Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 16-04-2021, 07:15 PM   #10171
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Default Re: Covid 19 -

LOL at all the sheeple swallowing the MSM propaganda that vaccines cause blood clots.

Do your own research, there is plenty of information out there to prove radiation from 5G towers is causes the blood clots!

See what I did there?
Old 16-04-2021, 08:41 PM   #10172
PhilT2

I like it when people say they won't put anything in their body unless they know the ingredients and understand any effects they might have.
Then they go eat at a fast food joint.
This user likes this post:
Old 16-04-2021, 08:44 PM   #10173
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is still way too slow. I'm not sure how much impact the AZ drama has had but at this rate we will be no where near the 4m target set for March at the end of April, we might get to half that.

It might be the case that AZ is only good enough for export or they just open it up to anyone who wants it and accepts the risk at this point.

The government was copping flack for not having a J&J deal and within a few days the US has paused that rollout

Novavax production is now delayed. Extra Pfizer doses may get here sometime this year. We won't get Moderna unless it is through COVAX at this stage.

It's gone a bit tits up so to say. Just as well it is pretty much under control here but that might not always be the case.

I did have to laugh though. The other day they decided to do a fire drill where they herd everyone into the assembly place where social distancing is not even possible just to tick the box.

I'm not worried at all but just seemed pretty stupid considering all the restrictions for a year and then they empty the building in one go. I think fire drills are just a waste of time anyways and I was especially ****ed off because I had just put my lunch in the microwave
Old 17-04-2021, 11:53 AM   #10174
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT April 16th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

26 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.087%.

0 new cases and 0 deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.003% and active cases 101.

The UK had a lower 2,596 cases yesterday and 34 deaths.

Just under 74.5k new cases in the USA yesterday and 957 deaths sees CMR at 1.797%. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Global cases pass 140M, the last 1M in 1 day;
Global death pass 3M, the last 50k in 4 days;
Global cases set a new daily high of 845,223 (15/4);
Asia sets a new daily case high of 388,987;

Thailand (1,585);
Argentina (29,472);
Turkey (63,082); and
India (233,943)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average and Jordan drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 17-04-2021, 12:35 PM   #10175
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Two charts for today. Cases per 100k of population and deaths per 100k of population.

This is only for countries with greater than 100k of population.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 17-04-2021, 01:35 PM   #10176
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Thats better....

Military to oversee Australia's COVID vaccine rollout

https://www.9news.com.au/national/mi...ollout-_170421

Quote:
The military will be brought in to oversee Australia's rollout of the coronavirus vaccine.

Navy Commodore Eric Young will be appointed to manage the logistics of the program coordinating the supply and distribution of the jabs.

This comes as National Cabinet is set to hold an emergency meeting on Monday as the government tries to get the vaccine rollout back on track.

The Morrison Government's goal had been to get four million Australians vaccinated by the start of April, but so far that number is only sitting at around 1.4 million.

National Cabinet will discuss this at the first of two weekly meetings on Monday.

There has been some public hesitance in getting the COVID vaccine with fears it could cause blood clots after the Therapeutic Goods Administration confirmed the death of a NSW woman was likely linked to her receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Also on cabinet's agenda will be a potential new plan for home quarantine in returned travellers.

Scott Morrison has flagged the idea of vaccinated Australians being allowed to travel overseas for family or business reasons and then being permitted to quarantine at home when they return, instead of in a hotel.

While medical experts are looking into the proposed idea, it would need backing from state and territory leaders.

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 17-04-2021, 02:14 PM   #10177
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well that's what the ADF does well. Logistics.

If you want mass vaccination hubs pretty sure they could set up a few tents or so
Old 17-04-2021, 02:24 PM   #10178
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had to go to the chemist last week in Qld and had to wear a mask for the very first time.
I love living in the bush.
3 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2021, 08:43 PM   #10179
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Scott Morrison flags move to mass vaccination hubs to get Australia's rollout back on track

Australia is set to shift to mass coronavirus vaccination clinics in a bid to roll out more jabs under the troubled immunisation program.

The prime minister changed his position after announcing he would meet with state and territory leaders twice a week to get the derailed rollout back on track.

"We'll need to change our rollout to go to mass vaccination options and that will have to be done in partnership with states and territories," he told The West Australian.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/scott-mo...-back-on-track

Set up mass vaccination hubs, but there's no doses available?? Sounds like a good plan!
Old 18-04-2021, 12:02 PM   #10180
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT April 17th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

11 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.085%.

