Australian Ford Forums

Australian Ford Forums (https://www.fordforums.com.au/index.php)
-   Site Support (https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Searchable DTC Database **UPDATED** (https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11259492)

russellw 11-05-2009 09:42 PM

Searchable DTC Database **UPDATED**

Good evening

It's not yet complete but we have put together a Diagnostic Trouble Code lookup database where you can search for them.

You'll need to select a model from the drop down list and know the DTC code as the search will only return a maximum of three results.

Codes for models from AU onward will start with B (Body related), P (Power train related) or U (CAN related) and we will keep adding to the data over the next few days.

Models prior to AU have numeric codes without a prefix.

Note: if you find insufficient data on a code under one model, try using the REF code explained below.

At present we have EF, EL, AU, BA, BF and FG uploaded.

There is also a reference database (REF) included that gives considerably more detail for each "P" type DTC up to P1900. The column headings for REF based searches (Mechanical / Sensor / Electrical) are not ALWAYS applicable and these should be read as Explanation / Possible Causes and Diagnostic Aids.

**The REF database has been updated to include Ranger DTC's**

Search Form is HERE

Cheers
Russ

vevapower 06-09-2010 03:34 PM

Great thanks! Now that the XCAL 3 can log DTC codes and then clear them this data base for yours will save people heaps of coin taking their cars to a workshop!

raalwa 25-04-2012 11:44 AM

Re: Searchable DTC Database

Hi I have 2 codes P0500 and U1039 I think these may be related.Your thead mensions tyre size change.I ghanged from 215/65/16 to 215/60/16 6 months ago and this code has appeared now.Could this be the problem.Thanks Alan

russellw 25-04-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raalwa
Hi I have 2 codes P0500 and U1039 I think these may be related.Your thead mensions tyre size change.I ghanged from 215/65/16 to 215/60/16 6 months ago and this code has appeared now.Could this be the problem.Thanks Alan

While it's possible I'd be rather nmore suspicious of a faulty wheel speed sensor or similar. If you can get to someone with a WDS or other programmer then you could try resetting the tyre size in the VID block and see if the errors go away.

Cheers
Russ

cruze 01-06-2012 01:27 PM

This is fantastic ! thanks....

I am recieving a code that does not appear: P2154 ......?

russellw 02-06-2012 01:35 AM

There is a B2154 - Front Echo Sensor Circuit Failure which is generated by the CSM (Central Security Module)

Cheers
Russ

Luke Plaizier 23-10-2012 10:01 PM

Is it time to consider a PID database.....?

Lukeyson

russellw 23-10-2012 10:13 PM

The PID's for most late models are in the tech portal currently. It's not much of an effort to make that into a database table and the create the search form but it depends if there is enough demand.

Cheers
Russ

in shock 31-05-2013 08:34 PM

This is the best web site ever, as a retired Auto Enginneer this is an absolute gift for valuable reliable info.greaaaaat stuff !!!!! With Ford on the way out (and I have bought many new Fords) and currently own the last of the BF Wagons and sad to say a troublesome brand new SZ Territory with 17 faults as a free gift, this web site will be an owners salvation. Getting any info from Ford is harder than winning LOTTO, so go for it bring it on and RUSSELL W for P.M

russellw 31-05-2013 11:42 PM

Thanks for the kind words. I think I'm probably more use here than running the country :yelrotflm

Cheers
Russ

mccoy54wru 26-11-2013 12:58 AM

My BA is reporting through FORscan the code PCM P1213-63. Are the suffixes in the database somewhere, or is there a recommended way to find their meaning?

I see that the P1213 error in the forum DTC database is "Gas start injector circuit failure", and there is some detail in the BA Workshop Manual with Description and Possible causes.

Ta.

===DTC P1213-63===
Code: P1213 - Cold Start Injector #1

Additional Fault Symptom:
- Signal is Above Maximum Threshold

- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Powertrain Control Module

Diagnostic Trouble Code details

Cold Start Injector #1

===END DTC P1213-63===

nstg8a 15-08-2014 06:37 PM

Re: Searchable DTC Database **UPDATED**

This may not be the right place, but my lane is throwing up two fault codes

po340 which from using the database is camshaft position sensor

And

po443. In the database the search found nothing? Anyone know what it is?

russellw 15-08-2014 06:45 PM

It's there under the REF section.

DTC # P0443
Description: EVAP solenoid / circuit failure (EVAP).
Mechanical:
Sensor: Solenoid failed.
Electrical: Damaged or defective wiring or connections.
Other: Defective PCM.

Cheers
Russ

nstg8a 15-08-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russellw (Post 5186785)
It's there under the REF section.

DTC # P0443
Description: EVAP solenoid / circuit failure (EVAP).
Mechanical:
Sensor: Solenoid failed.
Electrical: Damaged or defective wiring or connections.
Other: Defective PCM.

Cheers
Russ

Awesome, thanks russell

lowlanda 23-10-2014 12:15 PM

Amazing stuff, thank you so much!

mhyne 18-03-2019 06:31 PM

Out of interest, can someone tell me what the best tool is for reading these codes.

I did try using one of those bluetooth ODB-II readers but it did not seem to read fault codes.

The Ford dealers told me that an ODB reader wont be able to read most of the fault codes and you need a proprietary tool that only dealers can get hold of.

Is this correct ?

(I have a BA Falcon and a SZ Territory with a combination of faults I am debugging the old way).

russellw 19-03-2019 08:57 AM

No it's not correct. Start with a read of THIS article but there are several non IDS readers than have no problem reading the major codes.

Cheers
Russ

mhyne 19-03-2019 11:42 AM

thanks Russell. I will have a play with that tool and my OBDII reader and see if I can get some codes out of the unit.