Australian Ford Forums

Australian Ford Forums (https://www.fordforums.com.au/index.php)
-   Shockworks (https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=360)
-   -   BA-FG Monoblock 4 Pot Brake Upgrade (https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11414067)

Shockworks 18-02-2014 11:26 AM

BA-FG Monoblock 4 Pot Brake Upgrade

Shockworks is proud to announce testing for our brake kits is complete and production has commenced with stocks available in April.
Pricing starts at $1800 for the front upgrade with fixed disc, then $2000 for the floating disc assembly.
Rears are still under final stages of development and will be available soon.

Colours as seen in picture were only for development purposes with a final colour yet to be decided.

https://i285.photobucket.com/albums/...e/DSC_0567.jpg

Stazza_Brendan 19-02-2014 12:14 AM

Re: BA-FG Monoblock 4 Pot Brake Upgrade

Im very interested in upgrading the brakes on my bf turbo ute. For the $1800 what do we get? Calipers, rotors, pads, caliper brackets and lines?

Also what are your rears going to be?

aktg6et 19-02-2014 12:53 AM

Am interested, but would need to know whether they would fit under the factory 19 inch 10spoke fg g6et wheels (I've heard brembos don't fit under these wheels so curious to know if these monoblocks would fit)
Cheers

ryan2991 19-02-2014 10:10 AM

Have you got a picture with the wheel on??

Shockworks 19-02-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stazza_Brendan (Post 5025733)
Im very interested in upgrading the brakes on my bf turbo ute. For the $1800 what do we get? Calipers, rotors, pads, caliper brackets and lines?

Also what are your rears going to be?

Hi Brendan,
The kit comes with the discs, calipers and caliper brackets. We are working on a braided brake line option for the kit. We used the standard brake line from the standard calipers but feel would get the best out of the new system with a better quality line. We will be offering a replacement disc for the rear and looking at options for a suitable caliper but feel most of the work done is at the front. It seems that at Winton and other tracks when the front brakes are strong the rears cope well. We have two options for the pad that come with the kit. One is a street pad with very low brake dust and our S1 pad for street and the track.
Cheers

Shockworks 19-02-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aktg6et (Post 5025766)
Am interested, but would need to know whether they would fit under the factory 19 inch 10spoke fg g6et wheels (I've heard brembos don't fit under these wheels so curious to know if these monoblocks would fit)
Cheers

The caliper is 6mm narrower than the Brembo. It maybe hard to get a G6ET wheel quickly but will see if we can get one to see if we have room. Do you know if it is the caliper width thats the problem? If so we may be OK but will see if we can get a wheel.
Cheers

Shockworks 19-02-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan2991 (Post 5025878)
Have you got a picture with the wheel on??

https://i285.photobucket.com/albums/...e/DSC_0568.jpg
This is with a 20" rim

FPV GTHO 19-02-2014 02:06 PM

What are the dimension specs for the rotors with this kit, and if you could, estimated replacement costs for the rotors?

aktg6et 20-02-2014 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shockworks (Post 5025977)
The caliper is 6mm narrower than the Brembo. It maybe hard to get a G6ET wheel quickly but will see if we can get one to see if we have room. Do you know if it is the caliper width thats the problem? If so we may be OK but will see if we can get a wheel.
Cheers

I think it's the width that's the issue, but not completely sure, just going on what I've researched round the forums. Pity your not in perth, but if u do get a g6et 19 wheel and can check clearance and let me know that would be great.
Cheers

Shockworks 20-02-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FPV GTHO (Post 5026012)
What are the dimension specs for the rotors with this kit, and if you could, estimated replacement costs for the rotors?

Hi GTHO,
The current disc that has been developed is a 355 x 32.5 radial vane design which we use on the Korean race cars for a while now with no issues. I estimate the cost for replacement discs at around $600 for the pair. This is just the rotor without the alloy hat as a replacement. We may also release a 380mm rotor for the Ford but need to do some more clearance tests first.
Our discs are used in the Korean V8 Supercar series where we supply the whole field with brakes and dampers.
Cheers
Brett
https://i285.photobucket.com/albums/...425_201126.jpg

https://i285.photobucket.com/albums/...425_193220.jpg

Whitey-AMG 26-02-2014 07:43 PM

Hi Brett

What is the complete cost of the rotor and alloy hat and what colour hats will you release for sale.