0 new cases and 0 deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.003% and active cases 101.

The UK had a lower 2,366 cases yesterday and 35 deaths.

Just over 84k new cases in the USA yesterday and 866 deaths sees CMR at 1.794%. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Global cases pass 141M, the last 1M in 1 day;
Asia passes 33M cases;
Asia sets a new daily case high of 407,219
;

Only -
India (260,778) - for the 5th consecutive day;

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average while Bulgaria and Estonia drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 18-04-2021, 06:40 PM   #10181
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Family of three contract Covid from infected neighbours in hotel quarantine in Sydney

The NSW health department is investigating how three members of a family acquired Covid-19 while in hotel quarantine in Sydney.

They were staying next door to a family with the virus at the Adina Apartment hotel.

The three cases within one family had been previously classified as overseas acquired but were reclassified on Sunday after NSW Health determined the cases shared the same viral sequence as the family of four who were in the adjoining room.

The families returned from different countries on different days, and NSW Health said the original family was believed to have been infectious between 8 April and 11 April, with investigations underway into how the transmission occurred.

All other guests on the 12th floor of the Adina Apartment hotel in the CBD returned negative results after being tested again, and staff who worked on the floor are self-isolating awaiting their results.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...tine-in-sydney
Old 18-04-2021, 07:38 PM   #10182
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post

Family of three contract Covid from infected neighbours in hotel quarantine in Sydney

The NSW health department is investigating how three members of a family acquired Covid-19 while in hotel quarantine in Sydney.

They were staying next door to a family with the virus at the Adina Apartment hotel.

The three cases within one family had been previously classified as overseas acquired but were reclassified on Sunday after NSW Health determined the cases shared the same viral sequence as the family of four who were in the adjoining room.

The families returned from different countries on different days, and NSW Health said the original family was believed to have been infectious between 8 April and 11 April, with investigations underway into how the transmission occurred.

All other guests on the 12th floor of the Adina Apartment hotel in the CBD returned negative results after being tested again, and staff who worked on the floor are self-isolating awaiting their results.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...tine-in-sydney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4 users like this post:
Old 18-04-2021, 07:58 PM   #10183
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah nah, that'd be the Hotel Grand Chancellor, Brisbane.

Old 18-04-2021, 08:55 PM   #10184
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Close the borders now.

ServiceNSW app down, COVID check-ins and Dine and Discover vouchers affected

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...be33e017c3634e

Seriously, I hope they find out (or admit) how the spread on that floor happened, share it with other states, so we can all make adjustments to reduce risk.
Old 18-04-2021, 11:28 PM   #10185
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post

Yeah nah, that'd be the Hotel Grand Chancellor, Brisbane.

I wasn’t saying that pic was the actual family involved, just an example of what’s been going on.
Old 19-04-2021, 08:24 AM   #10186
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

One thing we have been blissfully free of the last year, is idiots injuring themselves at the usual bogan overseas destinations and then bleating for crowdfunded help to rehabilitate or repatriate. A definite upside of the pandemic.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-04-2021, 09:41 AM   #10187
PhilT2

No increase in suicide during the pandemic.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...091-2/fulltext

Surprised me, I would have expected an increase, can't get access to a full copy of the paper so don't know any details.
Old 19-04-2021, 09:45 AM   #10188
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post

Surprised me, I would have expected an increase, can't get access to a full copy of the paper so don't know any details.
I read reports of increasing presentations for mental health triaging at a major hospital in either Melbourne or Adelaide - can’t recall which, yet. There was discussion of how the “spike” would lag behind charted progress of coronavirus and its treatments - a bit like the lag in PTSD manifestation.
Old 19-04-2021, 10:01 AM   #10189
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I read reports of increasing presentations for mental health triaging at a major hospital in either Melbourne or Adelaide - can’t recall which, yet. There was discussion of how the “spike” would lag behind charted progress of coronavirus and its treatments - a bit like the lag in PTSD manifestation.
Can't find a link right now but there were reports of increases in domestic violence, it's inevitable that more violence will lead to more deaths. I'm also curious to know how drug overdose rates are being impacted. With fewer international flights are drugs now harder to get, more expensive? Or is the good stuff now being "Aussie made"? One way to encourage local manufacturing I guess.
Reports from Brazil say over 2000 kids under 9 have died from the virus, poverty and malnutrition make survival harder.
Lots of things about this pandemic will keep researchers busy for years.
Old 19-04-2021, 10:19 AM   #10190
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

