Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-04-2021, 03:57 PM   #10381
zilo
BANNED

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Fact check. No other country has had the daily case numbers that India is currently experiencing.

The USA peaked at 297k and had a 10 day period where the average was over 240k/day before rapidly dropping.

Yep...there is also the high probability that the US health system was able to report the number of cases far more accurately than India due to a complete overwhelming of test centers and hospitals.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 29-04-2021, 05:00 PM   #10382
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
The USA never got over 300k and as I stated above their 10 day worst average was also well below that of India but that's irrelevant really.
According US based reports, they did in early January 2021.

https://www.ft.com/content/37c0d64b-...c-ec3e465c8d0d

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ve-updates-us/

And www.worldometers data also supports this.

USA's highest recorded daily case number was 307,507 in a single day (08/01/2021). But as you say, it's irrelevant now. If India gets to the point where they match the USA in case numbers per 100k population, they are in deep poo poo big time, and so are we as a whole world.
Old 29-04-2021, 10:25 PM   #10383
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We have a few staff at work of Indian decent, and who have relatives in the hot spots. I had been hearing conflicting information about whether the situation there is as bad as the media is making it out to be. In short, yes, its real and its dire. A couple of them told me they have lost "young and healthy" relatives in the last couple of days as they couldn't get them into a hospital.

There are now reports that the strain / variant going around India is hitting young people, including infants.

I wonder how many other countries have restricted travels in and out of India. Sounds cruel but it might be what is needed to keep this variant in check.
This user likes this post:
Old 30-04-2021, 04:57 AM   #10384
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Lotsa politicking going on here.....

Site in Melbourne's north chosen for Victoria's 'alternative quarantine' hub

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...tine--h_290421

Quote:
The Victorian Government has revealed that its proposed "alternative quarantine hub" used to house international arrivals would be built in Melbourne's north, if the Commonwealth ticks off on the plan.

Acting Premier James Merlino announced Donnybrook Road in Mickleham as the preferred location for the 500-bed hub today, but warned the $15 million plan was "subject to Commonwealth agreement".

The chosen location for the hub neighbours an existing pet quarantine facility, sitting on the rural fringe of the city, about 40 minutes north of Melbourne's CBD.

The hub would mimic the open-air cabin model currently used by the Howard Springs facility in Darwin, in a bid to prevent any further leakages in the state's quarantine scheme.

The plan comes after Victoria's embattled hotel system led to a number of COVID-19 leakages, ultimately sparking the state's deadly second wave last year.

"The best way to keep our communities safe is by having a dedicated purpose-built quarantine facility modelled on Howard Springs, but having a Howard Springs in a Victorian context," Mr Merlino said today.

The facility would take four months to build, with the state government asking the Commonwealth to foot the mammoth $100 million bill to construct the 500-bed hub.

The cost to expand the facility to 3000 beds would be around $700 million.

The state government should know by September whether the Commonwealth is onboard with the plan.

"We're engaging with the Commonwealth, we will work closely with them, because ultimately this is a Commonwealth responsibility," Mr Merlino said.
"Whilst the Commonwealth is considering the proposal and business case ... to ensure we don't waste any time, the Victorian Government will crack on and do the detailed design and planning."

"By September it will be the go or no-go decision. This is about giving us options, options to make our community even safer."

Mr Merlino said if approved, the quarantine hub could be opened by the end of the year.

The final decision whether to proceed with construction would also depend on the progress of the state's vaccine rollout, the efficacy of the jabs in preventing transmission and Commonwealth decisions on travel and quarantine rules.

"Today's announcement is about encouraging the Commonwealth to work with us in a partnership, to look at this alternative quarantine proposal and making sure that by working together, we can make the plans that are required to make sure that we get this right," Acting Police Minister Danny Pearson said.

Earlier this year, Avalon Airport was considered to be the frontrunner business case for the hub.

Mr Merlino said the government considered a number of factors when selecting the location, including proximity to Melbourne Airport, public health centres and services, health hotels and the CBD.

He acknowledged local residents may be concerned about living nearby to a quarantine facility.

"I understand the views of communities wherever this site may have been identified as the preferred location," he said.

"There's always going to be a response and I understand that."

