View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 04:11 PM   #2943
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
I go to IGA to buy $9 per kg rump slabs and $12 scotch and then go to Coles for others. Although i notice that IGA bananas are often < $3 kg where as Coles standard now is $4, at least IGA is local money.
IGA has some of the best deals on meat, there is an IGA where I go for work once a week and I usually drop in and buy steak and chicken if they have the deals on.

Not only that, the meat is better quality than the other two criminal corporations where I NEVER buy meat.

The only other place I get meat is Aldi, Pork mince under $8 a kilo (great for taco's pasta, lasagna, Asian Mince Recipes etc) and I get the burger mince for home made hamburgers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator
False. Worked for a retailer that did deals and stunts to bring customers in, hoping sale of other goods will more than make up for a single product, and then there is the prospect of repeat business.
Yes, but a bit different to just selling stuff at a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator
Who am I to argue with the butcher?
They affectionately call our local butcher 'The Rap!$t', and the title is well deserved for his predatory pricing.

I would not believe a word he utters and I do not give him my money.

He has also been known to steal meat when doing kills for local farmers. Local farmers recently discovered that they consistently get an additional 30-40kg of meat per animal when sent to the abattoir than when he processes them.

But all that is getting very off topic.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: