Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-02-2005, 06:53 PM   #1
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default New Tech Article - AU Wiring Diagrams **UPDATED**

Thought we'd give this a try and see if it's of any use.
I've started the series with the Exterior Lighting Diagrams - let me know if they are of any use and what other ones you'd like to see posted.

The second and third sets are up as well in the test area they are for the Instrument Cluster and the Courtesy Light Wiring.

They are fairly large in order to show enough detail.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 05-02-2005 at 10:35 PM.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 06:59 PM   #2
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Thought we'd give this a try and see if it's of any use.
I've started the series with the Exterior Lighting Diagrams - let me know if they are of any use and what other ones you'd like to see posted.

They are fairly large in order to show enough detail.

Cheers
Russ
they come up fine Russ, detail is good!! please dont stop there.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 12:59 AM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Russ, any chance of getting the ESS wiring diagram from the AU series 1 T series cars. I have been thinking about changing my Vol +/- buttons to do this, but have no idea where the wires should go!
Mods: Tune, ShockWorks and GT335 replicas in 19 x 8.5 & 9.5 35p offset with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, FG 19” Lux packs with 245/35/19 Toyo and Pirelli tyres, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 04:29 PM   #4
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCXR8
Russ, any chance of getting the ESS wiring diagram from the AU series 1 T series cars. I have been thinking about changing my Vol +/- buttons to do this, but have no idea where the wires should go!
Try either THIS or THIS and see if it's of any help.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 06-02-2005, 04:33 PM   #5
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Fantastic info Russ, lets just hope its used for good (nice interior effects) rather than evil (NEONS!)

Really appreciate all this info Russ, its fantastic.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 05:02 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

Yeah thanks for these Russ, saves me some searching.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:09 AM   #7
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Thanks Russ - I'll give it a go.

I'll let you all know when I blow up my gearbox!
Mods: Tune, ShockWorks and GT335 replicas in 19 x 8.5 & 9.5 35p offset with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, FG 19” Lux packs with 245/35/19 Toyo and Pirelli tyres, Bilsteins & Kings

Old 07-02-2005, 10:59 AM   #8
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCXR8
Thanks Russ - I'll give it a go.

I'll let you all know when I blow up my gearbox!
This may also help:

ESS wiring circuit
Changes to the wiring to accommodate ESS is in two parts. These are:

1. Wires and a resistor contained within the steering wheel to connect the shift button switches to the clockspring (former radio switch circuits).

2. A new harness runs from 4 pin plug at steering column to the PCM via the Mode switch. This circuit contains three resistors, two are cable tied to
the loom behind the glovebox. These can only physically fit one way, otherwise the transmission won’t shift. The 8k ohm is located behind the driver’s air bag.

PCM PIN FUNCTION
ESS switching input
The function of PCM pin 11 has changed from being the Power/Economy switch input to become the ESS switching input. Pin 91, is Signal Return.

Circuit operation
V Ref (5v) is applied internally within the PCM to pin 11, through a current limiting resistor. A signal voltage will be created by the external circuit depending on the status of the individual switches. There are four different voltage conditions that the PCM will recognise as a particular shift or mode request. (These are shown in the diagram posted).

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 07-02-2005, 11:04 AM   #9
EFFalcon
Last warning

fantastic addition
I know that if i didnt have these diagrams in the workshop manual it would make life hard :P
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2005, 01:48 PM   #10
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Updated to include:

Fuel Systems
Power Doors / Windows / Mirrors / Seats

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 17-04-2005, 10:30 PM   #11
FRD888
LEDFUT

Default Au xr8 series 1 Low Beam problem

Firstly, found the wiring diagrams and locations idea a help in this issue I have. My problem is that the RHS headlight will not work in Low Beam. It works fine with the parkers on and high beam but no low beam. The LHS works fine so wherever the CCT breaks off from the Relay to the RHS headlight is the problem. I tried chasing back the loom as far as I could and found on the lightblub there is a brown lead (perhaps power) and two black leads (perhaps earths switching in and out depnding on high low beam). Is there an accessible way to test the low beam wiring and I am capable with a multimeter.
Any help would be much appreciated as Ive basically sussed the problem I just am not sure which wire is which and how to get access to them.
FRD888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 02:18 PM   #12
bubbagump308
FALCON HELL!!!

Default AU Series II XL Ute, STEREO Wiring

Hey there i was wondering if anyone knows the wiring colour codes for the plug in the back of the stereo for the CD/Cassette/AM/FM for the AU II Falcon XL ute? I am just trying to faultfind the problem with CD player on the bench but i cant find the ignition circuit on the plug. Maybe just me but would help heaps if there was a diagram to go by. :
bubbagump308 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 02:04 AM   #13
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Ignition (power) is red & dk blue. Memory wire is the big fat yellow one.

Oops - response is only a month late.

Old 07-07-2005, 08:20 PM   #14
smee
FishermanDan

Default fuel tank sender

NF 9K160 A SENSOR FUEL TANK, FAIRMONT/FAIRLANE/GHIA/LTD $19.04
is this right part/price ? for a EF fuel tank sender ?
I rang ford about a month ago and they want $180 !

edit: it is a sedan!

