Australian Ford Forums

Australian Ford Forums (https://www.fordforums.com.au/index.php)
-   AU Falcon.com.au (https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Welcome New aufalcon.com Members - Say Hello Here (https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11247586)

Dauphin 24-01-2009 10:58 AM

Welcome New aufalcon.com Members - Say Hello Here

A warm welcome to all new members! :)

This thread has been created to encourage new members of the aufalcon.com club to say hello and introduce themselves.

aufalcon.com is a web-based club with over a thousand members in Australia, NZ and elsewhere. We have several meets and cruise events of varying sizes each year in various states. We also organise group buy discount purchases with various participating businesses.

We look forward to hearing from you so please take the time to tell us a little bit about yourself!

The aufalcon.com Team.

Cookie-XR8 25-01-2009 09:27 PM

allright were do i start lol,

ive got 2 au series I, one has the body done and the other has the engine done lol

ill add some photos one day and a bit more info

Dauphin 27-01-2009 10:39 AM

Hi gnarlyau, I feel that's more of a workshop build subject. My intentions were to let everyone know a bit more about each other, not necessarily their cars. :)

Cookie-XR8 27-01-2009 10:47 AM

sorry :(

name is robert/ aka cookie
20 live in brisbane/kingaroy, work at channel nine studios
p.s. i got a fetish for au falcons??

that kind of thing???????????????

Dauphin 27-01-2009 10:55 AM

Yeah, that's great!

So what do you do at the Nine studios? I wanted to work in a TV studio when I was a kid. I miss the old days of Hey, Hey and Tonight Live.

Cookie-XR8 27-01-2009 11:05 AM

security, its great job kick browse the net, talk to all the clebs n everything, not that exciting but i have to wear a tie :( im at work now lol

_CRUZ_ 27-01-2009 11:07 AM

Kewl, i have an au1, located on the Goldie, Work in Real Estate, have done car servicing, parts sales, car sales, some panel and paint work, upholstry, graphix on cars, car detailing, lol maybe i need to get back into some car career not property.

Any how im 35 ouch, almost married, trying to get divorced before it happens, trying to find free time.

Nice to meet yaz

The Monty 27-01-2009 12:18 PM

Wow, two locals. Im not new, but anyway, Im from Brisbane, 23, marrying in 6 months, two kids, and the two AU's.

We'll have to have another cruise soon and get some new people out for it.

Cookie-XR8 27-01-2009 12:22 PM

yeah im keen for a cruise, what are they like? family welcome etc?

RG 27-01-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnarlyau
yeah im keen for a cruise, what are they like? family welcome etc?

AUFalcon.com is a family orientated club.

Cookie-XR8 27-01-2009 01:17 PM

thats awesome ill bring the missus the kid the dogs the bird my grandmother lol

or just the missus lol, someone will have to set something up i wanna check out all these sexy au falcons and get some ideas

RG 27-01-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnarlyau
thats awesome ill bring the missus the kid the dogs the bird my grandmother lol

or just the missus lol, someone will have to set something up i wanna check out all these sexy au falcons and get some ideas

If you haven't already, remember to sign up to www.aufalcon.com

Cookie-XR8 27-01-2009 02:04 PM

ive been a member there for a while but it would never let me sign up here,

Dave_Obsession 27-01-2009 10:57 PM

Well I'm Dave (obviously), 24 from Melbourne, work in the sports industry........not married, no kids!!!

Got my AUIII Futura......always been into cars without ever really doing anything about it........just waiting for a little more cash to come in before I start adding & upgrading my baby!!

I have a workshop build thread that I will update once I get started!!!

And once that's underway, will definately be interested in getting involved in some cruises etc.....

Nice to meet everybody!

Dave

MrXr6Tickford 27-01-2009 11:06 PM

Nice to meet everyone :D

Dont forget to start build threads once you get the mod's coming along :D

au11futura 28-01-2009 06:16 PM

Hey guys new to the Au series stuff used to be an E-Series owner for ages.

Im a truckie working with glass.

Names George.

Just bought a AU11 futura in Grandpah gold haha.

All stock so far, ex barrosa council car, 120thou on the clock.

Price Very cheap thanks to car yard mate.

MrXr6Tickford 28-01-2009 09:48 PM

Very nice pick up there George!

Any plans for the car? :D

martymonsta79 31-01-2009 02:50 AM

Hey all!
I'm Marty from Perth
I'm a born again memeber since I have a comp again and couldn't locate myself so i signed up again.
I'm in the tyre game and love my AU2 futura that i've had for nearly 6 years

Dauphin 31-01-2009 09:52 AM

Hi Marty. Six years hey, has the modification bug hit you yet? I bet it has nice tyres, hehe. I've had mine for five years now.

martymonsta79 31-01-2009 11:37 AM

few mods through the years just yer basic bolt ons but still running the stock alloys i like the sleeper look but haven't found a set pf wheels that fully do it for me yet

alanau 25-02-2009 11:57 PM

Hi guys i'm alan i'm from melb im only 16 years old just got my learners.

