Australian Ford Forums

Australian Ford Forums (https://www.fordforums.com.au/index.php)
-   Blue Power Racing Developments (https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Fg na6 inlet mani on bseries... No worries! (https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11373718)

Tray 09-08-2012 09:56 PM

Fg na6 inlet mani on bseries... No worries!

Today i took the trip up to bluepower in the xr6, fg intake manifold bolted on ready for a retune wasnt quite sure how successful this manifold would really work... As ussual chris dropped me off to the mall, watched the new batman movie, ran circles around the centre looking like a noob but eventually i get the call with fantastic news. Keep in mind that previous tune was done with 3.45's (now 4.11's) with a catback exhaust change from xr6t to gt system (same size as far as i know) of 160.2rwkw. So off to bluepower we go, checked the dyno readings. First run before tune lands a 168rwkw WITH the fg manifold, but after 2hrs of "magic" chris managed a final reading of 179.6rwkw!!! A really surprising result, still amazed right now. Goes to show ford did a great job with this manifold. I havent been able to give her a good run as the roads are just way too *moist* give her some throttle just wheelspins, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. But 1 thing i have noticed is the midrange feels very strong over the ba bbm.

Enjoy some pictures...

https://i451.photobucket.com/albums/...6/b6f3cff2.jpg

https://i451.photobucket.com/albums/...6/36ef2b02.jpg

Theres still improvement to be made, may need to experiment with the manifold actuator to try remove that "dip" from change of plenum volume. Will be an interesting task. Thanks again Chris! Im sure to be back sometime soon.

So whats next in the n/a devolopment?...

Sorry to the big forced, v8 boys if i bored ya haha

XRGhia 09-08-2012 10:02 PM

Re: Fg na6 inlet mani on bseries... No worries!

I can't wait to see how far the FG manifold will go, especially with some more N/A mods! What's the next step in the build Ash?

Tray 09-08-2012 10:09 PM

Next step will be larger tb, new headers with 3" outlet and 3" cat. This car will most likely be a daily for quite some time so thats all i have planned atm. Need some genius ideas to make the magic 200 without lifting the valve cover... But who knows hey

Bluepower 13-08-2012 01:39 PM

Great work young fella, we are blown away by your handywork, it you who needs a pat on the back, not us.

Chris

80lbinjector 05-11-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tray (Post 4393658)
Today i took the trip up to bluepower in the xr6, fg intake manifold bolted on ready for a retune wasnt quite sure how successful this manifold would really work... As ussual chris dropped me off to the mall, watched the new batman movie, ran circles around the centre looking like a noob but eventually i get the call with fantastic news. Keep in mind that previous tune was done with 3.45's (now 4.11's) with a catback exhaust change from xr6t to gt system (same size as far as i know) of 160.2rwkw. So off to bluepower we go, checked the dyno readings. First run before tune lands a 168rwkw WITH the fg manifold, but after 2hrs of "magic" chris managed a final reading of 179.6rwkw!!! A really surprising result, still amazed right now. Goes to show ford did a great job with this manifold. I havent been able to give her a good run as the roads are just way too *moist* give her some throttle just wheelspins, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. But 1 thing i have noticed is the midrange feels very strong over the ba bbm.

Enjoy some pictures...

Theres still improvement to be made, may need to experiment with the manifold actuator to try remove that "dip" from change of plenum volume. Will be an interesting task. Thanks again Chris! Im sure to be back sometime soon.

So whats next in the n/a devolopment?...

Sorry to the big forced, v8 boys if i bored ya haha

TRAY i wanted to thank you, had i not see your thread i wouldn't of done mine

Tray 05-11-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 80lbinjector (Post 4507727)
TRAY i wanted to thank you, had i not see your thread i wouldn't of done mine

No worries mate, im just glad someone else went through with it to backup my results. Now go get yours tuned :D

Jimmydeste 09-11-2012 03:58 PM

Will be doing this to mine very shortly!!
I'll be running it with fg throttle body and injectors can't wait to see the outcome :yummy:

COLINFEARY 14-12-2013 11:05 AM

so does the fg throttle body work if wired up???

Ross 1 13-01-2016 08:41 PM

Bit of a thread mine but did you manage to sort out the dip in power? Cheers

efturbo 27-01-2016 07:00 PM

dips usually from bbm butterflies opening or in fg variable plenum volume changing

Ross 1 27-01-2016 07:12 PM

Thanks for the info, is there any way to reduce the size or duration of the dip in the curve?

250xflo@gmail.com 10-10-2018 11:07 PM

Quick question have done a fg intake onto a mates bf falcon with fg throttle body and injectors starts and runs just very rough, was just wondering if anyone else has done it this way with no issue or am I meant to use a bf injector with spacers on the rail.
And is getting tuned tommorow so would be wicked to find out before I rock up

Bluepower 13-03-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 250xflo@gmail.com (Post 6201877)
Quick question have done a fg intake onto a mates bf falcon with fg throttle body and injectors starts and runs just very rough, was just wondering if anyone else has done it this way with no issue or am I meant to use a bf injector with spacers on the rail.
And is getting tuned tommorow so would be wicked to find out before I rock up

Injector scalings are wrong, will be most likely corrected in your tune.