Last edited by smee; 08-07-2005 at 10:56 AM.
smee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2005, 09:41 PM   #15
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

EL 9275 A SENDER UNIT, (-)4 DOOR WAGON - $ 147 is the correct item - for some reason the whole Fuel section isn't loaded for EWF-EL but they are carry over parts to AU anyway. As that's a trade price listed above (as explained elsewhere) the $180 is about right.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 28-07-2005, 12:11 AM   #16
oxhatha

just need to no wiring colour codes for au series 1 xls ute radio
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2005, 12:35 PM   #17
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxhatha
just need to no wiring colour codes for au series 1 xls ute radio
Accessory feed is Violet/Red
Battery +ve is Yellow
Ground is Black

See this diagram HERE

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 28-07-2005, 12:42 PM   #18
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats great work Russ, I cant seem to find the tacho wire for an AU1 XR though? The instrument cluster one doesnt show it. Any ideas?
Old 01-09-2005, 09:23 PM   #19
fairmontfan
Starter Motor

Cool

does anyone know the colour codes or have the wiring diagram for the mobile phone wiring in a au ford fairmont 2000
fairmontfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2005, 11:59 PM   #20
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmontfan
does anyone know the colour codes or have the wiring diagram for the mobile phone wiring in a au ford fairmont 2000
The AU Wiring Diagram for the phone is HERE.

The locations are HERE.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 05-09-2005, 04:37 PM   #21
xalent
Red Eye Racing

I'm looking for wiring diagram for an AU XR8 engine and ecu. Any other tech info would be appreciated. Am transplanting the XR8 motor into a F350.
Can anyone help??
Cheers
xalent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 06:54 PM   #22
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xalent
I'm looking for wiring diagram for an AU XR8 engine and ecu. Any other tech info would be appreciated. Am transplanting the XR8 motor into a F350.
Can anyone help??
Cheers
Have a look HERE - images 06C and 06D should provide some basic info. Let me know what else you need and I'll see what I have.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 06-09-2005, 06:18 PM   #23
fairmontfan
Starter Motor

thanks for that Russ.
fairmontfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 10:40 AM   #24
xalent
Red Eye Racing

Thanks Russ.
With that and your EEC-V section, reckon it shouldn't be too hard though I don't quite know how to go about bypassing the Engine Enable Input from the security side of the Body Module. Any ideas? Otherwise might have to go to aftermarket computer though would rather stay with original.

Cheers
Greg
Old 07-09-2005, 07:42 PM   #25
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

I can't see a lot of options except to use a coded Smartlock key and a BEM with the key programmed to it.

To quote:

KEYPADS
The keypad is a small radio transmitter that transmits to the BEM a unique rolling code; along with a lock or unlock code for the doors or boot a panic feature is also incorporated. The new key for a sedan has four buttons.
These are Lock, Unlock, Boot/tailgate and Panic. The keypad for the commercial vehicle has 3 buttons; the boot tailgate button is deleted. The buttons are colour coded for easy identification.
Up to 4 keypads may be programmed to the BEM. If additional keypads are to be programmed by your dealer, it is essential that all keypads are available for reprogramming as all codes are cancelled and reprogrammed by the learning process. It should be noted that the BEM will only respond to the keypad when the ignition is turned off.

The Smartshield system uses a specially encoded ignition key. Each ignition key contains a permanently installed electronic device called a transponder. Each transponder contains a unique electronic identification code. This code is used by the immobilisation system to validate the key and start the engine. The transponder ignition key must be programmed into a vehicle's Body Electronics Module (BEM) before it can be used to start the vehicle.

Smartshield BEMs each contain a unique electronic identification code. The BEM code must be programmed into the transponder ignition keys before the vehicle can be started. The BEM also shares security data with the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and must have learnt the PCM code before the vehicle can be started.

Smartshield PCMs each contain a unique electronic identification code. The PCM code must be programmed to the BEM before the vehicle can be started. The PCM challenges the BEM with a randomly generated code. The BEM then verifies that a valid Transponder Ignition key is present. The BEM then responds to the PCM, which allows the vehicle to start and run.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 08-09-2005, 12:52 PM   #26
xalent
Red Eye Racing

Yeah probably would be easier to try and incorporate the BEM into the transplant.
Do you have any wiring diagrams for the BEM? And also any cable colour schedules?
Thanks mate
Greg
Old 08-09-2005, 09:40 PM   #27
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

I'll dig them up and post them over the weekend.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 08-09-2005, 10:18 PM   #28
xalent
Red Eye Racing

Thanks
You're a champ!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:39 PM   #29
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

The BEM diagrams are now available HERE

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 08-10-2005, 08:36 PM   #30
RBAKER

Default fuel gauge circuit

help! the fuel gauge system looks simple, but it involves components;
interface computer and instrument drivers (located on instrument
cluster panel) and possibly a link to the EEC; a diagram may assist to
understand and solve probs