Keep up the great work and great products. Still luvin those coil overs mate , GT is so much fun to drive with em.

Doogs 27-02-2014 10:40 AM

Please keep us posted about your endeavors with the 380mm rotors and the rear caliper setup. Put me down for a set with braided lines as soon as they are released!

Shockworks 27-02-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESP (Post 5032107)
Hi Brett

What is the complete cost of the rotor and alloy hat and what colour hats will you release for sale.

Keep up the great work and great products. Still luvin those coil overs mate , GT is so much fun to drive with em.

Hey mate,

The cost of the disc replacement for the Brembo bakes we estimate to be around $800. This is with the alloy hat and we have chosen a dark grey colour as the gold was a bit bright haha. The fully floating option will be about $100 extra.
We have been bashing the brakes for the last month with outstanding results!!

Cheers
Brett

Whitey-AMG 27-02-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shockworks (Post 5032616)
Hey mate,

The cost of the disc replacement for the Brembo bakes we estimate to be around $800. This is with the alloy hat and we have chosen a dark grey colour as the gold was a bit bright haha. The fully floating option will be about $100 extra.
We have been bashing the brakes for the last month with outstanding results!!

Cheers
Brett

Ok

That's price competitice with the DBA 2 piece units ( 5000 series T3 2 piece rotors ) - actually yours are cheaper by a fair margin.

How do they compare to the DBA units ?
I'll need a set soon - so I have plenty of questions. LOL

natedog 05-03-2014 12:31 AM

Um.....goes fast.....gets round corners fast....pulls up freakin fast!!

I am very impressed with the gear that Shockworks produce!

I have had Brett and Chris's 355mm 4 piston monobloc front brake kit put in this morning and with a couple hours driving round I can say that the progressive and predictable pedal feel coupled with the stopping power have again transformed the car.

I will be giving them a good workout over the next few days :-)

Apparently the full production kits will have a grey alloy hat rather than the orange, which will look the goods I reckon.

Awesome gear for a reasonable price too!

Shockworks 05-03-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESP (Post 5032638)
Ok

That's price competitice with the DBA 2 piece units ( 5000 series T3 2 piece rotors ) - actually yours are cheaper by a fair margin.

How do they compare to the DBA units ?
I'll need a set soon - so I have plenty of questions. LOL

Hey ESP,

I did slip up a little with the price, as I had quoted for the smaller 320mm units we use on the GT86 so sorry about that mate.
The 355mm rotors with the alloy hats for the Ford Falcon will be $900 a pair. The fully floating is to be around $1050 as it is more expensive to produce and assemble. I can not say for sure how they compare with the DBA rotors which are recognised as quite good. All I can say is that the same rotor design we use are used on many races cars with very good results and are durable. All the testing we have performed so far has been outstanding. I have been involved in damper and brake testing for many years and feel our package is very predictable on the limit and with very good feedback. Less effort than some other monobloc callipers we have tested. We are still trying to source a high quality braided line for the kit but all testing so far has been with the factory brake line, so expect even better results with an improved brake line.

Cheers
Brett

natedog 05-03-2014 02:00 PM

Hey Brett,

forgot to ask yesterday, what sort of replacement cost are we looking at for the pads, the track/street ones which are in the car now?

Cheers,
Nathan

Shockworks 05-03-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natedog (Post 5038101)
Hey Brett,

forgot to ask yesterday, what sort of replacement cost are we looking at for the pads, the track/street ones which are in the car now?

Cheers,
Nathan

Hey Nathan,
The track pads will be around $80 for the set mate.

Cheers

natedog 05-03-2014 03:08 PM

Awesome,

Thanks Brett, have you decided on final colour of alloy hat and calliper yet?

another thing i forgot to ask yesterday...figured id ask on the forum so that others can get the info also....