Got my AU from my parents they gave it to me for my 16th birthday and they betrayed ford and brought a VY SS :mad:.

I think I saw you at aeroplane viewing area near melb airport Dauphin lol.

MrXr6Tickford 26-02-2009 12:18 AM

Hey Alan, nice ride!

Any future plans for it?

alanau 26-02-2009 12:23 AM

well i'm installing a 2800rpm stall to it and after that i'm gonna save up for upgraded camshaft, vernier gears etc...

oh yeah and I want to get a Mustang Cobra theme going on the car I would like to get a mustang rear/front bumper bar and modify it to fit it. I've already got the SVT cobra mustang rims so i'm getting there!

JC 26-02-2009 01:36 AM

What about old members, or returning members?

So, g'day all. My name is JC, I am at that time in life where I want to be young(er), but realise I am just getting old(er) - you know, somewhere between 30 and dead. I'm married, have 3 kids under 6, have had 5 AUs (just about on my 6th) & work for the Govt in IT software development as a PM (ex BA/Tester background).

Oh, and I am partial to the odd AU (just in case you missed that).

I have done the odd mod or two on AUs (I6s and V8s), so can usually help with most mod issues; and if I can't, there's plenty on here who can too!

Dauphin 26-02-2009 11:52 AM

Hi Alan, that would have been me, I like to hang there and watch the planes. Been ages since I've been able to catch a 747 tho. I like the Mustang wheels on your car, looks different, works well. The AU was my first car also, they are great first cars!

Hi JC, can't forget you, you never really left us. :) Good to hear you're getting back into an AU. Do you plan to make many mods to it?

JC 26-02-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dauphin
Hi JC, can't forget you, you never really left us. :) Good to hear you're getting back into an AU. Do you plan to make many mods to it?

Thanks - and yes, I couldn't stay away! Well, it's already reasonably modified in terms of looks, but there's still a few things I will do. Mechanically, it will remain as is, until something engine related requires a supercharger to be added (a along way off, I reckon).

RUMBLBM 14-03-2009 12:20 PM

Already said hello... in the wrong place

Already said hello here:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=241

And THEN found the AU section :togo:

Maybe an admin can move it for me?

Anyway... hello :nana:

RUMBLBM 14-03-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUMBLBM
Already said hello here:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=241

And THEN found the AU section :togo:

Maybe an admin can move it for me?

Anyway... hello :nana:

sorry... i meant here:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...93#post2572893

Dauphin 14-03-2009 03:02 PM

Hi Rumblebm,

That's a great looking AU you have, a late model too. Do you know where the scoop came from? The stripes are a nice touch. I know it's a family car, but would you consider having it lowered? It'd look even better!

So tell us a little bit about yourself...

Andrew.

Here is Rumblebm's car:

https://www.amnet.net.au/~chriswinte...m/rumble02.jpg

RUMBLBM 14-03-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dauphin
Hi Rumblebm,

That's a great looking AU you have, a late model too. Do you know where the scoop came from? The stripes are a nice touch. I know it's a family car, but would you consider having it lowered? It'd look even better!

So tell us a little bit about yourself...

Andrew.

Thanks for the kind comments mate.

I'll find out where the scoop came from for you as the previouse owner (and ONLY other owner) of this car supplied all 7 years worth of receipts. Mostly serviced by Ford from new.

As said before, she loved and cared for this car so in my mind, it made it a safe buy (as safe as you can get anyway)

I'd love to lower the car but we'll see. it would make it look better for sure, but as a family car im also keen to keep the ride as comfortable as possible. We have kids hence the reason for upsizing again.

We live in Perth, and I've mainly been into the Jap car scene, and the 300zx is well over due some costly TLC, so that's another reason to resist the temptation to go crazy on the AU.

The AU is mainly the wifes car and she loves it to bits.

We're heading out this arvo and already the "who's driving" argument has come up haha.

If you guys ever have meets/cruises in Perth I'm sure we'll try and pop along, or I'll just send the wife out and I'll look after the kids.

I owe her a few from all the nights I've headed out with the diferent Jap Tune cruises. (cruises... NOT street racing)

As said in the other thread, the car's got a 2.5 inch full Exhaust system and larger extractors so I'm kind of interested to know what power over stock that would add if much as all?

And down the line, who knows, maybe we will be tempted to look at lowering, and seeing if an XR6 Manual Gear box and LSD would fit ;)