Australian Ford Forums

Australian Ford Forums (https://www.fordforums.com.au/index.php)
-   Site Support (https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Can banned members become "Unbanned"? (https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11488494)

BA-XT 19-02-2021 07:35 PM

Can banned members become "Unbanned"?

Hi guys,

Was scrolling through some older posts in the E-Seeies section and noticed quite a lot of people from back in the day gt banned. It says "Banned" underneath their user name.

If you're banned, is it possible to have it reversed, or is that pretty much the end of the line after receiving warnings / time outs ect.?

Often wondered this when scrolling through.

JasonACT 19-02-2021 08:02 PM

Re: Can banned members become "Unbanned"?

How many psychologists does it take to change a light bulb? One, but the light bulb needs to want to change.

Banned members can always talk to a mod, and get it reversed.

BA-XT 19-02-2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonACT (Post 6548147)
How many psychologists does it take to change a light bulb? One, but the light bulb needs to want to change

Love it!!

Cool. Thanks. Been wondering this for quite a while.

russellw 20-02-2021 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BA-XT (Post 6548134)
Hi guys,

Was scrolling through some older posts in the E-Seeies section and noticed quite a lot of people from back in the day gt banned. It says "Banned" underneath their user name.

If you're banned, is it possible to have it reversed, or is that pretty much the end of the line after receiving warnings / time outs ect.?

Often wondered this when scrolling through.

Most of those who were banned in the great E-Series debacle of 2009 (?) have since been reinstated with new identities if they wanted to return and the rest are elsewhere presumably.

You really have to push the boundaries to earn a permanent ban but that's never closed the door completely as a few here can testify!

nstg8a 20-02-2021 01:20 PM

Yep, as one of the many that got banned there is always a chance for redemption haha. Or at least quiet obedience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FormulaFG 20-02-2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russellw (Post 6548264)
Most of those who were banned in the great E-Series debacle of 2009 (?) have since been reinstated with new identities if they wanted to return and the rest are elsewhere presumably.

E-Series debacle? Tell me more :lol

Yellow_Festiva 20-02-2021 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FormulaFG (Post 6548352)

Was thinking the same thing :yelrotflm

PG2 20-02-2021 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva (Post 6548441)
Was thinking the same thing :yelrotflm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FormulaFG

Let's not re-live it in this thread.

If someone wants to tell you about it, they can PM you.

BA-XT 20-02-2021 11:30 PM

Quote:

You really have to push the boundaries to earn a permanent ban but that's never closed the door completely as a few here can testify!

Thanks. Yeah was mostly using that as an example after I went for a drive down the rabbit hole as it were.

Just something I've always wondered about.:raisedeye

Cheers,

Paul M.

TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys 22-02-2021 07:59 PM

Quote:

No idea what you are talking about Russ

Sincerely Trev :lol

slowsnake 30-05-2021 06:10 AM

I was banned for being " argumentative " and I enjoyed debating ****, but always come back with your old username not a new one!
Otherwise it shows a "weakness of character"

Its like being a Ford man but driving a Holden, its like loving ABBA but denying it when ya drinking with the boys!.lol.