View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #36
rand0mn00b

Default Re: Ford Sat Nav Map Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutanti View Post
I remember Modifying a Micro SD Card for Android Phones to "ROOT" a Mobile phone is A Similar manner not to Long ago.
This Might give someone who is better at these things than I am...
There should be a way of Copying the Number from One card to another in Similar fashion if you could locate the HEX area you would need from one card to another..
Google How to make A gold Card From HTC Desire - There was an older way where you would copy some hex data from a file onto a Card to enable Rooting...
Link here....
that is true, to do that you would need the person providing the maps to be willing to supply his identifier number. second you would need to know where to look for that number to supply it to the recipient.

i think the only people on this forum interested in new maps would already have an existing SD cards with a license on it, it's just that they're out of date. so it would be safer and less tantamount to piracy to use your existing license but just update the maps.

the only people who may not already have licensed SD cards are perhaps those wanting to sell up to date maps for profit?

getting a free update from Ford is obviously the best outcome someone can hope for... but after seeing the licensing structure it would seem that after a certain period of time passes, they will want your $$$
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote