Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-03-2021, 10:52 PM   #31
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: 2001 AUII ute immobilizer problems

Quote:
.......seems I type too slow sometimes.........
Yes I pointed him to fuse 11 and the circuit diagrams some several posts ago.
Old 27-03-2021, 10:55 PM   #32
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
Interior light still wasn't working, so I replaced light bulb and also replaced 15amp fuse. Interior light still not working after replacing both.
That may (very likely)be the only issue check the globe and fuse again but also check the door switch in the A pillar that triggers the courtesy light is not damaged or lost it's earth or feed wire etc (unscrew an pull from A pillar to check the wiring and switch mechanism). Also check the bulb that illuminates the ignition key has not blown as I think it is in series with the dome lamp and if that is out the dome light and Smartshield won't work either.

Last edited by aussiblue; 27-03-2021 at 11:09 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2021, 10:44 AM   #33
11ford11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does smart shield light flash fast with ignition reds on

Test fuse 11 with test light for power at both ends with ignition off

Contact previous owner regarding if an alarm or immobiliser has been fitted as it may need a remote to turn off after battery disconnection....
maybe there is a cut out switch (unlikely but possible)

Check key reader around ignition switch key hole hasn’t been disconnected accidentally
11ford11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2021, 11:49 AM   #34
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

While you have the steering column shroud off to check the illumination globe for the key, as I previously suggested check for spliced in wires that might be evidence of a previous aftermarket alarm. Also check the wiring to the ignition switch (opposite end of the barrel to where the key goes in) to see if the small round crimped in PC board where all the wires go in is coming away from the crimps.
Old 28-03-2021, 11:51 AM   #35
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

You also have a forum colleague with a similar issue so you might want to monitor his thread here too: https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11489033
Old 28-03-2021, 01:23 PM   #36
FuriousFord
FrustratedAUII

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
That may (very likely)be the only issue check the globe and fuse again but also check the door switch in the A pillar that triggers the courtesy light is not damaged or lost it's earth or feed wire etc (unscrew an pull from A pillar to check the wiring and switch mechanism). Also check the bulb that illuminates the ignition key has not blown as I think it is in series with the dome lamp and if that is out the dome light and Smartshield won't work either.

Interior globe and fuse are okay as I tested the globe and replaced the fuse. Where is the door switch in the A pillar, as this doesn't appear to have one on either side of the ute. Also the other AUI and a 2001 sedan I have here doesn't appear to have any either. So I'm lost as to where the door switch is on all 3 vehicles. The globe for that illuminates the ignition key was working, but now isn't either (even after replacing the globe with a spare).
FuriousFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2021, 01:31 PM   #37
FuriousFord
FrustratedAUII

Quote:
While you have the steering column shroud off to check the illumination globe for the key, as I previously suggested check for spliced in wires that might be evidence of a previous aftermarket alarm. Also check the wiring to the ignition switch (opposite end of the barrel to where the key goes in) to see if the small round crimped in PC board where all the wires go in is coming away from the crimps.

Checked small round crimped wires in PC board in the opposite end of the barrel and all seem to be fine without touching them.
Old 28-03-2021, 01:42 PM   #38
FuriousFord
FrustratedAUII

How do I upload pics??? When I try insert a picture, it's asking for a URL. I have uploaded to my OneDrive, but can't enter the URL created for the picture.
Old 28-03-2021, 01:50 PM   #39
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Quote:
Where is the door switch in the A pillar, as this doesn't appear to have one on either side of the ute.
Try the edge of the door itself where it closes on the B pillar.
Old 28-03-2021, 01:56 PM   #40
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Quote:
How do I upload pics??? When I try insert a picture, it's asking for a URL. I have uploaded to my OneDrive, but can't enter the URL created for the picture.
Just click the "Go Advanced" box when posting a reply then scroll down and click the "Manage Attachments" box. Then click "Browse" to find it on your computer. Once selected click the "Upload" box.

Also see the Forum instructions at https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20569 and https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11482048

Or Create a Gallery per https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11447020 then link to it.
Old 28-03-2021, 02:02 PM   #41
FuriousFord
FrustratedAUII

Quote:
Try the edge of the door itself where it closes on the B pillar.

Nah there is nothing there either, which leaves me confused about how the interior light comes on when the door is opened. But like I said previously, both the interior light and key insert light are not working even though the globes are fine and the fuse on both the courtesy light and Instrument cluster/Ignition fuses 1 and fuse are okay. They were both working previously, but are not now since the immobilizer has been triggered.
Old 28-03-2021, 02:10 PM   #42
FuriousFord
FrustratedAUII

Tried to upload pictures, but got this message.

