Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 04-05-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
warren77

Default Perth Service for XR5 Turbo

My Mondeo is now 12 months old - no where near the 15,000kms mark but needing a service regardless.

Can anyone suggest a good dealer in Perth? I am in Bently and have had a rather poor history with the dealer located in that area.
And what prices are people paying for an XR5 service? (I noted the previous thread but that included the petrol and ZTEC models).

warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
Pugsley_12
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren77
My Mondeo is now 12 months old - no where near the 15,000kms mark but needing a service regardless.

Can anyone suggest a good dealer in Perth? I am in Bently and have had a rather poor history with the dealer located in that area.
And what prices are people paying for an XR5 service? (I noted the previous thread but that included the petrol and ZTEC models).
I have been taking my XR5 Turbo to the Ford dealership in Perth City. Like yourself I haven't had a great experience wit them either as I'm in there about once a month with the car at the moment. My car doesn't start and I've had the problem for going on 2 months and they still haven't solved the problem. I would steer clear of there.

My wife also takes her car to the Ford dealership on Scarborough beach road and they've been useless as well. She had her brakes changed after 30,000km and we had to take the car back 4 times as the breakes squeeled every time she touched the brakes.

It appears that most Ford dealerships are actually useless in this area.
Pugsley_12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
toddkaust
monday-oh

Hi,

When we bought our tdc mondeo we searched high and low for a good Ford dealer. Live near the Morley dealer but found them to be typical as you have both found to be the norm. Ended up at Midland of all places. Excellent small dealer, probably because they are independant of the big boys. Very happy there and across the road from the train - handy for picking up the car. Am going on this Wed for 15000 km service so will let you know if any issues.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:57 PM   #4
ian b

It appears that most Ford dealerships are actually useless in this area.

By this area do you mean the whole country?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that no-one can locate a decent dealer that is able to sort out the problems that we have all been experiencing.

Maybe anything other than a Falcon is too technically challenging.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:46 AM   #5
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Leach Hwy dealer service department is also useless. Their sales team is decent but the service department is pretty useless.

With regards to what you should expect to pay. I will say do not expect much change from $250 for and oil and oil filter change.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #6
r2d2

I take my XR5 to Challenger Ford. They are very good and have fixed every problem I have had since and they do it promply. They also wash and vacuum my car as well. If you want some thing extra done they do it as well.

Great guys at Challenger Ford.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:42 AM   #7
warren77

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2d2
I take my XR5 to Challenger Ford. They are very good and have fixed every problem I have had since and they do it promply. They also wash and vacuum my car as well. If you want some thing extra done they do it as well.

Great guys at Challenger Ford.
Not sure I want Ford washing my car. When they fixed the tailgate, they had the car for 4 days as I was in Sydney. The car was left out in the open and was covered in dust, dirt and bird crap. That is how they returned the car to me. Of course I complained, and was told they would arrange a full detail.

Judging by the swirl marks in the paint, the number of missed spots on the panels and the (basically) half arsed job, a full detail means the first year apprentice uses what ever rag is lying around and spends all of 10 minutes on the car.

Pass!
Old 08-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #8
Dusty1
Giddy up!

You have to think that Ford would be interested in keeping people who buy their cars happy with the services.

If they want people to keep using the service departments they need to work on this. I use them until the warranty runs out, and then it's off to a local bloke, or I do it myself.

Most people have had bad experiences with Ford service, simple things like stuff left over in the car like paper floor mats, dodgy work, books not filled in, and the problem you have trying to explain the issue to the person at the front desk. They are the real problem, as many of them have no mechanical background, and have no idea. If you could talk to the person ficing your car directly it would be a lot easier.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
YI use them until the warranty runs out, and then it's off to a local bloke, or I do it myself.
Lot of people just trade or sell well before warranty runs out due to the sh!thouse ownership experience.

Then there are those loyal ones like myself who just hang in there and keep getting second rate service :

Seems like everyone is in the same boat so I do not see anything changing to fast.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:05 PM   #10
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

If you can't find a dealer you trust than just use them for warranty work only, there are plenty of decent service centers around who can look after your car while its under warranty, you don't have to use the factory dealers if you don't want to..
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #11
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I lived in Perth I had my car serviced by Range Ford, no problems. Happy with the service dept. BUT that was 5 years ago...
Old 26-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #12
FRIKA
FRIKA

Try Mcinernery and ask for Dean. He is a guru with the xr5's. you might have to wait a bit as he has just started with them having left another dealership
Old 27-05-2009, 07:39 PM   #13
warren77

I already had the car booked into same dealer I bought it off.

$313 later and looking at the invoice, not sure what they actually did.

At the 15,000km service the wheels do not get rotated. Seems strange to me.

Complained about two items:
1) Happened twice in the past two weeks I have had the message "key not in car". A pretty good trick considering it was in my pocket and I was driving at 60km/hr!
2) On the weekend after not having driven it for two days, got the message "low battery".

Trouble Shooting:
Plug the computer in which said the car hadn't reported any codes.
I asked the service consultant if they tried starting the car, getting out of the car with the keys and seeing if the code was actually recorded? All I got back was a blank look. Suspect that fob errors are not stored once they are cleared.

Battery - again, no error faults found. Checked charging and voltage levels and appears to be fine.

Solutions presented to customer
1) Hope it doesn't happen again
2) Leave the car with us until such time as it happens again.

Not feeling overly reassured.
Old 28-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #14
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Warren, you've got an XR5?

It seems interesting to me that all these issues with cars not starting etc are unique to the XR5. The FPVs mostly use the key less start, and I wonder if they are having the same issues? Although, they still have to put the key in the ignition prior to pressing the start button.

