Australian Ford Forums

Australian Ford Forums (https://www.fordforums.com.au/index.php)
-   Focus (https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   changing headlight globes??? (https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11217658)

4dlvr 20-04-2008 01:52 PM

changing headlight globes???

anyone no the rite way to change the headlight globes on a lr focus???
i tried from behind in the bonnet and realized it wasn't possible,
then i thought the light might come out, i took the 2 viewable screws out but the light still wouldn't come out, theres a screw that i just cant find...
please help someone :weirdo:

Tj-zetec 20-04-2008 02:57 PM

I went through a stage where my local spares place was getting a batch of really dodgy globes and I was replacing them every second month nearly.

It's not an enjoyable job.

To change the passenger's side globe, I was removing the battery and the battery box. from there I could open the little flap on the back of the head light.
It's a small opening, there's not a lot of room and you can't really see what you're doing.

The driver's side was a little easier, but not much easier.
I don't recall having to remove anything, but I think I did have to move a few hoses around. They unclip quite easily and free up a little bit of space.

However, I could be going about this completely wrong so if someone else out there knows an easier way to do it, I'd love to hear it. I was only following what it had in the owners manual, and even then it only tells you how to open the flap on the back of the headlight.

FOCUSonTHIS 20-04-2008 06:30 PM

The manual for the car will tell you step by step...but it is a very hard process and its something that I don't enjoy doing on my car. Best headlight globes I have used is the genuine ones believe it or not. Lasted me 4 years. I put blue vision in and they blew after 3 months. So I forked out $60 for genuine and I don't have a problem

melbzetec 20-04-2008 06:51 PM

There is no easy way. It is done as the guys describe it. If you've taken out scrws....put them straight back!

You have to flick down a large wire clip from the top of the black covering of the headlight in the engine bay. As TJ says, try the driver side firts, theres more space.

Also try using a small mirror to see what you're doing. there is no way of getting your head behind it

Tj-zetec 21-04-2008 05:54 PM

I beg to differ steve.

I managed to get my head in the spot where the battery box lives. then again, I got a little head (goes with the little body)

Didn't really help tho, still couldn't see anything. :yelrotflm

4dlvr 22-04-2008 12:07 PM

ok its been done, thanx heaps.
hard but not nearly as hard as i thought it was, cheers

20focus05 30-04-2008 10:37 PM

its easy, remove the one screw at the top that attaches the assembly to the front bulk head, the whole head light unclips out. thats for the LS
The power steering res is down below the right hand head light.
my 2 cents.

WHOOPS DID NOT READ YOUR ORIGINAL POST PROPERLY