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 30-04-2021, 09:43 AM   #10385
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well it's been shut down before it's even been looked at according to Dutto. What a disgrace. At least look at it and judge on its merits. The sheer arrogance is going to come back and bite all of us I reckon.

Victoria has a population density 3 times that of NSW. Melbourne the highest of any region in Australia. An outbreak is far riskier. People forget that.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 30-04-2021, 10:24 AM   #10386
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Well it's been shut down before it's even been looked at according to Dutto. What a disgrace. At least look at it and judge on its merits. The sheer arrogance is going to come back and bite all of us I reckon.

Victoria has a population density 3 times that of NSW. Melbourne the highest of any region in Australia. An outbreak is far riskier. People forget that.
Victoria's current quota is 1000 returnees per week. That means you would need 3000 places minimum to support this system, including time to comprehensively clean rooms etc. Why even bother with a 500 bed proposal that can be expanded later? It is a political exercise that they new would not be accepted.

The Feds should just build one in each state. No fancy giant welcome to Melbourne signs like in the Vic proposal. Basic but comfortable mix of studio, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom units with a small outdoor area. Why this should average out at a quarter of a million dollars per bed is way beyond me.

Four months to design? WHY?

Build the exact same design in each state. China would have it designed and built in a month.

All levels of government totally fail us. We will probably have ten meetings deciding which artist to commission for what sculpture to put in the reception area, and also need to community consult and sort stuff out for environmental impact on the growling frogs or something like that.

Old 30-04-2021, 10:43 AM   #10387
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Moreover, modular construction so that a review of capacity allows any determined excess to be easily sold off, and structures amortised aggressively to provide low-cost housing for buyers with suitable land.
Old 30-04-2021, 10:46 AM   #10388
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Victoria's current quota is 1000 returnees per week. That means you would need 3000 places minimum to support this system, including time to comprehensively clean rooms etc. Why even bother with a 500 bed proposal that can be expanded later? It is a political exercise that they new would not be accepted.
$200m for 500 places, agreed that is a waste of time but its a start. $700m for 2000. Sounds expensive, but what has been the cost of all the snap lockdowns past and in the future?

Fair enough if they said "too expensive, go redesign for 30% less", but to rule it out less than 24 hours of it being proposed just smells. There is lots of talking and finger pointing, but very few actually taking any sort of meaningful action.
Old 30-04-2021, 11:07 AM   #10389
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post

The Feds should just build one in each state. No fancy giant welcome to Melbourne signs like in the Vic proposal. Basic but comfortable mix of studio, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom units with a small outdoor area. Why this should average out at a quarter of a million dollars per bed is way beyond me.

Build the exact same design in each state. China would have it designed and built in a month.

All levels of government totally fail us. We will probably have ten meetings deciding which artist to commission for what sculpture to put in the reception area, and also need to community consult and sort stuff out for environmental impact on the growling frogs or something like that.
That's the thing that had me scratching my head. Surely there are designs for mining dongas. Build them in a factory, transport to site. Plumbing and Electricity
Old 30-04-2021, 12:06 PM   #10390
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT April 29th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

27 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.056%. The ACT recorded its first case since March 10th.

3 new cases and 0 deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.995% and active cases 23.

The UK had a higher 2,445 cases yesterday and 22 deaths.

Just under 58k new cases in the USA yesterday and 954 deaths sees CMR at 1.784%. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 151M, the last 1M in 1 day;
Asia sets a new daily case high of 513,007;
India sets a new global high with 386,829 cases;
Italy passes 4M cases.

Trinidad & Tobago (328);
Cambodia (880);
Sri Lanka (1,531);
Costa Rica (2,781); and
India (386,829)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average and Ethiopia drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 30-04-2021 at 12:12 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2021, 12:17 PM   #10391
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
That's the thing that had me scratching my head. Surely there are designs for mining dongas. Build them in a factory, transport to site. Plumbing and Electricity
Yeap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked

LOL oh my, this is too close to the truth. We are out own worse enemy and I just wish we had a better way of making councils/governments more accountable. True they can be switched willy nilly but the complacency and inefficiency is chronic.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 30-04-2021, 12:21 PM   #10392
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
We have a few staff at work of Indian decent, and who have relatives in the hot spots. I had been hearing conflicting information about whether the situation there is as bad as the media is making it out to be. In short, yes, its real and its dire. A couple of them told me they have lost "young and healthy" relatives in the last couple of days as they couldn't get them into a hospital.

