Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 17-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 
Default "Terminator" flat shifting Falcon runs 10's @ Heathcote - 15/07/2012 Vid by Fullboost

A true 10sec streetcar. Daniel Otway ran 10.1 at Kwinana, drove his TS50 Falcon across Australia and then ran 10.0 at Heathcote.

Xtreme Ford Tuning AU TS50 Falcon charging hard thanks to a modular V8 5.0L 32-valve engine conversion (E85 fuel) and boosted by a Kenne Bell Mammoth 2.8L blower, driving through a manual PPG 6-speed T56 gearbox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OM1p-vxuIA

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
jandj

Default Re: "Terminator" flat shifting Falcon runs 10's @ Heathcote - 15/07/2012 Vid by Fullboost

Awesome car and bloke, one tuff ford so close to running the 9 sec. thanks for the post Sorted.
jandj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Re: "Terminator" flat shifting Falcon runs 10's @ Heathcote - 15/07/2012 Vid by Fullboost

Start-line wasn't there on the weekend you can hear the wheel spin on take off, Dan said the start-line on the Friday night at the AFF Nats was better..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Just awesome!
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
prasac
Banned

good stuff, another fantastic video from the guys @ fullboost.com.au
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #6
Psi-Pop
on the way to the RSL

Street Machine just posted this up on the facebook page.

I have lost count how many times i have watched it today while at work!
Old 17-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #7
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nice to see the terminator getting some more recognition on the web, good stuff Daniel!!
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #8
mex351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow that sounds tuff,well done bud.

Mex351
mex351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #9
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

That thing sends shivers down my spine I love it.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 11:51 PM   #10
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Mate noticed it has a nice Defect Sticker on it :(
What's the story there?

What 60 foot did he get @ AFF Nats?
And what was the best time @ AFF Nats?

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #11
GazzF6
Perth WA
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra
Just awesome!
Agree 100% awesome car!

2016 Jaguar XE Black Pack R-Sport
GazzF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2012, 01:12 AM   #12
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Copped a Vicroads defect for bald tyres.... They were actually just above the wear indicators at about 2mm (legal req is 1.3 and indicators are 1.6) but the more I debated it with the officer the less likely I was getting out of it.

The official writeup on the defect was this:

Tyres to have adequate tread
Park light globe to be replaced
Mudflap/body to cover rear wheels (he didn't like the 11.5" rears )

Engine transplant, exhaust etc were all covered by my engineering report/soundtest/emissions paperwork and he went through that with a fine tooth comb and couldn't fault it

In the end, worst officer I ever dealt with, just nailed "the idiot from the west with the hot car" for whatever he could

Guess what?... Those four tyres got me 3,500 km home to Perth

I'm home!

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2012, 01:17 AM   #13
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Ok, now that's out of the way.....

Just want to give a big shout out to all thd guys from Street Machine and Fullboost...... Scotty, Simon and Luke you guys have put a massive grin on my face you couldn't wipe of with a brick.

The video is just incredible, thanks so much whoever put that together, just awesome!

To all the forumers I caught up with in Adelaide, Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney, thanks for the kind hospitality and the laughs... We had the best time!

Special mention to Chris and Theo from Bluepower for taking us in and treating us with the famous BPR interstate courtesy for which you are reknowned.

Daniel and Haley
Old 18-07-2012, 01:39 AM   #14
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
Copped a Vicroads defect for bald tyres.... They were actually just above the wear indicators at about 2mm (legal req is 1.3 and indicators are 1.6) but the more I debated it with the officer the less likely I was getting out of it.

The official writeup on the defect was this:

Tyres to have adequate tread
Park light globe to be replaced
Mudflap/body to cover rear wheels (he didn't like the 11.5" rears )

Engine transplant, exhaust etc were all covered by my engineering report/soundtest/emissions paperwork and he went through that with a fine tooth comb and couldn't fault it

In the end, worst officer I ever dealt with, just nailed "the idiot from the west with the hot car" for whatever he could

Guess what?... Those four tyres got me 3,500 km home to Perth

I'm home!

Daniel
So what happens with a Vic issued defect now that you're home in WA? Do you just peel it off and that's that? Or do you actually need to put the GT wheels back on it to be legal treadwise and get the defect cleared through your RTA?
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2012, 01:46 AM   #15
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

It was peeled off just this side of Bordertown.

Well see, I don't know if it follows me here, if it does I'll just run it over the pits I guess

Daniel
Old 18-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #16
Corzza

Just plain awesome!

Race 2 Clipsal 500 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOZvWBp4Eo

"I plucked her into first, gave it some jandal and F@#$ Yeah!" - Scott McLaughlin
Corzza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #17
dieseltrain79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice work Dan .... Impressive stuff once again . Mind me asking your average mileage for the trip ?