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
Old 28-03-2021, 02:13 PM   #43
.:4:.
Kicking back

On my brothers 2002 au ute the interior light (on the passengers side atleast) is triggered from the latch in the door. I only know this because ive taken it out before to fix it, and testing it before re installation, latched using a screwdriver, the light turns off, in the open position light turns on. This was done with the door open, the thing was plugged into the car to test before re fitting.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-03-2021, 02:13 PM   #44
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Quote:
Nah there is nothing there either, which leaves me confused about how the interior light comes on when the door is opened. But like I said previously, both the interior light and key insert light are not working even though the globes are fine and the fuse on both the courtesy light and Instrument cluster/Ignition fuses 1 and fuse are okay. They were both working previously, but are not now since the immobilizer has been triggered.
OK must be inside the doors near the B Pillar closure like on later models. Note that I have never owned an AU although I have worked on some but not for about 10 years or perhaps more so this is testing my aged and less than perfect memory.
Old 28-03-2021, 02:16 PM   #45
FuriousFord
FrustratedAUII

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
On my brothers 2002 au ute the interior light (on the passengers side atleast) is triggered from the latch in the door. I only know this because ive taken it out before to fix it, and testing it before re installation, latched using a screwdriver, the light turns off, in the open position light turns on. This was done with the door open, the thing was plugged into the car to test before re fitting.

Thnx Bloke. I'll check both doors to see there is an issue with the switches.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2021, 02:49 PM   #46
FuriousFord
FrustratedAUII

Quote:

Is this this switch you're referring to???

Last edited by FuriousFord; 04-05-2021 at 09:56 AM.
Old 28-03-2021, 03:02 PM   #47
FuriousFord
FrustratedAUII

Okay these are pics of both fuse layouts, under dash wiring and back of key barrel circuit. Please check if have the right relays in both the interior and engine bay layouts are correct, as I may have replaced the wrong relays. Fuses should be okay according to both fuse diagrams as all fuses are okay, not blown and in their respective position.

The wiring under the dash was spliced for some accessory like spotlight switch or two-way, but I haven't touched them at all when the ute was running without the immobilizer issue. I drove the mongrel to the Police Station and back to get it registered and everything was working fine to pass the roadworthy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_E0141.JPG (130.9 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_E0142.JPG (110.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7760.jpg (123.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_E0138.JPG (122.2 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by FuriousFord; 28-03-2021 at 03:10 PM.
Old 28-03-2021, 03:08 PM   #48
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousFord View Post
Is this this switch you're referring to???
That part is the lever the central locking motor moves to lock the outside handle. I think the swich is internal inside the mechanism. If you pop off the door card (phillips head screws) and un plug the electrical connector the interior light should turn on. Or atleast thats what happened in the 02 au. But if you have a donor to test with, give that a crack. But do it using a screwdriver to latch and door open, you dont want to be left with a door stuck shut if its no good. The latch itself has a rod to the external handle, a cable to the internal handle, 1 connector and 3 x t30 torx bits to remove to get it out if it is the issue.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2021, 03:09 PM   #49
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Check under the insulation tape under those wires in E041.JPG you might find some dodge dry solder joints.
Old 28-03-2021, 03:13 PM   #50
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

The ignition switch wiring looks sound.
Old 28-03-2021, 03:18 PM   #51
FuriousFord
FrustratedAUII

Quote:
That part is the lever the central locking motor moves to lock the outside handle. I think the swich is internal inside the mechanism. If you pop off the door card (phillips head screws) and un plug the electrical connector the interior light should turn on. Or atleast thats what happened in the 02 au. But if you have a donor to test with, give that a crack. But do it using a screwdriver to latch and door open, you dont want to be left with a door stuck shut if its no good. The latch itself has a rod to the external handle, a cable to the internal handle, 1 connector and 3 x t30 torx bits to remove to get it out if it is the issue.