There are now reports that the strain / variant going around India is hitting young people, including infants.

I wonder how many other countries have restricted travels in and out of India. Sounds cruel but it might be what is needed to keep this variant in check.
Seriously whats the wonder for ?
Why do you think were fortunate enough to live our lives as we currently have been ?
Shutting the OS arrivals down has saved our bacon !
Barring the stuff up exceptions ( that nothing is Perfect) were in a great position.
Be careful what you wish for !
Cruel, sorry you need to be cruel to be kind - were all Thankful for that despite you keep putting the Feds down, the Golden State and whatever other axe you have to grind by your posting.
Sorry but
Are you ok ?
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
5 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2021, 12:23 PM   #10393
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
$200m for 500 places, agreed that is a waste of time but its a start. $700m for 2000. Sounds expensive, but what has been the cost of all the snap lockdowns past and in the future?

Fair enough if they said "too expensive, go redesign for 30% less", but to rule it out less than 24 hours of it being proposed just smells. There is lots of talking and finger pointing, but very few actually taking any sort of meaningful action.
Yep you included.
Spend your time emailing Dan what cost he has incurred to us all more (more so you vics) than anyone else.
4 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2021, 12:35 PM   #10394
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He is on sick leave I believe . This is going to come back and bite a lot of bottoms.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 30-04-2021, 12:41 PM   #10395
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post

Cruel, sorry you need to be cruel to be kind - were all Thankful for that despite you keep putting the Feds down, the Golden State and whatever other axe you have to grind by your posting.

Sorry but

Are you ok ?
Wowee. Looks like I've stepped on someone's toes. You like trolling me for some reason. Go back through my posts, I've been supportive of the feds borders policy.

Just providing additional info for those that might be getting conflicting info on the severity.

Take it easy.

Rides (past and present)

Old 30-04-2021, 01:16 PM   #10396
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't believe a year later we still don't have dedicated facilities with basic demountables that have an airgap. The hotels should have only been an interim solution.

We built a Covid field hospital on an oval in Canberra in just over a month which is now being used as a vaccination hub
4 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2021, 01:22 PM   #10397
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Just like keeping the B astards honest

Not trolling but you are the main poster of more bad/negative points than good imo like the media.
Oh, I missed you may have said one good thing re borders and the Feds - what an error to on my part.
Take it either way you like, I'm just posting what I see page after page here.
I'm very chilled believe me
Old 30-04-2021, 01:36 PM   #10398
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Not trolling but you are the main poster of more bad/negative points than good imo like the media.
Oh, I missed you may have said one good thing re borders and the Feds - what an error to on my part.
okay okay Not too far down the page there is some positive news, seems people may have missed it.

For the record, despite a lot of criticisms, I think the Feds have done the right thing in closing the flights. Where are these criticisms coming from?

Just to name a few....
https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/...dia-travel-ban

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/calls-fo...t-a-travel-ban

https://www.6pr.com.au/australias-bo...jerk-reaction/

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6250839925001

When I wondered if any other countries were following, it wasn't a dig at our policy. If other countries are not following, then it could spread there, and people from those countries are still allowed to enter here. Some other major countries don't have hotel quarantine system, so the risk of spreading is very real. Hope that provides some clarity. When I see the Feds (or anyone) make a positive move, I'll be sure to call it out........
2 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2021, 03:03 PM   #10399
zilo
BANNED

All air travel into Australia should be stopped if we can not quarantine effectively.

It's a fact, planes are bringing the virus in....stop the planes and you stop the virus.

To stop the virus you have to stop the planes.

Sounds a bit like an ex PM with monkey ears aye?

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
3 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2021, 03:24 PM   #10400
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

you forgot about donkeeee
2 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2021, 05:57 PM   #10401
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Arnie is going to beat donkey on this one. Last update for the evening. A bit of light hearted entertainment I hope.....

‘They know nothing’: WA Premier Mark McGowan unleashes on NSW over virus clashes

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cor...shes-c-2723863

“When the NSW northern beaches outbreak took place it (restrictions) went on for months and months,” he said.