1991 Toyota Soarer TT - 11.72 @ 116.7mph

2004 Ford Escape XLT V6 - Family Ride .
dieseltrain79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #18
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

No worries..... 16.12 L/100km not bad really considering the roads we travelled through Vic/NSW and ACT, all the stuff we lugged and the fact the little 5.0 was turning between 2900 and 3200 with no cruise control.

Yep, almost 10,000kms on the pedal

Daniel
Old 18-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #19
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

true tough streetcar.. showing how its done..
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #20
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Gotta love the quickest T-series ever..!!

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #21
dieseltrain79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AWSOME **** man !!! Seriously that vid gave me goose bumps it's so musical !!!

Thanks for always sharing your rides . It really is inspirational to many ! You build what most dream of and may never achieve . Being able to witness it in the flesh would be one better . Next time your in Sydney I should come with Paulie to meet ya .

Old 18-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #22
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What an animal. Congrats to you mate, you have built one hell of a car. Hopefully you will be seeing some high 9s soon ;)
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #23
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Such a nasty piece of gear, i would take spare jocks if i went for a ride
Awesome car,simply awesome.
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #24
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
true tough streetcar.. showing how its done..
I guess it's worked out that way, but to be honest I approach the drag racing different to other guys out there, I like the opportunity to give my road car s punt, it's not my focus nor a requirement of ownership, it's just the way it works out... Even the PPG was really only bought because there was no real alternative, even the Magnum hasn't earnt my trust. The fact the MSD DIS4 CDI was there to help run the car with the stock AU ignition combined to enable a two step rev cut for flatshifting is just sheer coincidence overany kind of planning

But it sure works!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltrain79
AWSOME **** man !!! Seriously that vid gave me goose bumps it's so musical !!!

Thanks for always sharing your rides . It really is inspirational to many ! You build what most dream of and may never achieve . Being able to witness it in the flesh would be one better . Next time your in Sydney I should come with Paulie to meet ya .
Yep I love the soundtrack on max attack, but even tooling around it sounds tough as. The good thing about this Forum is that we can all get a look into the minds and sheds of all different kinds of enthusiasts.... Be it new or oldschool, turbo or blown and 6 pots or more, we all dig the engineereing that goes into these projects. No stress at all, sorry man I didn't even think that far ahead when I was in Sydney, just called Paulie and dropped in on the Fopar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE 220
Such a nasty piece of gear, i would take spare jocks if i went for a ride
Awesome car,simply awesome.
Hahaha nah mate you'd be right, it's tame as honestly, even Naish didn't bat an eyelid

Daniel
Old 19-07-2012, 07:16 AM   #25
dieseltrain79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I blame Paul , hehe but I was probably working anyway ...

Didn't take the precisions did you ?? ;)

Old 19-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #26
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
It was peeled off just this side of Bordertown.

Well see, I don't know if it follows me here, if it does I'll just run it over the pits I guess

Daniel

Just send the Yellow bird back and ask them " Has he herd the word "........

Bird is the word..... lol..
Old 19-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #27
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltrain79
I blame Paul , hehe but I was probably working anyway ...

Didn't take the precisions did you ?? ;)
yeah u was working ya missus sent me a message to come over that day so i assumed u musta been at work, unless u were in the cupboard watching.......... again

even i was impressed considering it had no turbo's on it it needs to be seen in the flesh, it's a true street car, it's no model or anything, typical blokes car. had it run a 9 even more impressive yes, there are other cars in the country that might be able to do what this done, but, the thing that would separate them would be how many people could handle 10000km's in the car. i have been in 8,9,10-sec cars, u cringe in being in some for 200km let alone 10000km

the gearbox couldn't handle the Precisions, $24k gearbox and it can't even handle 2400hp, send it back and get a auto box
Old 19-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #28
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

It was pretty bloody good to cruise in, my missus did almost 6,000 of those kms with me, and as much as 1,440 kms in a single day, and considering that two days in the GTR nearly killed her (sore back or some other issue ) that's a big wrap on a car that fronts up full of gear (heavy load springs in the rear) and with a tyre change did what it did.

Now the trick is to see if the twin turbo can go one better next year.... imagine the $h!tstirring that will go on in my shed if the FG goes over and runs a 9?........

Daniel
Old 19-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #29
prasac
Banned

Quote:
imagine the $h!tstirring that will go on in my shed if the FG goes over and runs a 9?........
i can see it now, TerminatorS is on all 4's, AluminaTTor is standing behind her and the GTR is in front, and they are giving the TerminatorS the good old pig on the spit it was inevitable that the blower will become the turbo's biaatch
Old 19-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #30
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Hahahahahahaha

I wonder how many times you've got your pecker caught in the turbine housings Paulie.... are you trying to tell us something by going with the larger A/R sizes?

Daniel