6 users like this post:
Old 19-04-2021, 10:37 AM   #10191
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

More of an additive than an oil per se.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 19-04-2021, 10:38 AM   #10192
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post

Risk of increase was often brought up by those that opposed the Vic lock down last year. However, "experts" and those working in the field have been saying all along that there has been no statistical increase during or post the lock down. One reason for this is because the lock down actually forced people to be together, and those that suffered mental health actually felt a sense of "connection". Feeling disconnected in one of the key reasons people turn to drugs, which then leads to other things.

But then I also heard cocaine use in Vic during the lock downs was through the roof. So not sure how that ties with the above.
Old 19-04-2021, 11:08 AM   #10193
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Risk of increase was often brought up by those that opposed the Vic lock down last year. However, "experts" and those working in the field have been saying all along that there has been no statistical increase during or post the lock down. One reason for this is because the lock down actually forced people to be together, and those that suffered mental health actually felt a sense of "connection". Feeling disconnected in one of the key reasons people turn to drugs, which then leads to other things.

But then I also heard cocaine use in Vic during the lock downs was through the roof. So not sure how that ties with the above.
Yes I knew that Aussie suicide rate was unchanged but that paper covered a few countries and I think their conclusion was that none of them experienced an increase. That was the bit that surprised me as I didn't think other countries were as generous in increasing welfare payments, especially the US and I assumed the payments were the main factor here. Obviously I was wrong about that and the answer is a bit more complicated than that.

It's good to know that the drug dealers were able to cope with the increased demand during the lockdown, maybe they can give Woolies a few hints on how to keep enough toilet paper on the shelf.
Old 19-04-2021, 12:05 PM   #10194
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Lemme fix those numbers for you

AZ vaccine safe in 99.9996% percent of cases (249999 in 250000)

Population survival rate (so far) of Covid19 99.9654% (Aus population versus deaths)

So the fatality rate is .0004% for vaccine (and that is treating every clot as fatal) versus .0346% for the virus, making the vaccine 85 times safer than the risk, and that number will only go higher.

New Meme required.

Old 19-04-2021, 12:10 PM   #10195
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT April 18th, 2021.

19 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.083%.

4 new cases and 0 deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.002% and active cases 102.

The UK had a lower 1,882 cases yesterday and 10 deaths.

Just under 53k new cases in the USA yesterday and 830 deaths sees CMR at 1.795%. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

India passes 15M cases and now represents 45% of all cases in Asia;
Asia sets a new daily case high of 419,150;

Mongolia (1,340);
Thailand (1,767); and
India (275,306) - for the 6th consecutive day;

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average while Lebanon drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 19-04-2021, 02:46 PM   #10196
leesa

The world has officially passed the 3 million death mark

Old 19-04-2021, 03:36 PM   #10197
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Lemme fix those numbers for you

AZ vaccine safe in 99.9996% percent of cases (249999 in 250000)

Population survival rate (so far) of Covid19 99.9654% (Aus population versus deaths)

So the fatality rate is .0004% for vaccine (and that is treating every clot as fatal) versus .0346% for the virus, making the vaccine 85 times safer than the risk, and that number will only go higher.

New Meme required.
But you need to factor in the chances of actually catching covid in australia.
Old 19-04-2021, 04:15 PM   #10198
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
But you need to factor in the chances of actually catching covid in australia.
We have two choices in Australia. Live in a bubble and stay cut off from the world. Or open the borders eventually and have covid come in.

It's going to be the later.....
Old 19-04-2021, 04:37 PM   #10199
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
We have two choices in Australia. Live in a bubble and stay cut off from the world. Or open the borders eventually and have covid come in.

It's going to be the later.....
Which does make you wonder is all this financial pain worth it, but, 3M buried would suggest so. They just need to hurry the F up with the vaccine, give people the option, and then let those who dont want to vaccinate deal with their own moral dilemma.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 19-04-2021, 04:44 PM   #10200
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Which does make you wonder is all this financial pain worth it, but, 3M buried would suggest so. They just need to hurry the F up with the vaccine, give people the option, and then let those who dont want to vaccinate deal with their own moral dilemma.
Those who don't elect to get vaccinated are going to get it eventually and every year until it kills them. I wonder if they understand this?
Closed Thread