Again, it looks like the issue is with the dealer and the hopeless service department. $313 for a service. Can you scan the list of items completed? Interesting to see what they did/didn't do. I got my first two services thrown in with the deal, so I haven't had to pay for one yet. Not looking forward to having to open the wallet though for little if any work.

The problem with the dealers is that the person who actually does the work on your car is quite a number of steps away from you. So you tell the service 'adviser' what's wrong, and by the time it gets to the guy who's actually on the tools, they might be getting a sotry that makes no sense or is different to what you want done.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #15
warren77

Correct Dusty - XR5 May 08 Build

Just to clear up, the car has never not started. But I am concerned that I am getting that message. Seems to me it is dropping communication with the key fob. So it is only a matter of time before the car refuses to start.

I agree with you - not happy with the fact I can't speak to the person who did the actual work. The service advisor I spoke to was not familiar with the XR5 Turbo at all. She didn't understand what I was trying to say.

Will be drafting a letter through to the dealer principle (a well known Perth name) outlining my issues with his dealership, and why I will not be bringing the car in.
They are convenient but not giving me the service I want.
Old 28-05-2009, 10:58 AM   #16
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

warren77, you need to talk to the Service Manager, he should be available at any time to talk with you, thats his job!
Old 28-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #17
warren77

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie0735
warren77, you need to talk to the Service Manager, he should be available at any time to talk with you, thats his job!
Paulie - you make a valid point. I guess I was that disappointed with the customer service (or lack there of) that I didn't want to waste any more time with that dealer.

Instead, I will vote with my wallet and take my business elsewhere.
Old 28-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #18
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fair enough.
Old 28-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #19
warren77

Sorry Paul I should elaborate. The Service Manager - after my previous issues - had promised me that he would look after me in order to keep my business. As such, I expected him to step up and do the right things. By that, I mean being the one to talk to me directly.

I have written a letter of complaint to the DP and see what they say.
Old 28-05-2009, 09:02 PM   #20
perthxr6t
PERTHXR6T

Warren

We just had our 15,000k service on the XR5 Mondeo and our wheels were rotated and a few other items were checked and ours is serviced at Titan Ford and the service manager is Jeramy who is a top bloke and does listen to his customers.

Our front passenger door trim is coming away near the window so that is on order plus they also pressure tested the cooling system and there is a pipe that was leaking a very small amount of coolant so that is also on order for us and all under warranty.

The family has bought over 6 cars with them including 2 typhoons with heavy mods to the engine and it has never been a drama with any issues we have told them about. No drama's with any warranty issues so far with the Typhoons.

Cost was the same as yours mate just over $300 and is a Nov 07 build.

I was talking to them about all these issues with the car not starting and he made a good point that these cars sometimes sit around for months at ports around the world before they come here and not being started so the battery problems that alot of us have had could be that the batteries are well over a year old and with them not being charged for so long will cause these batteries to lose there charge and maybe also drop a load cell so i'll be changin our battery very soon as our car also didn't start at the service station 4 months ago and it locked us out but lucky for us after 5 mins it did let us unlock the car and it started and hasn't played up since that day and there were no fault codes on the ECU.

Panther Black XR5T Mondeo
Sunroof
BlueTooth
Mods So Far

Air Box Mod
Lowered Eibach Springs 25mm
Alloy foot Pedals
Waiting for the Edit to come
Custom Cat Back Zorst
perthxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2009, 11:55 PM   #21
mighty-mon

What edit are you looking at .....as im also waiting on Dreamscience, but Herrod (SCT) will also have one soon???
mighty-mon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #22
perthxr6t
PERTHXR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty-mon
What edit are you looking at .....as im also waiting on Dreamscience, but Herrod (SCT) will also have one soon???
SCT have the edit out now as far as i know but i haven't heard of anyone who has this on there mondeo as yet.

I'm waiting to hear back some info from the tuners before we get it.

Sunroof
BlueTooth
Mods So Far

Air Box Mod
Alloy foot Pedals
Custom Cat Back Zorst
Old 17-06-2009, 01:50 PM   #23
Zippy7

Hi guys.

I am in Sydney, also in a similar situation - my Mondeo has done barely 6,500kms, and its up for the 12 month service.

I rang a couple of Ford dealerships to get an idea of price - I was quoted $430 for City Ford and $460 at Alto Ford.

I then rang Ultratune who quoted $350

Since I am an NRMA member, I rang their MotorServe centre in Artarmon. They quoted me $276, and I get an extra 10% off that price.

No prizes for guessing where I have booked the service.

FWIW: Alto Ford reckon they use Castrol Edge 0W40
The NRMA bloke says he is going to use Valvoline 5W40

I'll report back late next week after the service gets done.
Old 17-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #24
mighty-mon

Spoke with Herrod via email last week and they advised that they are still awaiting the SCT edit for the Mondeo XR5. Wouldnt commit to any time frame but said he would contact me when they have something. :
mighty-mon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 08:49 PM   #25
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

McInerney Ford in Belmont. Speak with Greg.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #26
AussieFX
Starter Motor

Default Radio locked

A family member thought they would be clever by entering radio codes in the he 2000 mondeo after a recent service which included a battery disconnect.
Now the radio is totally locked and you cannot enter any codes.
Spoken with ford who need to remove the radio and send it off to be reset and then I can enter the correct radio code.
I thought it was BS but just dont know.

Any idea's would be appreciated.
AussieFX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 09:55 AM   #27
perthxr6t
PERTHXR6T

Shoot me if i am wrong but i'm sure you only get 3 chances to put the correct code in and if you don't then it self locks and this is an anti theft device for the radio CD player and it may have to go back to be reset so i don't think it is BS.

Sunroof
BlueTooth
Mods So Far

Air Box Mod
Alloy foot Pedals
Custom Cat Back Zorst