“It cost the NSW economy $3.2bn. I’d rather kill the virus over the course of a long weekend than have three months of restrictions.”

--------------

“There are a particular group of commentators in Sydney who just think NSW can do no wrong,” Mark McGowan said, before later suggesting they “don’t look at the facts”.

Sounds familiar.
Old 30-04-2021, 06:50 PM   #10402
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Arnie is going to beat donkey on this one. Last update for the evening. A bit of light hearted entertainment I hope.....

‘They know nothing’: WA Premier Mark McGowan unleashes on NSW over virus clashes

“When the NSW northern beaches outbreak took place it (restrictions) went on for months and months,” he said.

“It cost the NSW economy $3.2bn. I’d rather kill the virus over the course of a long weekend than have three months of restrictions.”

--------------

“There are a particular group of commentators in Sydney who just think NSW can do no wrong,” Mark McGowan said, before later suggesting they “don’t look at the facts”.

Sounds familiar.
This is not his first swipe at NSW, even before COVID he'd taken shots at them, and this from a born, bred and schooled New South Welshman, gotta wonder what made him pack up the family and head West....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 30-04-2021, 08:06 PM   #10403
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Check his meds.
Old 30-04-2021, 10:15 PM   #10404
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Overseas Australians could face jail for trying to come home

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...me-home_300421

Quote:
For the first time in history, the Australian government could make it illegal for Australian citizens in other countries to return home.

Nine News understands the Federal Government is considering invoking sweeping powers under the Biosecurity Act, which would mean from as early as midnight tomorrow, it would be a crime for anyone to return to Australia if they have been in a high-risk country 14 days prior to arriving.

The act empowers Health Minister Greg Hunt to do whatever is necessary to stop the spread of a listed disease.

Penalties include five years jail or a $66,000 fine.

The move would come into effect days after two people circumvented travel bans from India, returning to Australia via Doha in a loophole that has since been closed.

With over 9000 Australians in India, the Federal Government has indicated they will restart repatriation flights as soon as they can, but with coronavirus rampant in India, that could be months away.

"We have to be able to continue to do two things – protect Australia and bring Australians home," Health minister Greg Hunt said.

Mr Hunt has said Australians left stranded in India by the federal government's flight ban are a "top priority".

Australia's travel suspension with India, announced earlier this week, had temporarily ended all direct flights from the coronavirus-ravaged nation.

The ban will remain in place until at least May 15 - after which, Mr Hunt said, the aim was to resume repatriation and commercial flights as soon as possible.

The pause on flights had "lifted pressure" on the quarantine system, Mr Hunt said.

"And that is opening up the possibility for the resumption exactly as discussed, as early as possible, subject to the National Cabinet decision," he said.

Vulnerable Australians would be at the top of the list.

Asked whether the government was planning on providing financial or vaccine support for stranded Australians, Mr Hunt was non-committal.

"I will not pre-empt anything on financial support," he said.

"The question on vaccinations is a challenging one for Australians overseas."

He said the government would need to ensure the integrity of the delivery, and have the support of health authorities in the overseas country.

"That is something we're always taking advice on and it is advice that we have to take in terms of what is achievable and what is not," he said.

Earlier today, a travel loophole being used to circumvent the flight ban was shut down by the federal government.

Two Australian cricketers, previously stranded in India, arrived home yesterday after travelling through the Qatar capital of Doha.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison addressed the issue while speaking with Ben Fordham on 2GB this morning.

"We will be taking more action about that loophole," Mr Morrison said.

He said the Federal Government was told earlier this week by Qatar authorities that connecting flights from India would be closed by Wednesday, but that the flight the cricketers were on had taken off before the shutdown.

"We had information on Monday that that wasn't possible," he said.

Mr Morrison said the government had spoken with airlines about the Doha connection and passengers were no longer flying to Australia.

Defence Minister Peter Dutton echoed the Prime Minister's comments on Today, saying the Australian Border Force was "dealing with" the flights and airlines in question.

Labor Party National President Wayne Swan criticised the government for not identifying the loophole sooner.

"The ramifications of this are incredibly serious for the country," he told Today.

India has been struggling to manage record numbers of COVID-19 cases in the country, with more than one million new cases reported in the past three days.