I give it a try, but like I said previously neither the interior light or key ignition entry light are both not working even with the battery connected and both doors open and fuses are fine for both. I only ripped the door card off the passenger door, but will do the drivers door now too.
Old 28-03-2021, 03:47 PM   #52
FuriousFord
FrustratedAUII

Quote:

I have remove both door cards and disconnected the wiring looms in both and still no interior light with battery connected. Like I said previous, fuse No. 11- Crt Light is okay and interior globe is okay too. I did have both interior light and key entry light working, but now nothing even though both globes are okay. Interior light has not been working since immobilizer kicked in.
Old 28-03-2021, 04:00 PM   #53
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Quote:
I have remove both door cards and disconnected the wiring looms in both and still no interior light with battery connected. Like I said previous, fuse No. 11- Crt Light is okay and interior globe is okay too. I did have both interior light and key entry light working, but now nothing even though both globes are okay. Interior light has not been working since immobilizer kicked in.
Hi. Using the test light, do you have power on both sides of the interior light fuse and the fuse beside it? Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2021, 04:31 PM   #54
FuriousFord
FrustratedAUII

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot3 View Post
Hi. Using the test light, do you have power on both sides of the interior light fuse and the fuse beside it? Cheers MD

Couldn't find my flamin test light, so I did a McGuyver and made a makeshift one using two pieces of tie wire (Flattened at both ends) and a globe that works all the same. Check both fuse ports for both Crt Lights & BEM Batt and nothing. Test light still works too.
Old 28-03-2021, 04:35 PM   #55
FuriousFord
FrustratedAUII

I have persevered trying to sort this problem out since this immobilizer kicked in, but I'm slowly starting to lose hope trying to get around it with only one key and no remote (keypad) to try reset the system. What I had done prior to posting this thread was the following based on reviewing the immobilizer issue on other threads:

Leaving battery disconnected for over 2 hours, then after reconnecting it I left the key in the on (accessory) position for 61 minutes whilst the battery was on charge. The interior light was on during this period of time. After the 61 minutes, I turn the key off and pulled it out of the ignition for over 30 seconds. Then I reinserted the key, turned it back to the on position (with the doors closed) and pressed the demister button three time repeatedly as suggested to try reset the door lock cycle . After that nothing happened and the doors never locked/unlocked. Not sure when the interior light stopped working and the key entry light stopped too.

After trying this procedure twice, I then posted this thread and have tried every procedure as suggested. Even removing the starter relay and bridging 30 & 87 using short wire with bladed ends. Engine was trying to kick over even though fuel was being primed each time.

My bad. Forgot to mention all this previously, so not sure if I'm wasting everybody precious time trying to sort this prob out. Starting to get the impression that the Smartshield has got me stumped and the dealership gonna extort some big bucks out of me resolving the dilemma.
Old 28-03-2021, 04:41 PM   #56
FuriousFord
FrustratedAUII

Quote:
Check under the insulation tape under those wires in E041.JPG you might find some dodge dry solder joints.

Removed tape and solder joints weren't dry, so I removed both excess wires and re-insulated both.
Old 28-03-2021, 04:46 PM   #57
FuriousFord
FrustratedAUII

Haven't tried this one yet, but another bloke suggest that I disconnect the BEM, reconnect battery, then turn on headlights and press hard on the brake to engage rear light to drain power out before reconnecting the BEM. Not sure about this one though!!!
Old 28-03-2021, 04:59 PM   #58
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. Check fuse 5 in the under bonnet fuse box (big 40 amp one beside the 2 30 amp fuses). Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2021, 05:26 PM   #59
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:

Leaving battery disconnected for over 2 hours, then after reconnecting it I left the key in the on (accessory) position for 61 minutes whilst the battery was on charge. The interior light was on during this period of time. After the 61 minutes, I turn the key off and pulled it out of the ignition for over 30 seconds. Then I reinserted the key, turned it back to the on position (with the doors closed) and pressed the demister button three time repeatedly as suggested to try reset the door lock cycle . After that nothing happened and the doors never locked/unlocked. Not sure when the interior light stopped working and the key entry light stopped too.

After trying this procedure twice, I then posted this thread and have tried every procedure as suggested.
why did you leave key on accessory's for 61 minutes & then turn it off??

redoing the remotes is just turning to either accessories/ignition on [forgotten which ] then trying the demister 3 times. if it doesn't work 1st time retry again till it works [may have to do it a 'few' times just to get the timing right. and i mean to key to off position & then back & retry] with the door locks 'cycling'. once they do do your remotes [making sure you had them with you before you started], then turn ignition off when finished doing however many remotes you want. this does not 'reset' the door locks, just programs the remote fob. i believe [but don't have 1st hand experience with it] that if the heated rear window does not work you cannot get the car to go into learning mode?? - is this true foxtrot3 ?.

how are you testing the fuses?
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2021, 05:43 PM   #60
FuriousFord
FrustratedAUII

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot3 View Post
Hi. Check fuse 5 in the under bonnet fuse box (big 40 amp one beside the 2 30 amp fuses). Cheers MD

F5 is okay and even tried another fuse. Everything is coming up on dash, fuel is priming, but still no lights MD.