:-)

Shockworks 05-03-2014 03:21 PM

Hey Natedog,

They will be anodized a dark grey so they look a bit more subtle and don't clash color wise with the caliper. I will be in Korea in the next month so will get some photos of the brakes being manufactured at the plant. Amazing production line and facilities.

Cheers
Brett

natedog 05-03-2014 03:57 PM

Thanks Brett,

When will the first sets hit Oz?

I NEED them :-)

Shockworks 05-03-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natedog (Post 5038200)
Thanks Brett,

When will the first sets hit Oz?

I NEED them :-)

We are looking at an mid April delivery. We will also be air freighting some kits to Australia when they are off the production line a little sooner for an extra $100 to cover the cost.

Cheers
Brett

Stazza_Brendan 05-03-2014 09:35 PM

With a definate price i may be interested in the pre-sale kits.

Shockworks 06-03-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stazza_Brendan (Post 5038562)
With a definate price i may be interested in the pre-sale kits.

Hi Stazza_Brendan,

The front kit using the 355mm fixed rotors with alloy hat and our Shockworks Mando calliper will be $1800.
The floating option with the 355mm disc and callipers is $2000. The callipers come with the low dust street pads. The S1 track pad is an $80 option for the kit.
So far we have tested with the standard Ford brake line and will have a braided line available with the kit as an option soon. Prices for the lines are still to be confirmed.
I hope this helps!!

Cheers
Brett

natedog 06-03-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shockworks (Post 5038919)
Hi Stazza_Brendan,

The front kit using the 355mm fixed rotors with alloy hat and our Shockworks Mando calliper will be $1800.
The floating option with the 355mm disc and callipers is $2000. The callipers come with the low dust street pads. The S1 track pad is an $80 option for the kit.
So far we have tested with the standard Ford brake line and will have a braided line available with the kit as an option soon. Prices for the lines are still to be confirmed.
I hope this helps!!

Cheers
Brett

Hey Brett,

So when I've worn out the first set of S1 pads how much to replace them?

dl86 06-03-2014 11:45 AM

Hi Brett,

I know you are getting bombarded with questions atm haha but here is another one

How is wheel clearance diameter wise with the new caliper over the Brembo 4 pot? I have Enkei RPF1 18" rims and I am worried about wheel clearance, there is prob 4mm clearance right now with the Brembo 4 pot.

Cheers
Dave

natedog 06-03-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dl86 (Post 5038947)
Hi Brett,

I know you are getting bombarded with questions atm haha but here is another one

How is wheel clearance diameter wise with the new caliper over the Brembo 4 pot? I have Enkei RPF1 18" rims and I am worried about wheel clearance, there is prob 4mm clearance right now with the Brembo 4 pot.

Cheers
Dave

This may or may not help as you have 18's but I have the stock FPV 19" rims and I've just gone out and measured, there is 16mm clearance from the closest part of the caliper to the inside circumference of the wheel.

Shockworks 06-03-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dl86 (Post 5038947)
Hi Brett,

Cheers
Dave

Hey Dave,
Natedog may be some help with the info he has just supplied, and we will have to wait until we get the brakes back to confirm for you. Can you give us the ID of the rim so we can do a clearance check? We will try and get them back soon but may be a little bit of a challenge as the test driver (natedog) seems to be having too much fun!!
Cheers

natedog 06-03-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shockworks (Post 5039090)
Hey Dave,
Natedog may be some help with the info he has just supplied, and we will have to wait until we get the brakes back to confirm for you. Can you give us the ID of the rim so we can do a clearance check? We will try and get them back soon but may be a little bit of a challenge as the test driver (natedog) seems to be having too much fun!!
Cheers

Hey Dave,

If you can measure the distance from the centre of your wheel to the inner circumference of the wheel as accurately as possible I can do the same and it might help?

Or I can drive up to Sydney to show them to you....is that cool Brett?? :yelrotflm

Shockworks 06-03-2014 04:22 PM

We will now be getting a supply of Goodridge braided brake lines from Howard Reynold's Race Brakes which are ADR approved for our Ford brake upgrades. Howard has so many years of experience. He even supported me in the early 90's when I was tearing up the tracks around Victoria!! :dance