2 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2021, 10:40 PM   #10405
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whenever McGowan is on the news, I change the channel. I can't stand the bloke but I'm just sick of it all in general from them all.

Couldn't organise a root in a brothel, a **** up in a pub etc.. I'm just over it all and don't waste as much time as I once did.

Life is pretty much normal here so who gives a ****
5 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2021, 02:49 AM   #10406
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The news is that there are 100m fully vaccinated in the US. We just past 2.2m total and there are about give or take 200k fully vaccinated doses. As bad as we have been I'm pretty sure we are far ahead of the Kiwis.

The UK and US ****ed up the initial response but they are going strong with putting jabs in arms and leaving everyone for dead.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:04 AM   #10407
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

From my neck of the woods...
“In Covid news, Costa Rica's spike in cases has gotten worse since last week. Currently, there are around 42,000 active cases (+10,000 from last week) for the population of around 5 million. Hospitalizations are at an all-time high. In an effort to control the situation, the government announced new restrictions yesterday that target the greater metropolitan area (GAM). These select counties are all around San Jose where the greatest increase in cases has been seen. In those areas, most businesses will be closed or only able to offer take out or limited services from May 3-9. Hotels, rental car agencies, tours, and national parks are not impacted. Outside the GAM, business remains as usual but hours of operation are only from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (previously 11:00 p.m.).

This increase in cases and the threat of restrictions will likely impact tourism, but we hope that the case numbers start to decrease soon.
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
7 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2021, 09:12 AM   #10408
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Stay safe mate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
From my neck of the woods...
“In Covid news, Costa Rica's spike in cases has gotten worse since last week. Currently, there are around 42,000 active cases (+10,000 from last week) for the population of around 5 million. Hospitalizations are at an all-time high. In an effort to control the situation, the government announced new restrictions yesterday that target the greater metropolitan area (GAM). These select counties are all around San Jose where the greatest increase in cases has been seen. In those areas, most businesses will be closed or only able to offer take out or limited services from May 3-9. Hotels, rental car agencies, tours, and national parks are not impacted. Outside the GAM, business remains as usual but hours of operation are only from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (previously 11:00 p.m.).

This increase in cases and the threat of restrictions will likely impact tourism, but we hope that the case numbers start to decrease soon.

5 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2021, 12:36 PM   #10409
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT April 30th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

27 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.056%.

3 new cases and 0 deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.995% and active cases 23.

The UK had a lower 2,381 cases yesterday and 15 deaths.

Just under 60k new cases in the USA yesterday and 934 deaths sees CMR at 1.783%. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases set a new record high of
904,626 on 29/4;
Asia sets a new daily case high of 520,072;
Asia passes 39M cases;
India passes 19M cases;
India sets a new global high with 402,110 cases;

Seychelles (314);
Maldives (465);
Mongolia (1,356);
Sri Lanka (1,662);
Honduras (1,586); and
India (402,110)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Bolivia and Ethiopia move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average and no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 01-05-2021 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-05-2021, 12:56 PM   #10410
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Not sure why my post has been deemed off topic when it is related to the 'lives vs economy' argument that this pandemic has bought up. And the different States/Territories approach to the pandemic using that same argument. I have posted exactly the same results in this very thread HERE previously. Not sure what the issue is really??

Quote:

Yes the lastest CommSec data released a few days ago says WA has moved 3 spots up in the last quarter, and Tasmania is still on top. 5 quarters in a row.

WA jumps three positions in economic rankings, NSW has lowest ranking in more than nine years, Tasmania still on top

“This is a sad report and showed that the Berejiklian government missed an opportunity to provide genuine support in the COVID-19 economic crisis,” Mr Secord said.

“I never thought I would see the day when we lagged behind the Tasmanian and South Australian economies.”

Mr James said Queensland had scope to lift in the rankings over 2021 through job market improvement, rising inbound migration and increased domestic tourism demand.

Other notable figures were Melbourne having both the highest inflation rate of 1.3 per cent, cancelling out the same amount in wage growth, which was the nation’s lowest.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/econ...b06e9cfa1b02fe

Quote:

Sounds familiar.
Sure does sound familiar. Someone seems to think if any negative reports related to NSW is posted, it's an "attack" against NSW??
Closed Thread