charge up to 'full' when I turned the car on - maybe my dealer felt sorry for me, telling me the car would be here in 3 weeks, then making me wait 9!
Old 16-02-2008, 01:17 AM   #259
jared79
Sock Puppets

Wow, the amount of brake dust you get is amazing, going to have to clean the wheels every couple of days. Apparently it's common with the European brake pads. My dads Golf does the same thing. They are nice pads though, but I have been told they are very expensive. So back to the Aussie ones next time. At least I wont have to clean the wheels often.

Old 16-02-2008, 09:50 AM   #260
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Wow, the amount of brake dust you get is amazing, going to have to clean the wheels every couple of days. Apparently it's common with the European brake pads. My dads Golf does the same thing. They are nice pads though, but I have been told they are very expensive. So back to the Aussie ones next time. At least I wont have to clean the wheels often.
You are not wrong there. My Brother and old man spun out last night when they saw my rims all black.
Old 16-02-2008, 10:13 AM   #261
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIKA
You are not wrong there. My Brother and old man spun out last night when they saw my rims all black.
When the time comes for new brake pads/rotors get bendix ultimates... they do the job... AND have no dust... although, thats just my experience on the focus... but im sure there are other brands which do the same job/better job...
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 05:55 PM   #262
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Some of you would know of my A pillars. They do not match, one is furry and the other one is like the roof liner. Turns out that they do not match (confirmed by the dealer today), and it seems as though the passenger's side is from the sedan (they have a different roof liner), and the driver's is from a hatch (I have a hatch).

What a stuff up! It had to have happened in Belgium, and the only thing I can think of is that they ran out of A pillar covers for the hatch and used a sedan one, or made a mistake when they dipped into the parts bin.

He has to see about getting me a proper one now, could be a long wait...
Old 16-02-2008, 06:12 PM   #263
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Quote:
Well Dusty lets put a positive spin on it. At least the dealer has acknowledged the problem and it will be fixed. In the meantime enjoy your car ....... it must not be too noticable ....... how long did it take for you to identify it!!
Sunroof
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 06:17 PM   #264
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT046
Well Dusty lets put a positive spin on it. At least the dealer has acknowledged the problem and it will be fixed. In the meantime enjoy your car ....... it must not be too noticable ....... how long did it take for you to identify it!!
GRT046 I was in traffic and noticed it then. I asked a few here (you included - thanks again) and told me yours both matched. It was about 4 weeks in.
Old 16-02-2008, 10:44 PM   #265
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Some of you would know of my A pillars. They do not match, one is furry and the other one is like the roof liner. Turns out that they do not match (confirmed by the dealer today), and it seems as though the passenger's side is from the sedan (they have a different roof liner), and the driver's is from a hatch (I have a hatch).

What a stuff up! It had to have happened in Belgium, and the only thing I can think of is that they ran out of A pillar covers for the hatch and used a sedan one, or made a mistake when they dipped into the parts bin.

Dusty, looks like your not the only one, mine is the same. One fluffy and one not. Let me know how you go, so I can get them to fix mine as well.

Old 17-02-2008, 09:22 AM   #266
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIKA
or you can purchase a set of EBC greenstuff pads or blackstuff. (if available for the Mondeo, which they should be) they eliminate dust and also are a much better pad.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #267
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Dusty, looks like your not the only one, mine is the same. One fluffy and one not. Let me know how you go, so I can get them to fix mine as well.
The hatch has a different roof liner than the sedan. If you've got a fluffy one, it's from the sedan. Is it the driver's or passenger's? I took mine back on Saturday and he has organised a replacement for me. He also gave the salesman a burst for not picking it up in pre-delivery. Might be a common problem.
Old 19-02-2008, 04:50 PM   #268
jared79
Sock Puppets

The passengers is fluffy, but it matches the roof, so wouldn't that be better than other one? Sounds like it is a common problem. I will mention it at my 3000km service. Not worried till then.

Old 27-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #269
ducmon
Starter Motor

Quote:
Hey, thanks everyone. Yes it has been long hard road (one I hope to never ever have to go through again) but in the end, it is worth it. And Monkeyboy, I have driven it in the dark and it looks sweet. Everything is just perfect.

Turn the pump handle upside down (sounds stupid) and it fills up just as quik as a normal car.
ducmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2008, 11:04 PM   #270
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducmon
Turn the pump handle upside down (sounds stupid) and it fills up just as quik as a normal car.
Thank ducmon, I think it was just the pump I was using, it been fine since then. Not a bad idea though.